Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #46
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
we carry a towel especially for after fill ups to wipe our hands. We use the KLIM Powerxross gloves but wish they had more protection for the knuckles.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #47
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFleece View Post
The glove thing is the biggest issue for me. PLEASE-make a glove with lining that allows the hand to go into and out of the glove several times a day. As in riding five hundred miles in the rain and having to stop for gas.
Once you wear the Extrafit goretex gloves you won't go back to the liner type. It's a non issue in extrafit.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #48
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 765
The towel only works for me to a degree. The real problem is stopping for fuel when it's really nasty. No amount of wiping gets the hand dry.

I'll look into the X-tra product. As I'm out often in heavy rain testing my seat covers I have the entire kit down pat except the wet hand thing!

I do use the KLIM gloves for snowmachining. They work very well.
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #49
crossfire3006
crossfire3006

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
Make some big boy sizes... You market some great stuff but it's all too small... I need at least 4XL stuff...
"Make some big boy sizes"......Are you referring to the "Big Boyz" in your Avatar?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #50
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
we carry a towel especially for after fill ups to wipe our hands. We use the KLIM Powerxross gloves but wish they had more protection for the knuckles.
I'm not talking about wet hands. I'm talking about after you've dried them they're still a little moist. It's like trying to slide Velcro™.

Quote:
The towel only works for me to a degree. The real problem is stopping for fuel when it's really nasty. No amount of wiping gets the hand dry.
This.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #51
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,134
You guys need to quit screwing around with the old school goretex liner type gloves and get the xtrafit version. They are 100% rigamarole free. Stick your wet hand in, the glove isn't going to care. Consider refueling without taking your gloves off as well. I can't remember the last time I took my gloves off to get gas
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #52
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Consider refueling without taking your gloves off as well. I can't remember the last time I took my gloves off to get gas

I rarely take my gloves off once I get them on.

I don't need a pair of US$250.00 rain gloves. I'm only going to be wearing them when it rains and in the hot, humid Southeast, I don't want and am not going to wear all Gore-Tex™ all the time.

The Klim PowerXross gloves really do fit the bill. They pack small, completely waterproof, and less than half the price of the XtraFit stuff. I just wish the liner didn't bunch.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #53
KLIM OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
I love the passion here. Gloves are one of the most complicated products to produce. And it all comes down to the crazy ability of hands. There is a surprising amount of surface area on each hand. Fingers look small but if you laid out the skin's surface area, you'd have quite the spread. Also, a tremendous amount of nerves live in the hands. And there is a large portion of the brain dedicated to paying attention to those nerves. In cold weather, they're left out on their own by the bodies circulatory system as blood vessels and capillaries consrtict. Yet, you need them more than anything to do the simplest tasks. Building a product to please here is a great challenge.

While I can't comment directly on what is in the works I can promise I'll direct your insight personally to the product developer in charge of gloves. We are familiar with Xtrafit (possible misspelling there) tech from our partners at Gore and we love any potential in delivering maximum tactility to the motorcycle market while maintaining the durability we're known for. Xtrafit still incorporates the same liner as in most GORE-TEX gloves, its main difference is in additional traction built in to limit the sliding of layers and provide a more direct connection between hand and whatever you're gripping.

Both the KLIM Element Long and Element Short glove are highly refined GORE-TEX gloves. While they don't carry the Xtrafit tech specifically, we have some KLIM tricks in them that makes them perform extremely well. Grab a pair at the dealership and do some throttle twisting on the showroom bikes. Feel free to make motorcycle noises when doing so.

Thanks again for the feedback/questions on GORE-TEX and everything else.

Quote:
You guys need to quit screwing around with the old school goretex liner type gloves and get the xtrafit version. They are 100% rigamarole free. Stick your wet hand in, the glove isn't going to care. Consider refueling without taking your gloves off as well. I can't remember the last time I took my gloves off to get gas
KLIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #54
JTT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
I can't remember the last time I took my gloves off to get gas
I struggle to get credit card or cash out with my gloves on, so usually resort to removing..which in turn leads to the liner issue when it's wet. Usually resort to unlined elkskin gloves and lobster over glove, but still hate the layers.
JTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #55
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLIM View Post
Good one, Blinker. This isn't easy to do without technically miffing the warranty but I believe there is a way. Even heat transfer decals can be put on improperly and mess things up. I'll inquire and get back to you.
I'm curious about this as well. Thank you.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #56
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,223
Have not had mine long, but two things come to mind:

1- On the pants you should have used a hook button on top and a regular button on the bottom instead of two regular buttons on the front crotch flap (for lack of a better term). This helps keep things closed when zipping up the zipper, bending over, crashing etc... The top button tends to pop open.

2- The way the knee armor attaches to the pants needs some work. The current method leaves the knee pads loose and wobbly. It is also difficult to keep them in a set position. They need more than just Velcro.

Yellow Pig screwed with this post 04-05-2012 at 10:00 PM
Yellow Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #57
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 765
Agreed. I often need the get out the CC to pay for gas and/or visit the loo. Gloves gotta come off-not every time but it's a pain when they do.

I'll keep reading and learning.................
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #58
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,334
Looking forward to the Gore-Tex Q&A video. . .

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #59
Big Bad Ron
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Badlands

Mr Klim

Thanks for being to clear on care and cleaning.
I am sending you a PM about a Jacket.

Ron
Big Bad Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #60
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Agreed. I often need the get out the CC to pay for gas and/or visit the loo. Gloves gotta come off-not every time but it's a pain when they do.

I'll keep reading and learning.................
What about extra grippy pads on thumb and forefinger; don't have to be thick just grippy and the size of a dime.

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote