Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 03:37 AM   #61
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

Oddometer: 164
Barkbuster Hand-guards.

Barkbuster Hand-guards.*
We both have them and they always protect your levers in get offs as well as your hands from branches. *They work really well to protect your hands from the cold along with the heated grips.
"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs & emotions, liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood & demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave." Dr. Lyle Rossiter
'11 R1200GS Adventure, '12 F800GS III Black, '13 URAL GearUp
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:40 AM   #62
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

Touratech Zumo 665 mounting system

Touratech Zumo 665 mounting system. *This mount really mitigates the vibration that would go into the GPS which I'm almost certain is not good for any electronic devise. *

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs & emotions, liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood & demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave." Dr. Lyle Rossiter
Old 04-21-2012, 03:41 AM   #63
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

Garmin Zumo 665

Garmin Zumo 665
Besides the occasional lockups and shutdowns, and Bluetooth connectivity issues, it got us where we needed to go and accepted the UTBDR tracks and kept us on point.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:42 AM   #64
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

RAM Roller Mounts for the GPS Map62s and the Spot Connect

RAM Roller Mounts for the GPS Map62s and the Spot Connect. *You won't have to worry about loosing your devises with these mount/cradles. *These really secure them to the bike.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:43 AM   #65
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

Garmin GPS MAP62S

Garmin GPS MAP62S
Flawless.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:43 AM   #66
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

Spot connect.*

Spot connect.*
*No issues.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:45 AM   #67
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

SW Motech Crashbars on KLR 650

Didn't quite take the hits. *One fracture from vibration on the way to the offroad sections, and one fracture while on the trail. *Both at critical spots of the bars.
Right side shows the new hairline fracture with rust coming out. *These are only 2 years old.

Left side where we had it welded in Missouri.*
Old 04-21-2012, 03:46 AM   #68
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

MFW Vario Mastergrip Highway pegs

MFW Vario Mastergrip Highway pegs.
One fell off on the way out to Utah. *The pivot pin failed. *Not to mention once sand gets into the hinge, even after cleaning and oiling, they are gritty.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:46 AM   #69
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

Giant Loop tank loop bag

Giant Loop tank loop bag. *Kept all of Michaels gear dry, and stayed put. *Great for carrying extra items that you don't want to have to keep getting into the panniers for like chain lube, gorilla tape, etc..

Old 04-21-2012, 03:47 AM   #70
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

Eagle Mikes KLR-650 Fork Brace.

Eagle Mikes KLR-650 Fork Brace.
Michael said that there was a very noticeable diffence in the handling especially offroad.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:49 AM   #71
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

KLR -650 TKC-80 tires.

KLR -650 TKC-80 tires.
I have used these on my bike, and like them, but they don't last long. *I purchased a brand new set of these for Michael's KLR specifically for this trip, and they did not fare well at all. *We were very strict about checking tire pressures for on and off road riding. * The front tires cupped really bad. It burnt every other lug down to nothing. * Here are some photos with a new set side by side.

The rear tires faired better but wore down flat to block the tire.*

Old 04-21-2012, 03:50 AM   #72
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

Heidenau K60's

Heidenau K60's
These also preformed flawlessly. With minimal wear on the front and a slight flattening on the rear, almost certainly from the weight, *I had no issues on dry pavement, snow, rain, dirt, or sand. *We didn't hit any mud, but the lugs on these tires seem equivalent to the TKC-80's. They handled on the readjust like my Tourances'.*

Front tire

I just rode my bike the other day without any of the gear, so it was about 100 pounds lighter. * This was my first opportunity to ride on these tires without the weight. They perform on dry pavement like my Tourance tires did. They grip really well in the corners. My TKC-80's would wash out a little letting you know when you were about dump it. The k-60's seemed to just stick better. *I will be sticking with the K-60's.*
Old 04-21-2012, 03:54 AM   #73
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

Held Airstream Gloves from Revzilla

Held Airstream Gloves from Revzilla
These really do a good job of keeping your hands cool with all of the ventilation. *Very comfortable and form fitting.*

Old 04-21-2012, 03:54 AM   #74
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

BMW Prowinter 2 Gortex gloves.

BMW Prowinter 2 Gortex gloves.
Without heated grips, no glove is really ever going to maintain the heat in your hands. *With heated grips, these gloves perform. *They also do an excellent job on keeping your hands dry.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #75
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER OP
Getting There!

Shuberth C3 modular helmet

Shuberth C3 modular helmet. *I have had this for a year now, and it is by far the quietest helmet I have owned. *It is very comfortable. *I have the Bluetooth SRC system in it. *With only occasional connectivity issues, it was worth every penny. *I just keep the hard wire plugged in while riding. *This way if it has Bluetooth issues, its already connected to transition. *The bluetooth connection provides louder audio from the GPs than than the hardwire does for some reason. You would think the hardwire would be louder. *Michael asked me why I always listen to music or to talk radio while riding. *I told him later as I thought about *it. *It is because when I'm working or running my business, I am always switched on. *Always racking my brain and thinking, analyzing, contemplating. When I ride, I don't want to think about anything. *I just want to ride and enjoy it. *And actively listening to something gives me that solace. * That peace.*