Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #166
bigbadandugly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailah View Post
Deposit paid, I'm hopefully in. Although it appears I'm second on the wait list. Hopefully that bottle of single malt I sent can smooth things over
I'm just ahead of you on the wait list, sitting in the on deck circle. Send a bottle of single malt my way and I'll swap spots with you. Trust me - you sleep much better for the next 17 months knowing you're the first call Jerry makes ;)
Dyno testing of a PC-V + Full Akropovic system on an R1200GS

bigbadandugly screwed with this post 12-24-2012 at 04:37 PM
bigbadandugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #167
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadandugly View Post
I'm just ahead of you on the wait list, sitting in the on deck circle. Send a bottle of single malt my way and I'll swap spots with you. Trust me - you sleep much better for the next 17 months knowing you're the first call Jerry makes ;)
He already called me....said youre screwed. Merry christmas...

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #168
B1KSOLO
1 down 4 up right?

Oddometer: 285
What are your guys ideas on logistic for bike transport ?
Anchorage to Seattle is 2300 miles, do most riders intend to ride back after the event?
I have a enclosed box truck that could hold 8 bikes with gear and I'm possibly thinking I could transport the bikes to Seattle from Colorado then ferry the truck to Anchorage and drive it back to the main land after the event this could be a chance for some to Rock Star this event by flying into Seattle and then home from Anchorage

Dave Smoljan
B1KSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #169
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,369
If everything falls in place, I'm gonna take a couple of weeks to ride back like I did the other two times.

No time for sightseeing on the rally. Every day you've got to hustle to make the TSD sections on time.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #170
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,069
If anyone on the East coast, VA, MD, Carolinas etc wants to team up for a truck trip to Seattle, I'm game. I'm in Pittsburgh. I have a 4 door Tundra and 6x10 trailer. And scintillating conversation

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #171
Pantah OP
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1KSOLO View Post
What are your guys ideas on logistic for bike transport ?
Anchorage to Seattle is 2300 miles, do most riders intend to ride back after the event?
I have a enclosed box truck that could hold 8 bikes with gear and I'm possibly thinking I could transport the bikes to Seattle from Colorado then ferry the truck to Anchorage and drive it back to the main land after the event this could be a chance for some to Rock Star this event by flying into Seattle and then home from Anchorage

Dave Smoljan
I rode back to Seattle the last two times. Depart at dawn, overnight in Whitehorse, Fort Nelson, 100 Mile House, and half day into Kirkland. Lots didn't ride, though. The trailers and trucks were packed.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #172
thencamebronson
Takin' a trip?

Oddometer: 725
On the list!

I'm in. Along with Officer Leroy and Superleggera we will be a father and sons team. Glad that I have time to make a bike choice. I'm thinking KTM 690 so I don't have to listen to OL tell me how much better his bike is than mine. It looks like F650GS's seem to be a popular choice in the past, and they have a blue and white circle on them, so that is a plus.
thencamebronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #173
Pantah OP
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by thencamebronson View Post
I'm in. Along with Officer Leroy and Superleggera we will be a father and sons team. Glad that I have time to make a bike choice. I'm thinking KTM 690 so I don't have to listen to OL tell me how much better his bike is than mine. It looks like F650GS's seem to be a popular choice in the past, and they have a blue and white circle on them, so that is a plus.
Jeepers, a whole herd of you. //// OL gave me some gas over my Yamaha, so maybe I take my 690 if I can get it there and back reasonably.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #174
Stinky151
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 283
Geez, looks like I have the lone KLR in the group. I would have thought there would be one or two more. I am really racking my brain to think if there is any more I might need to do to it to really have it ready and capable. There is not much left to modify at this point....

I know I know, there is a lot of lipstick on that particular pig.

"If you're in control, you're not going fast enough." -- Parnelli Jones
Stinky151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #175
Stinky151
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I wish my boys could go, but they are not quite old enough yet. They will be with me in spirit though....we had this done up just for the rally

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356647813.701531.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  65.8 KB

Old 12-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #176
officerleroy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
I'm thinking KTM 690 so I don't have to listen to OL tell me how much better his bike is than mine.
Bad choice old man, you take away any excuse you might have if we're on the same bike
officerleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #177
Tork
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky151 View Post
Geez, looks like I have the lone KLR in the group. I would have thought there would be one or two more. I am really racking my brain to think if there is any more I might need to do to it to really have it ready and capable. There is not much left to modify at this point....

I know I know, there is a lot of lipstick on that particular pig.
IIRC

KLR Won its class in 2006 After riding to Seattle and then riding home to the Midwest .
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #178
thencamebronson
Takin' a trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Jeepers, a whole herd of you. //// OL gave me some gas over my Yamaha, so maybe I take my 690 if I can get it there and back reasonably.
OL is good at that. I suppose it is genetic.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #179
thencamebronson
Takin' a trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by officerleroy View Post
Bad choice old man, you take away any excuse you might have if we're on the same bike
Well played. Punk.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #180
Stinky151
Gnarly Adventurer

Well, as it looks now I am riding there and then back to Montana. The ferry is just too much money at the moment.

Between the engine work and the new clutch (installed today) I don't think it is really fair to compare mine to a regular KLR either. Now as long as I don't get killed figuring the Rekluse out, I should be good. It nearly did the job in the stall at work today.

My new goal for the rally, beyond just finishing, is to finish without doing anything terribly stupid. Time will tell, today was not a good sign though.