Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2014, 06:16 AM   #91
DanVFR
Continent Crusher

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER View Post
This trip was just as much about a trial run bugout with everything we would need to survive, walk home or to anywhere for that matter as much as an adventure ride. So essentially we had two sets of kit. The normal adventure ride kit, and "the bikes are done we're walking now kit". Including an AR-15, sidearms, a basic military load, survival equipment, and cold weather gear as well as regular non adventure riding boots.
We wanted to determine what the bikes were capable of carrying as well as how they handled fully loaded down. The KLR had a few issues with ride height, but the R1200GSA did not disappoint. It was still easy to maneuver and articulate with the lower gearing and ESA settings. And we all know momentum on an adventure bike is your friend. The only time I had any issues is when momentum stopped due to a deep rut or deep sand. We didn't run into any mud, so I can't attest to the performance of the K60's in mud or the ability of the tires to self extricate from any mud, but all in all, the GSA which had the majority of the weight, performed flawlessly.
We intended on camping a little more than 50% of the trip, but due to time constraints and the weather near Denver putting us behind and having to ride longer days, we just said screw it and got hotels for the hot showers we so looked forward to at the end of the day.

We always like to push the boundaries and train harder than necessary. So when it comes time to go live or have to fight through something, it isn't as hard as you have already experienced. Just another tool in our war chest.
I found that by riding the ruff stuff heavy, it makes me a better and more confident rider when I am light and moving faster.
I can appreciate that man, i understand where your coming from and at least you know how to survive a zombie apocalypse

ride safe the both of you, all the best!!
DanVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:56 PM   #92
AirforceGSRider244
Hardcore adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Cobdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanVFR View Post
I can appreciate that man, i understand where your coming from and at least you know how to survive a zombie apocalypse

ride safe the both of you, all the best!!
Thanks! were planning on doing the COBDR On Sep 8th. which is a monday. looking for some people to maybe join us in our adventure. we be glad to have ya along for the ride. We are both gearing up for the ride and ordering parts as they come in. I am now on base at denver co. I’m looking forward to this adventure more then anything in the world.

AirforceGSRider244 screwed with this post 03-18-2014 at 07:19 AM
AirforceGSRider244 is offline   Reply With Quote