Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #62
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,968
That's the same place near Pisco as this year. It was chaotic.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #63
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
That's the same place near Pisco as this year. It was chaotic.
yes ,most are in the same places us before iff the dakar was there .

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
Old 08-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #64
Tragic Overlander
Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Another interested spectator

Hey Trailtrick,

This looks exactly like the type of "Dakar Experience" I am looking for as well. Please keep us posted with whatever info you have. I would need to ship my 990R within the next 6 weeks.

Cheers,

Tragic Overlander
Tragic Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #65
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragic Overlander View Post
Hey Trailtrick,

This looks exactly like the type of "Dakar Experience" I am looking for as well. Please keep us posted with whatever info you have. I would need to ship my 990R within the next 6 weeks.

Cheers,

Tragic Overlander
the other option for shipping we thinking is :
ship to chile and ride from santiago to lima and that way airfare are to and from santiago.
Im taking reservation for the tour now, have 5 spots allready reserve with deposits and a lot o interest so we think it be fill by the middle o next month ,that way we can finalize the logistics .

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
Old 08-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #66
Tragic Overlander
Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Dakar tour 2013

Hi Trailtrick,

PM sent.

Thanks,

TO
Tragic Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #67
trailtrick
goat trail rider

THIS PRETTY MUCH SUMS WATH iM DOING FOR THE 2013 RACE ,IS A PM THE I ANSWE TO A INMATE HERE

The tour cost is around $3800 for the whole race incluid food ,chase vehicule carryng you stuff,full tool box. 8 o the 15 dinners be a extra cost because be in restaurants ,but the cost be really low ,maybe $20 per dinner max
the extra 10 days in the high country cost be the total cost o the diesel and food divide by the guys the stay and do it
we working in seing the bivouac the rest day in tucuman o the 1st day the rally stays in chile ,not sure yath because we maybe skid the race from day 5th to day 8th and stay in the high country with 2 days in antofagasta de la sierra,argentina and do a loop tru paso socompa and paso sico( the best part o the andes there )
the cost for go in on the bivouac is extra and is around $500, will no for sure soon i have al the arrenges made middle o september
for shipping we working with a inmate here and we not 100% sure iff we will ship to peru o chile.At this point chile is a better option and also easy for airfare tickets
us o today i have 3 americans and 1 spanish guy going.
I speak english,spanish and portuguese
deposit has to be made by sept 25th
iff we only are 8 riders we will stay in 5 bivouacs and the price o the tour be around $4500 + bivouac fee's .that is the only issue but we will save the extra cost on the 8 dinner because we will dinner in the bivouacs and stay with a uruguayan/french team.
other than that pretty easy, we will ride in very remote areas ,carry 1 sat phone with me and 1 in the chase truck.
50% o more be dirt
we recomende take a extra set o tires
6 tubes 3 rears 3 fronts
oil filter so we can do a oil change in the middle o the ride (most like it on the rest/laundry day)
and a water pump kit iff you ride a lc8 ktm
I will have a full clutch,brake pads and many parts for the lc8 bikes for sale iff needed

Thanks Javier

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
Old 08-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #68
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Another option!

Hi Inmates,

I'm an American expat with 27 years living and riding in Peru, organizing national MX, Enduro and MotoRally. I have years of connections with the FPM (Federacion Peruana de Motociclismo) and am buds with theowners of the Peruvian KTM frachise, both of which are on the inside of this whole thing, especially this year with it starting in Peru.

So I have thrown together a 21-day ride where you start and end in Cuzco, ride the backroads of the Andes, get up-close on the scrutineering in Lima, then chase the event down the coast! You get to see Cuzco, hike the Inca Trail, and Machu Picchu... I have great hotels and hostels all lined up just a few miles from each of the bivoacs. I have almost new motos at my disposal.

I am fluent in Spanish and passable in Quechua. We ride with a support vehicle so you can ride light and go anywhere to get the best viewing of the Dakar.

Check out my website for all the details. http://www.aroundtheblockmotoadventures.com/

I have room for 4 more riders and 2 non-riders in the support 4x4. It is much cheaper than you think. MUCH cheaper than trying to import your own bike!

Trailtrick, it would be great to meet up with your group. Let's keep in touch.

DG and Deadly99, hope I didn't overstep the line by PMing you!

Cheers! Toby (charapa)

A few fotos to whet your appetite:

..and the last one: finishing and ending at Norton Rat's Tavern in Cuzco... the world-famous RTW moto traveler's Bar and Grill for great burgers and Pisco Sours!

http://www.aroundtheblockmotoadventures.com/
charapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #69
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Copied here too

Just spoke with the owner of Hotel Antigua de Miraflores in Lima....

http://www.antiguamiraflores.com/index.php

and he told me to tell y'all that he wants to give 40% OFF normal rates at his hotel to anyone who is coming to Lima for Dakar 2013!

This is a fantastic quaint hotel in the best area of Lima (Miraflores), near the beaches and all the good restaurants. It is a very safe and beautiful area within walking distance of everything. Check out the website and the area of Miraflores!

Let's make it a Dakar bivuoac of our own!

My whole "Follow the Dakar 2013" moto tour group will be there!

Cheers, Toby

http://www.aroundtheblockmotoadventures.com/

Old 04-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #70
sam_wilson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
I'd LOVE to hear you try and speak "english"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick View Post
THIS PRETTY MUCH SUMS WATH iM DOING FOR THE 2013 RACE ,IS A PM THE I ANSWE TO A INMATE HERE

The tour cost is around $3800 for the whole race incluid food ,chase vehicule carryng you stuff,full tool box. 8 o the 15 dinners be a extra cost because be in restaurants ,but the cost be really low ,maybe $20 per dinner max
the extra 10 days in the high country cost be the total cost o the diesel and food divide by the guys the stay and do it
we working in seing the bivouac the rest day in tucuman o the 1st day the rally stays in chile ,not sure yath because we maybe skid the race from day 5th to day 8th and stay in the high country with 2 days in antofagasta de la sierra,argentina and do a loop tru paso socompa and paso sico( the best part o the andes there )
the cost for go in on the bivouac is extra and is around $500, will no for sure soon i have al the arrenges made middle o september
for shipping we working with a inmate here and we not 100% sure iff we will ship to peru o chile.At this point chile is a better option and also easy for airfare tickets
us o today i have 3 americans and 1 spanish guy going.
"""I speak english""",spanish and portuguese
deposit has to be made by sept 25th
iff we only are 8 riders we will stay in 5 bivouacs and the price o the tour be around $4500 + bivouac fee's .that is the only issue but we will save the extra cost on the 8 dinner because we will dinner in the bivouacs and stay with a uruguayan/french team.
other than that pretty easy, we will ride in very remote areas ,carry 1 sat phone with me and 1 in the chase truck.
50% o more be dirt
we recomende take a extra set o tires
6 tubes 3 rears 3 fronts
oil filter so we can do a oil change in the middle o the ride (most like it on the rest/laundry day)
and a water pump kit iff you ride a lc8 ktm
I will have a full clutch,brake pads and many parts for the lc8 bikes for sale iff needed

Thanks Javier
sam_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #71
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_wilson View Post
I'd LOVE to hear you try and speak "english"
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #72
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
Okay Niel.... instead of sarcasm, how about you help and inmate out and chart the expected moto route in Bolivia!

They just came out with the day to day:

Jan 12 - Salta to Uyuni (border crossing at Villazon)
Jan 13 - Uyuni to Calama (border crossing at Ollague)

Said they were going to cross these provinces in Bolivia:

"los municipios de Villazón, Tupiza, Atocha y Uyuni, que recibirán la competencia el 12 de enero. Un día después la prueba pasará por San Pablo de Ipes, Colchaca, Tawa, Ika, San Pedro de Quemes y San Agustín. "

Cheers! Toby

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet