ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #31
akarob OP
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,365
Next weekend, I can hardly wait. I should be able to bring the dirtbike, but it's taking longer than I thought to do some seemingly minor maintenance things. If not, I'll bring the 990.

The clam chowder is still on for Friday night. Prepare yourselves for an incredible meal.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #32
AlanCT
The Byronic Man

Oddometer: 3,320
I doubt I can blow off enough obligations to camp this time, but I will try to come by and say hi.
IBA #23064
AlanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #33
jgormley
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 703
I was able to collect some basic camping gear...

Is there a spot avail for Sat night?
jgormley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #34
akarob OP
Green Cantern

Sure. There will be room. I have an extra cot if you want to borrow it. With the amount of people coming, you don't need much. There will be plenty of supplies.

I will have a propne tank, burner and large skillet if anyone want to cook on it. I'll also put up a shelter in case we get a shower or whatever. It'll keep the bird poop off if nothing else. I bring extra chairs too.

I'm going to shoot 10 or 11 am on Friday to make a trip for wood, of anyone wants to assist is appreciate it. I'm sure ther will be a Friday afternoon ride too.

If anyone just wants to just stop by to say hi, your best bet is late afternoon. Feel free to simply hang out and relax, its quite peaceful.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #35
John_A
Curry Powered

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post

I'm going to shoot 10 or 11 am on Friday to make a trip for wood, of anyone wants to assist is appreciate it. I'm sure ther will be a Friday afternoon ride too.
I be able to assist in the wood acquisition phase.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #36
akarob OP
Green Cantern

Awesome. It'll basically involve going to the saw mill and just loading up. Then we'll stack it in camp somewhere. Probably an hour's worth of work, but I think it's better than stomping through the forest and swinging an axe. That's a lot of work.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:08 AM   #37
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
So, how many people are going?

I'd be interested. If I come, I'd likely be trucking the DRz there, and could throw some nice dry wood for a campfire, I have a HUGE pile at my house.

Besides beer, what else is needed!?
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #38
akarob OP
Green Cantern

Awesome, I'm not sure exactly how many are coming. I'm expecting 6 or 8 people on Friday and maybe a few more on Saturday night. Bring a sensible amount of food for yourself. These days, I tend to underpack, otherwise I'm bringing a lot of food home. People often have some snacks they share, so those mini-meals add up. It's not like we're far from town, so in a pinch, you can simply go buy something.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #39
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,182
So I grew up driving like a madman up the 395 corridor in CA trying to beat all the motorhomes to good camping spots in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. These repeated 6 hour death rides have left me as a perpetual worrywart when it comes to camping and getting camping spots... seriously it keeps me up at night I swear I don’t worry about much else.. but this is my Achilles heal... so by my count...

Akarob
Popeye
Forty2RI
Callmebuzz
lilolita
cheesebot
tmlee
mrt10x
capt redbeard
advNY (sat night?)
Drewha
JohnA
JGormley
Chrisrielinger

That is 14 currently signed up... just wondering if we shouldn’t try and get two spots if they are available? I will certainly foot the bill for the second spot. The weather is not forecasted to be great... so that may change things up a bit.. just throwing it out there for consideration.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #40
akarob OP
Green Cantern

Yes, that's my plan. I'll be there before 9am Friday morning and try to claim 2 adjacent spots.

How are you after that spill? ok? Just a bruised ego?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #41
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,723
I'm in for the Saturday ride. Friday night is up in the air at this point. On the small bike ride I might try to ride ahead and get some full frontal footage at strategic spots as everyone drives by.

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #42
akarob OP
Green Cantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel View Post
I'm in for the Saturday ride. Friday night is up in the air at this point. On the small bike ride I might try to ride ahead and get some full frontal footage at strategic spots as everyone drives by.
Does anyone have a cow bell that we can ring as they go by? like in the Olympics?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #43
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
Id really like to come up friday night, and leave to be able to get home Sat before dark.

If so, who else plans to be there, and does CallMeBuzz need a ride, or should we consider riding together in on Friday afternoon/evening?
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #44
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
Yes, that's my plan. I'll be there before 9am Friday morning and try to claim 2 adjacent spots.

How are you after that spill? ok? Just a bruised ego?
I have no ego when it comes to riding dirt bikes... I know I will crash again.. it is a given
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #45
lilolita
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanCT View Post
I doubt I can blow off enough obligations to camp this time, but I will try to come by and say hi.
Dude, ya gotta come down on the Ural. I know me and the cheese would love to see it.
New England to New Scotland

lilolita is offline   Reply With Quote