ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 06:18 AM   #31
Johnf3 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: West Texas
Oddometer: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
Why won't it fit? I've seen brackets for them.

http://www.motostrano.com/Brembo-Sup...331-2004x-.htm

The caliper pin spacing is different on the Brembo caliper that the 950/990 uses. These adapters are for the smaller calipers on all the other KTMs. Won't work.
__________________
'06 950 Adventure S
'10 Husaberg FX 450
'01 KTM 520exc
Johnf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #32
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnf3 View Post
The caliper pin spacing is different on the Brembo caliper that the 950/990 uses. These adapters are for the smaller calipers on all the other KTMs. Won't work.

These off-the-shelf brackets are for a radial caliper and not the stock one, and the radial caliper will not fit with them on a 21" wheel because it's too wide as StevenD said. It might be possible to make it fit with a custom bracket and a disc spacer, but you'd have to build it yourself.

As I said above the 2009+ 530 and smaller KTMs use a new caliper that has the same pin spacing as the 950/990 Adv + Se, and 690 E / R. This is why I recommended somebody to try the 77013914000 bracket with a 320mm disc.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #33
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry
 
LocuL's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Denmark - Jutland
Oddometer: 1,198
With the motostrano addition i think there will clearence enough for the magura 4pot.
__________________
KTM 950(1190) Adv-s, Soon to be Project 1190
KTM 530 EXC-R 08
LocuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #34
Aussie Steve
Beastly Adventurer
 
Aussie Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Maitland
Oddometer: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locul@hotmail.com View Post
With the motostrano addition i think there will clearence enough for the magura 4pot.
Caliper mount is irrelevant, its the space between the inside of the disc and the spokes which is too small for the caliper.

Anyone tried the KTM bracket Lukas listed?

I have found many references to it working without seeing proof it does and one claim that it doesnt?
Aussie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #35
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!
 
StevenD's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Holland, Amserdammed
Oddometer: 1,111
Still looking for a 950 or 690 calliper. as soon as i find one i'll order this bracket. Have an exc calliper on the 999 now.
__________________
999 LC8 Rat-Rally custom - 500 EXC - XR666R '85
StevenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #36
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer
 
tahoeacr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Tahoe
Oddometer: 2,210
I'm not following here. You have the 320 disc and 4 piston caliper. Why not figure it out? How wide is your caliper? My four piston is 66mm wide. Fits fine with the stock wheel. Probably go as wide as 72mm and have clearance.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #37
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer
 
tahoeacr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Tahoe
Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Steve View Post
Caliper mount is irrelevant, its the space between the inside of the disc and the spokes which is too small for the caliper.

Anyone tried the KTM bracket Lukas listed?

I have found many references to it working without seeing proof it does and one claim that it doesnt?
Caliper mount is the hardest part. Space between the disc and spoke is irrelevent. Mount the caliper then space the disc appropriately.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #38
Aussie Steve
Beastly Adventurer
 
Aussie Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Maitland
Oddometer: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
Caliper mount is the hardest part. Space between the disc and spoke is irrelevent. Mount the caliper then space the disc appropriately.

Are you sure?

Looked into this a while ago and the consensus was that the disc cant be spaced out far enough to clear.

When you say stock wheel is it the 17" or 21"?
Aussie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #39
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer
 
tahoeacr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Tahoe
Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Steve View Post
Are you sure?

Looked into this a while ago and the consensus was that the disc cant be spaced out far enough to clear.

When you say stock wheel is it the 17" or 21"?

I think I went 6.04mm with the the disc. Stock 21" rim

I know this thread is for stock caliper conversion but for that much trouble and how great the four pistons work I think Dan950ser should get his radial to work since he has one.

Your thinking this here


Looks bolt on with 17 mag but would probably need the adapter bracket milled(to move the caliper out) a little to clear 21" spokes. But since the bracket is available that is the direction I would head. Just throwin ideas out there for him.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #40
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer
 
mousitsas's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 2,681
320 disc

You can use a stock 640SM caliper, they are made for 320 discs with the same fitting pattern as the 950/990.
The carriers are different though, so you need the hole assembly. Minor milling required (about 1mm off the inside of the carrier) depending on the rivet sizes of the disc you will use.
mousitsas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #41
Aussie Steve
Beastly Adventurer
 
Aussie Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Maitland
Oddometer: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
I think I went 6.04mm with the the disc. Stock 21" rim

I know this thread is for stock caliper conversion but for that much trouble and how great the four pistons work I think Dan950ser should get his radial to work since he has one.

Looks bolt on with 17 mag but would probably need the adapter bracket milled(to move the caliper out) a little to clear 21" spokes. But since the bracket is available that is the direction I would head. Just throwin ideas out there for him.
Thanks for the confirmation its possible.

Is that an adventure/SE or SD/SM? I have no idea on the LC8 but the LC4 variants used a different triple clamp with wider fork spacing on the duke/motard.
Aussie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #42
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer
 
tahoeacr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Tahoe
Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Steve View Post
Thanks for the confirmation its possible.

Is that an adventure/SE or SD/SM? I have no idea on the LC8 but the LC4 variants used a different triple clamp with wider fork spacing on the duke/motard.

07 990 adventure S so no anti-lock crap in the way.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #43
Aussie Steve
Beastly Adventurer
 
Aussie Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Maitland
Oddometer: 1,390
Thanks again.
Aussie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #44
Dan950ser
NW Shredder
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Olympia, WA
Oddometer: 411
So was going to try and make the radial work but just realized my stock 2006 450 Smr stuff is a 310mm disc. Crap... What to do now. Well why I debate it I ordered a cyclops hid race light and xpc can't wait till they get here. Thanks for the input as this mod is in the near future for me.
__________________
2007 KTM 990 SuperDuperEnduroR

2014 KTM 250 XC-W
Dan950ser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #45
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry
 
LocuL's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Denmark - Jutland
Oddometer: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnf3 View Post
The caliper pin spacing is different on the Brembo caliper that the 950/990 uses. These adapters are for the smaller calipers on all the other KTMs. Won't work.
Can someone confim that these are 108mm or 100mm?

Regards
Mikael
__________________
KTM 950(1190) Adv-s, Soon to be Project 1190
KTM 530 EXC-R 08
LocuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014