Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #1231
Jinx
Call me Renzo

Oddometer: 10,838
Things were going so well...

...and then he Mutt-parked it

Seriously, glad that all the important rider bits seem to be intact, that none of seven oil filters (or however many Austrians currently think are required to make crankshafts spin circles) were damaged, and most importantly, no orange parts were exposed underneath the veneer of paint and decals scrapped off by the South American "grava". Well, especially the last part. Orange motorcycle parts, what the hell were these people thinking? I mean really, does the entire planet have to collapse in fits of nausea before they finally realize that ...Sorry, it's my problem, I will deal with it privately.

But it has been a treat to peek over the man's shoulder, and to read about the wonderful family that surrounds him. Everyone bins it sooner or later, what matters is the getting back up part. It appears we are all very lucky that Pyndon has managed that well enough. I will continue my silent cheering and sending my best thoughts your way to the finish. But it is not too soon to say "well done", and "thanks for the ride" no matter what the final tally is.

PS - Expert Mutt-parking is the result of years of practice, and is best done at walking speeds...or even a shade slower if a beverage is involved. And it really is the sport of little people, and should be avoided by the freakishly tall who, likely as not, come crashing to earth with the grace of a felled radio tower. So no more of the ass-over-tit routine, eh? Bloody amateurs

PPS - Tossed some Tylenol and Ice Pack money in the kitty. Good luck, mate

"You remind me of the monkey with the jerk-off button, starving to death at the switch." - Chopperman

"I didn't know how many assholes it was going to take to piss me off, but I knew how many they were going to use" - collaboratori
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #1232
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast

Oddometer: 2,191
Boring video, but I caught this still-shot from it:

Death Valley Ride
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #1233
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast

Oddometer: 2,191
Lydon at :50
(and I think is followed by Johnny Campbell)

Death Valley Ride
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #1234
joneswgareth
Welsh Rarebit

Oddometer: 189
Sorry to hear about the off Lyndon - hoping you heal quickly.

It is always good to be self critical but don't be too hard on yourself. Chin up lad and keep doing what you have been doing. We are with you every step of the way
Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #1235
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
It's a relief to hear the story of the off on RallyRAIDio and good to hear that, although both Pyn and the bike are a bit banged up, he is still in the game

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #1236
drgunther
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Listened to the call in on my way to work this morning. Glad to hear that you (Lyndon) are OK and that the bike can be patched up. Also humbling to hear a guy blame himself and not some random this-or-that with the bike (like the rest of us are known to have done ;). "I'm the rider, I'm the pilot, I'm the guy at the controls." Pure truth!

Keep it rollin' and we'll be at the other side listening in to your next call! GO! =)
drgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #1237
hilslamer
2XRedheadedstepchild

Oddometer: 1,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
Everyone bins it sooner or later, what matters is the getting back up part.
+1, in every sense of the phrase. Pyndon is at the top of his game and if this is the worst that happens, it will probably be some sort of record. Besides, there has to be some drama for a good story, right?
hilslamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #1238
DeeGee
I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer: 1,852
Again can only mirror what the guys have already said before me. Time to show some real Yorkshire grit Pyn, Really glad to hear it's not more serious, now don't be doin' owt daft! And please bring her home, I've run out of fookin finger nails
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #1239
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
60mph highside will make your day interesting.

Good to hear he's okay, and the bike fixable. Don't think Pyndad is gonna get much sleep tonight, though.

4 more stages, Lyndon.
Jeepers....

I was worried when he started showing up late. Hope the foot doesn't act up.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:23 AM   #1240
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,323
So tough to even be charging it ten weeks after a broken foot. Not many riders could do that. Keep your head up and the rubber side down, we'll see you at the finish.

Fiambala today? Wow, going to be a good one.

Still Riff Raff....

Riff Raff lives again! Rally Pan Am Dakar 2015
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 AM   #1241
husqvarna
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Close call?

Thank goodness Pyn and Johnny Campbell survived their crashes to continue. It's just hang in there now. Good luck!!
husqvarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #1242
dave54
mindless thoughts

Oddometer: 56
keep her heading at two points of your starboard bow and get your wind back.Now just cruise on in.Port coming up on your horizon in a few days.Battle scars and wounded bikes happen to us all.Make good stories though.Keep safe and if you can, get into the zone and enjoy the aches and pains because they are a part of what you are doing.
Best Wishe Dave
dave54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #1243
Toldlady
Pyn's Mum

Oddometer: 19
Apparently there are people out there asking the question "what does pyndad do while Pyn is out racing",
Answer being, Its non stop!!!! Once they leave in the morning they pack up the bivouac and drive to the next place, this could be 6 to 8 hours, then they set up the bivouac again, then work on the bikes when they arrive at end of day. Average nights sleep for them is 4.5hours!!!! Think a holiday may be on the cards when he gets back!!!!! :
Toldlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #1244
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toldlady View Post
Apparently there are people out there asking the question "what does pyndad do while Pyn is out racing",
Answer being, Its non stop!!!! Once they leave in the morning they pack up the bivouac and drive to the next place, this could be 6 to 8 hours, then they set up the bivouac again, then work on the bikes when they arrive at end of day. Average nights sleep for them is 4.5hours!!!! Think a holiday may be on the cards when he gets back!!!!! :
Sounds like he deserves it!
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #1245
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toldlady View Post
Average nights sleep for them is 4.5hours!!!! Think a holiday may be on the cards when he gets back!!!!! :

And even less sleep when Pyn wads it up like yesterday- that's hours of painstaking work to get the nav tower sorted, wiring dressed just so, etc.

Old Stuff =

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote