Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #1291
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post

WTF?!

Is that Guy Martin sitting in the chair on the left?!

I bet he got tired of sucking rabbits out of hedges on the Isle of Man so now he's sucking scorpions out of sand dunes in Chile.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #1292
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119 View Post
WTF?!

I bet he got tired of sucking rabbits out of hedges on the Isle of Man so now he's sucking scorpions out of sand dunes in Chile.
No it's his Irish cousin Stan Watts.
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #1293
scrambled eggs
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
Agree it's trying to catch him up. I've just had a tweet from @Chase_the_race boys saying he was struggling with his foot a little today. Said he'd lost his wet/cold weather gear and needed coffee!

I can only say please keep it steady again Pyn.

Llewelyn pavey checking out pyndons bike , they will be racing each other in nxt years dakar ;-)
scrambled eggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #1294
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,378
I'm sure it is. He's there to translate what Lyndon says to the press.

Quote:
WTF?!

Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #1295
Annamarie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Two more days to go Lyndon and I/We all believe in you and know you can get to that finish line. Crossing that line is what matters now and I know that's what will be getting you through any discomfort you have as tough as it is. That Poskitt stamina will get you through and I'm sending you my share too to help you on your way.

I never thought the last two days could be so intense for us supporters, after all we've been here before but not with the Dakar. As someone said earlier I don't think there will be a dry eye in the house come saturday tea time and so I can only imagine how you and dad will feel.

Stay focused and stay safe we're all right behind you.

XX
Annamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #1296
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
I'm sure it is. He's there to translate what Lyndon says to the press.
I had the TT DVD playing today and they were interviewing Guy. I yelled at my wife to listen to him speak and she said "What in the hell? He's speaking in cursive."

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #1297
Annamarie
Adventurer

Quote:
WTF?!

Old 01-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #1298
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,378

Quote:
I had the TT DVD playing today and they were interviewing Guy. I yelled at my wife to listen to him speak and she said "What in the hell? He's speaking in cursive."
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #1299
Annamarie
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgunther View Post
He did - gotta love Advrider! =)
Now it's just a question of getting hold of the code itself. Anything you might know something about?
I don't but I can speak to Dani and find out for you
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #1300
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,307
Quote:

Keep 'er pinned, Pyn!!
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #1301
drgunther
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annamarie View Post
I don't but I can speak to Dani and find out for you
Great! Thanks a bunch!
drgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #1302
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,266
He broke a fork lower? Damn.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #1303
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Lyndon's Stage 12 call

It was clear from the timing sheets that something dramatic had happened to Lyndon in the first sector of today's stage, but no one in cyberspace could have imagined how close his rally came to being over. Lesser men would not have been able to repair the damage and bring it home (on pace, no less, once he got going again). We didn't have an interview planned, but I was able to catch Lyndon on his call in and have a chat -- glad I did! Go "Inside the Helmet" as Lyndon talks about what was going through his mind both out on the piste, and at the end of the stage. Brilliant stuff.

Direct download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidio/13D16.mp3

---------------------------

Public Radio fundraising notice: (Thanks to those who have already chipped in! We're about 3/4 to our goal.)

Last year, through the generosity of the listeners, we were able to cover the cost of Neduro's phone bill for the communication costs to RallyRAIDio and ADVRider throughout the Dakar. If you've enjoyed Lyndon's call ins and interviews on this edition, consider chipping in a few $$, , or toward the cause. Many hands make light work, and based on our experience with Ned last year, the tab will run handily into 4-digit territory (sans decimals). It would be wonderful if we could take this burden off of Lyndon's shoulders.

For those so inclined,

RallyRAIDio @ g mail . com (no spaces) is the RallyRAIDio email addy to which paypal can be sent.

Thanks for your support.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #1304
Annamarie
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule View Post
It was clear from the timing sheets that something dramatic had happened to Lyndon in the first sector of today's stage, but no one in cyberspace could have imagined how close his rally came to being over. Lesser men would not have been able to repair the damage and bring it home (on pace, no less, once he got going again). We didn't have an interview planned, but I was able to catch Lyndon on his call in and have a chat -- glad I did! Go "Inside the Helmet" as Lyndon talks about what was going through his mind both out on the piste, and at the end of the stage. Brilliant stuff.

Public Radio fundraising notice: (Thanks to those who have already chipped in! We're about 3/4 to our goal.)

Last year, through the generosity of the listeners, we were able to cover the cost of Neduro's phone bill for the communication costs to RallyRAIDio and ADVRider throughout the Dakar. If you've enjoyed Lyndon's call ins and interviews on this edition, consider chipping in a few $$, , or toward the cause. Many hands make light work, and based on our experience with Ned last year, the tab will run handily into 4-digit territory (sans decimals). It would be wonderful if we could take this burden off of Lyndon's shoulders.

For those so inclined,

RallyRAIDio @ g mail . com (no spaces) is the RallyRAIDio email addy to which paypal can be sent.

Thanks for your support.
Thank you so much Nate and Lyndon :-)
Old 01-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #1305
drgunther
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule View Post

For those so inclined,

Thanks for your support.
Like I mentioned in the f5irehose - I'm soooo impressed! Wish I could learn about all these bike wrenching skills that seem to live inside Lyndons head! =)
drgunther is offline   Reply With Quote