Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #31
Dan-M
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 777
Wolfman makes very nice stuff and it is US made.

I use the meduim waterproof duffle. They make tail packs too.

http://wolfmanluggage.com/

Here's a review.
http://www.ridermagazine.com/motorcycle-gear-reviews/wolfman-expedition-dry-duffel-bag.htm/
Old 05-24-2013, 01:58 AM   #32
tsperez
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
I just got the BMW Sports 2 Bag (small) and really like it. So far it has replaced my tank bag. High quality and fits good. Has a total of 5 pockets. Just did a review of both Sport 2 bags in the blog listed below.

tsp
My Blog: http://www.airheadmoto.com
tsperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #33
toshers
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Great review. I've been following this thread and have now made up my mind. Soft bags are the way forward for me.
toshers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #34
Musashi50
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Thanks for all of te great reviews!

Am watching this thread closely. Currently have a ZTechnik 4-liter Storage Pod attached where the passenger seat normally goes. Secure attachment with 4 straps that line up nicely with slots in the GSA's framework. Only thing is, it is a bit small. (Duh, only 4-liters, right?). Thus I am looking for a quality tail bag that will carry me over until I can afford proper side cases. Thanks all for an excellent forum!

~Bruce~

Musashi50 screwed with this post 07-10-2013 at 08:03 AM
Musashi50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #35
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,547
I've got the small one and I LOVE IT
AviatorTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #36
Wdwrkr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,718
Anyone know if it will fit as a carry on for a fly and ride?? Going to pick up a bike will have a four day trip home...
Old 07-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #37
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdwrkr View Post
Anyone know if it will fit as a carry on for a fly and ride?? Going to pick up a bike will have a four day trip home...
It's a perfect carry on size so long as it's not stuffed too much.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:49 AM   #38
Telemarktumalo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
BMW Softbag II

I've been using one of these for 3 riding seasons. I give it 8.5/10. The mounting system is simple and secure. The first time you put the bag on, spend a few extra minutes sorting out where you want the straps to go. Once this is sorted, mounting and removing the bag takes seconds. The bag fits very securely on any of the BMW style tail racks. It is large enough to hold a full face helmet. The main compartment is water proof. and expandable. Side pockets work well for glasses. I use the top pocket for maps, wallet, cell phone, etc. This thing is relatively tough too. I carried my front brake rotors off of my Toyota Tundra to the garage for service. Solid!

My only knock on this is security. My primary use for this bag is when I'm traveling and I haven't determined a way to lock it to the bike or lock the zipper compartments. But that is the nature of most tank bags and tail bags.

This is the second bike I've had it on. It mounted beautifully on an 800 ST as well. I think it is well designed, executed well and a relatively good buy.
Telemarktumalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #39
theneverman
yablewit

Oddometer: 57
Just to add something to Telemarktumalo's comments, I'm sharing some pictures of it mounted to my GSW if anyone's curious. It just arrived today so I cannot speak to anything but the apparent initial quality of the bag. I really like the grippy rubber bathtub bottom, really helps with securing the bag to the seat. It comes with 3 sets of 4 straps in small, medium and large. I used the medium straps to initially attach them to my Jesse mounts but may change it up, either way it'll be nice to clip it on and off as needed.

Pictures:

theneverman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #40
BMWS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
I have had the small BMW bag for 2 seasons.
My biggest complaint is the inner liner has to be cinched to make it waterproof.
As far as I'm concerned, that is a PIA.
Both my BMW tail and tank bags are that way.
I have gotten caught a couple of times at work, coming out to both bags holding water because of a quick rain.
I know it is my fault for not doing the cinch and snap dance.
I'm trying to train myself, but it's still a PIA!

Plus the rubberized coatting on the front of the tail bag is already deteriorating,
and nothing is there to rub it off.

Other than that, I like the bag.
2004 Softail Deluxe (wife's, sold)
BMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #41
bakumackem
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I bought the Large Softbag 2 as part of my prep for this years IoM TT. I bought it in place of the Vario topbox (which was my original option for storage) for two reasons:
1. mobility - 4 clips undone, and you've got an overshoulder bag
2. flying - I was going to leave my bike (free of charge btw) at Heathrow airport when I returned to Baku for work, leaving it for a period of 3 weeks so wanted to have the option of taking this on as hand luggage, which the vario wouldn't stand a chance of. In the end I put it in as hold luggage (bought more stuff than I'd planned for on the IoM :) ), and it was absolutely fine after the journey

The trip to Douglas via Liverpool ferry port was God awful, high winds and rain, and the bag didn't let any water in at all (unlike my bloody rainsuit!).

Overall - top rated product in my book.
bakumackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:01 PM   #42
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by theneverman View Post
Just to add something to Telemarktumalo's comments, I'm sharing some pictures of it mounted to my GSW if anyone's curious. It just arrived today so I cannot speak to anything but the apparent initial quality of the bag. I really like the grippy rubber bathtub bottom, really helps with securing the bag to the seat. It comes with 3 sets of 4 straps in small, medium and large. I used the medium straps to initially attach them to my Jesse mounts but may change it up, either way it'll be nice to clip it on and off as needed.

Pictures:

You can also mount it inline with the drivetrain if you take the rear seat off. That's how I mounted mine snd it gave easy access yo my panniers.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #43
AlwaysRolling
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by theneverman View Post

Pictures:

Did you post the pictures?
AlwaysRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #44
theneverman
yablewit

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
You can also mount it inline with the drivetrain if you take the rear seat off. That's how I mounted mine snd it gave easy access yo my panniers.
Good advice Hikertrash, I've seen that done on a K1600 and it looked like a nice way to go. Also I later discovered the straps on the bottom of the bag which allow you to slide and secure it over the tail of the bike which holds it further back allowing me to possibly fit my tent, sleeping bag and other stuff between this bag and my back for our 4 day trip to the backside of Yosemite next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWprude View Post
Did you post the pictures?
Yes I did.
theneverman is online now   Reply With Quote