Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2014, 07:40 AM   #16
kelds
mostly right-side-up

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by torinreality View Post
Hi, all. Forum searches aren't giving me what I'm looking for:

I'd like to move the rear brake controls to the left hand position. I have a Rekluse clutch, and was thinking to merely raise the stock clutch lever out of the way. I've read about the Clake system, but I think I'd rather have two separate controls.

Who's performed this operation? Are you glad you did? Can you tell me what suppliers you used for parts? Maybe a few photos?

Thanks!
I'm currently trying to work out the same thing for my bike, except I want RHRB. The information out there is pretty spotty.
I was thinking of using a Brembo radial 13mm clutch master for a brake on the left in addition to my stock clutch lever. The SE front brake master master is apparently also 13mm, so it should have good feel as a front brake. I'm guessing it would also work fine for a rear...it's also available in other piston diameters, which may or may not work better as a rear brake.
The radial version needs a remote reservoir which I'm ok with because I didn't want to have the reservoir in the way of setting up the lever position for good feel. I think they also have a cheaper non-radial version with a built in reservoir.
I also read somewhere that people have used mountain bike hydraulic brakes as clutch masters as they take up a lot less space (Hayes Stroker was mentioned). I didn't find anything on piston size for the 990 clutch master, so I haven't been able to work out whether or not I want to explore this further.
I'm installing my Rekluse this weekend and will be working through the controls switch over the next month or two. I'm curious where you ended up with your install?
kelds is offline   Reply With Quote