User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2012, 04:27 AM   #1
biggus OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 375
Pivot Pegz!

Well I ended up buying a set of Pivot Pegz from KTM Twins last October. Installed them and they seem to be better than stock. Mostly since they lowered the peg height.

I was wishing they would be a bit longer so I ordered up CJ's Long Extensions for the Pivot Pegz. Had every thing sent to a friend of mine that was coming to Thailand and he hand carried the parts for me.

Well I was getting a bit bored so I figured I would start with something easy so I grabbed the extensions and walked outside, I already bought new drill bits.

Well I was really disappointed. Not in Craig's fine craftsmenship but the fact that the Peg was wider than the Extension!

Well got on the internet and started checking on KTM Twins. I verified the part number of the box I have with my invoice and the one on their web site. The description says they are 51mm wide, the exact width of CJ's peg extensions.

Well after looking around some more on the internet I found they make a wider Peg than the 51mm and this is the ones I have. MK 3 instead of the MK 2.
biggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,139
That's a bummer. Yes the mk3 were introduced recently and have a wider platform.
I run the mk2 with the extensions from CJ. Maybe ktmtwins can exchange them but not many people have mk2 in stock. CJ might?!

Or you'll have to have it machined in TH.
Looks like a pretty area you live in, never been near that lake.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,206
Mate, I had the same problem. Had standard pegs and bought the CJ extensions for them. Later I bought pivotpegz thinking that they would just fit on, the CJ designs web page is not exactly clear there is it! It seemed to me that it said that the KTM standard pegs were the same size as pivotpegz.

oh, yes you have to get mark 2 pivot pegz, not mark 3. CJ don't make extn's for the Mark 3s yet. (I don't get this whole long (front to back) footpeg thing. What they all need to be is wider (out to the side) not longer). Wider just makes it harder to rotate your boot in and out to the gear lever under/over, because there is more friction on your boot sole.

Anyway, I just sold my CJ extn's on the Australia ADV fleamarket page and ordered a new pair that will fit the pegz. Had to go and drill another set of pegz, but I'm getting good at it now. I preferred the vice and hand drill to the bench press drill. The pivotpegz are not as hard a metal as the KTM ones.

edit: just read my post. YOU NEED TO KNOW. I have not made it clear. The Mark2 pivotpegz are NOT the same size as the KTM standard Pegs. CJ designs make different sized extensions for the the KTM peg and another for the pivot pegz. Look identical, measure identical, but they DONT FIT.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,951
Hi Guys,

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. I guess that's the problem offering more than one option. I try my best to explain stuff on the site, but as I'm the one that makes the stuff and does the site, sometimes I miss things and just figure they are known. I'm trying to explain more and get the most common asked questions about products on the site. Sorry if it's so wordy, but it should help clear things up.

Please, if anything does not make sense, let me know so I can update it asap. Give this a look and it should make more sense.

KTM pegs are thinner front to back than the Pivot MK2 pegs.
KTM extensions are one version.

Pivot MK2 are another version. - they are wider than the OEM pegs.

Pivot MK3 is even wider front to back than the MK2 and I do not plan to make any extensions for those as the pegs would be way to wide and cause issues shifting IMO too.
Most shops only have MK3 in stock if not stated. It's the newest part, so that's why.

If you order Pivots through the KTM hard parts catalog of your local dealer you will get the MK3, these will NOT work with my extensions.

I have MK2 is stock to go along with these extension so you can get a complete kit and I have them packaged very well to do so. I try my best to stock parts that complement each other so that it's easier for you when you need them and don't have to go several places to find it.

If you get them from another shop, make sure they are the MK2. If they don't say, ASK them, so that you don't have the headache of mismatched parts.

Safe travels and see you on the trails.
cj
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Namecheck
Like a Sir!

Oddometer: 114
What's the benefit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus View Post
Well I ended up buying a set of Pivot Pegz from KTM Twins last October. Installed them and they seem to be better than stock. Mostly since they lowered the peg height.

I was wishing they would be a bit longer so I ordered up CJ's Long Extensions for the Pivot Pegz. Had every thing sent to a friend of mine that was coming to Thailand and he hand carried the parts for me.

Well I was getting a bit bored so I figured I would start with something easy so I grabbed the extensions and walked outside, I already bought new drill bits.

Well I was really disappointed. Not in Craig's fine craftsmenship but the fact that the Peg was wider than the Extension!

Well got on the internet and started checking on KTM Twins. I verified the part number of the box I have with my invoice and the one on their web site. The description says they are 51mm wide, the exact width of CJ's peg extensions.

Well after looking around some more on the internet I found they make a wider Peg than the 51mm and this is the ones I have. MK 3 instead of the MK 2.
Hey, what is the benefit of these pegs over stock? Beside not fitting do you like them?
Namecheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 AM   #6
lopealong
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
ive got the cjracer extensions on standard pegs,having a large foot ,one advantage is that your boot feels more secure on the peg when standing and also because they are a little longer you get more leverage when weighing down on the peg in turns.thumbs up from me.
lopealong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #7
MudratinOz
Adventurer in training

Oddometer: 892
I have the Pivot Pegz Mk3, but which wish that they where longer (came out further from the bike), anyone know if an extension is they are available to fit the Mk3's ?
The orange does grow on you. You will not notice it at first..but it starts with a few innocent KTM stickers,.progresses to a KTM key ring, to KTM coffee mug and next thing you know, you have gone completely mad and start wearing orange tee shirts.It is a very bad infection..is this yeast infection (Bronx)
MudratinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:37 AM   #8
jamacca
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Pivot Pegz v Wide Pegs

So would you go Pivot Pegz or would you go wide pegs(ie greater distance from your bike) ?

Those Fastway KTM Adventure Style Billet Footpegs lookn might fine.
jamacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #9
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,951
If you have MK3 Pivot pegs (60mm wide), we now have MK3 extensions in stock in Long or standard length.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
Christophe
weekend warrior

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamacca View Post
So would you go Pivot Pegz or would you go wide pegs(ie greater distance from your bike) ?

Those Fastway KTM Adventure Style Billet Footpegs lookn might fine.
The pivot pegz are better if you ride standing, IMHO, because your feet stay flat on the peg as you let the bike move over rough terrain or as you lean forward to accelerate or backwards to slow down. I have them on both 690R and 990SMT, they are great with MX boots or touring boots, and they reduce the wear on the soles, and they simplify braking or shifting.