ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #241
5punksdad OP
Tag-Master-Flash
 
5punksdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Front Royal, VA
Oddometer: 2,730
Hours are 530am til 8pm 7 days.

Its in your mailbox bwalsh.

KLR friendly too!








Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
NW VA Tag-to-Eat tag game
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #242
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5punksdad View Post
Hours are 530am til 8pm 7 days.

Its in your mailbox bwalsh.
Pfft. Too far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5punksdad
KLR friendly too!



I do need some beer...
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #243
5punksdad OP
Tag-Master-Flash
 
5punksdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Front Royal, VA
Oddometer: 2,730
The current tag was an afterthought. My first choice was a fail...
Well it was bound to happen. Today i got the first denial on the duck placement. The owner of this establishment refused to keep the duck and made it clear he wasn't a fan of motorcycles and motorcyclists. I wished scrooge a merry Christmas and left. Fyi...it will be my last stop at this place



Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
NW VA Tag-to-Eat tag game
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #244
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5punksdad View Post
The current tag was an afterthought. My first choice was a fail...
Well it was bound to happen. Today i got the first denial on the duck placement. The owner of this establishment refused to keep the duck and made it clear he wasn't a fan of motorcycles and motorcyclists. I wished scrooge a merry Christmas and left. Fyi...it will be my last stop at this place



Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
I shall make this the new RTE spot!

You know, In some ways it would be better to stash the duck outside and let the grabber inform the owner of why he/she is there...or not.
It would also take care of ducks being tossed out after not being grabbed for awhile. I can handle that without ANY help...
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #245
5punksdad OP
Tag-Master-Flash
 
5punksdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Front Royal, VA
Oddometer: 2,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
I shall make this the new RTE spot!

You know, In some ways it would be better to stash the duck outside and let the grabber inform the owner of why he/she is there...or not.
It would also take care of ducks being tossed out after not being grabbed for awhile. I can handle that without ANY help...
thats not a bad idea.......maybe a rule modification in the works.

although most places seem to welcome the game and it does spark up conversation.
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #246
5punksdad OP
Tag-Master-Flash
 
5punksdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Front Royal, VA
Oddometer: 2,730
Testing


Test successful.....now u all have the location.
Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
NW VA Tag-to-Eat tag game
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #247
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5punksdad View Post
thats not a bad idea.......maybe a rule modification in the works.

although most places seem to welcome the game and it does spark up conversation.
Then, on the other hand, it is nice to interact with the owners/clerks but I also don't want to stop in where I'm not welcome...Decisions, decisions...

Guess we feel out the situation and set the tag accordingly.
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #248
5punksdad OP
Tag-Master-Flash
 
5punksdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Front Royal, VA
Oddometer: 2,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Then, on the other hand, it is nice to interact with the owners/clerks but I also don't want to stop in where I'm not welcome...Decisions, decisions...

Guess we feel out the situation and set the tag accordingly.
I think for now we leave it as is. But if this becomes a pattern we may have to make modifications. Its just one grumpy old guy. This game is in the infancy stages. I expect changes as we move forward.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
NW VA Tag-to-Eat tag game
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #249
freaking RT
will golf for food
 
freaking RT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: just outside Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 31,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5punksdad View Post
The current tag was an afterthought. My first choice was a fail...
Well it was bound to happen. Today i got the first denial on the duck placement. The owner of this establishment refused to keep the duck and made it clear he wasn't a fan of motorcycles and motorcyclists. I wished scrooge a merry Christmas and left. Fyi...it will be my last stop at this place



Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
where is the cranky old bastard? we should round up 50 or so bikes and go see him
__________________
“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," - President Barack Obama
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #250
5punksdad OP
Tag-Master-Flash
 
5punksdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Front Royal, VA
Oddometer: 2,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT View Post
where is the cranky old bastard? we should round up 50 or so bikes and go see him


That should get ya close. They're closed Sunday but im free whenever..... lol.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
NW VA Tag-to-Eat tag game
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #251
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,923
5PD, I hate to tell you but you are off on your map...and so is the address, and map at Yelp.com. The yellow pages has a different address too...
Doesn't surprise me though.

freaking RT, It's between where my VA tag and twohawks VA tag in Fishers Hill were placed, here...

38.98683, -78.40100
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #252
freaking RT
will golf for food
 
freaking RT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: just outside Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 31,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
5PD, I hate to tell you but you are off on your map...and so is the address, and map at Yelp.com. The yellow pages has a different address too...
Doesn't surprise me though.

freaking RT, It's between where my VA tag and twohawks VA tag in Fishers Hill were placed, here...

38.98683, -78.40100
that's close to the google map spot I found.

so, when are we gonna gather a bunch of bikers and head over

does he have gas pumps? we could all buy $1 and stand in line
__________________
“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," - President Barack Obama
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #253
5punksdad OP
Tag-Master-Flash
 
5punksdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Front Royal, VA
Oddometer: 2,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT View Post
that's close to the google map spot I found.

so, when are we gonna gather a bunch of bikers and head over

does he have gas pumps? we could all buy $1 and stand in line
Gas pumps are removed. Just an old store. Should be less than 1/2 mile from my map marker.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
NW VA Tag-to-Eat tag game

5punksdad screwed with this post 12-06-2012 at 07:56 AM
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #254
5punksdad OP
Tag-Master-Flash
 
5punksdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Front Royal, VA
Oddometer: 2,730
current tag location update..............if you search for this store on google, several pop up. Its the one in Front Royal for those of you outside the area.

5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #255
fragile_this_side_up
Beastly Adventurer
 
fragile_this_side_up's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Strasburg, VA
Oddometer: 1,128
this is my kinda tag.. i already have a great idea...
__________________
weekend day-tripper '03 SV650Naked SOLD! http://www.flickr.com/photos/8007308...7630515234266/
daily commuter. '12 DL650ADV http://www.flickr.com/photos/8007308...7633330697107/
fragile_this_side_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014