Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #136
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,401
Laugh

Great questions.... see my response in Orange...

The factory Temperature sensor is not linear.... you cant just add a static resistor to get the needed temperature offset across a broad range of say 32 deg f to 120 deg F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrell View Post
Two questions...
  1. Why not just go ahead and switch it automatically based on the outside air temp instead of using a manual switch? Seems like that would be very simple and convenient. The more complicated the circuit the higher the price. Would you be willing to spend $300 to not flip a switch?
  2. Taking the above question a step further, would it make sense to make a controller that constantly varied the differential temperature adjustment based on the outside air temp versus having just two static manual settings? The Power Controller is two different dynamic setting -not static. Thats why there is a external probe.
  3. How do we go about ordering these? Send me a PM or paypay to Wukaking (at) gmail.com 85 plus 5 for shipping!

Thanks,

Steve

HighTechCoonass screwed with this post 11-11-2011 at 05:29 PM
Old 11-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #137
sjarrell
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechCoonass View Post
Great questions.... see my response in Orange...

The factory Temperature sensor is not linear.... you cant just add a static resistor to get the needed temperature offset across a broad range of say 32 deg f to 120 deg F.
Actually that was three questions and not two wasn't it??? You can tell I won't be participating in the "engineering debates" on this product as I can't even count to three!!! :)

Paypal will be on its way shortly.

Thanks!

Steve
Old 11-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #138
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Laugh

Shipped today Steve! Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrell View Post
Actually that was three questions and not two wasn't it??? You can tell I won't be participating in the "engineering debates" on this product as I can't even count to three!!! :)

Paypal will be on its way shortly.

Thanks!

Steve
Old 11-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #139
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,206
Easy installation and significant benefits! I'm a super happy customer. Good job!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #140
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Laugh

Thanks mate!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyanarchisto View Post
Easy installation and significant benefits! I'm a super happy customer. Good job!

HighTechCoonass screwed with this post 12-27-2011 at 08:18 AM
Old 11-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #141
wncstrada
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Payment on the way. Looking forward to a much smoother F800GS!
Old 11-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #142
AngryRed
Lost in Cyber Space

Oddometer: 365
I tell ya if I almost get bucked off my bike offroad one more time I'm going to lose it (likely literally). I'm in for one, might as well give it a try. PP coming at ya HTCA.

2013 Super Tenere
Old 11-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #143
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Laugh

you will like the results! Shipped your PC this morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryRed View Post
I tell ya if I almost get bucked off my bike offroad one more time I'm going to lose it (likely literally). I'm in for one, might as well give it a try. PP coming at ya HTCA.

HighTechCoonass screwed with this post 12-27-2011 at 08:19 AM
Old 11-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #144
wncstrada
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
It Works!

I bought my 800gs back in June, a 2009 model with just 1000 miles on the bike. When I was riding on the street, the bike ran about as well as the last few fuel injected bikes I'd owned. When I got to slow first and second gear trails the bike became hard to ride. The throttle seemed to be a lightswitch in first gear. If I hit a bump in the road, the movement of my hand would bring on a lurch that would upset the bike. It was very difficult to ride smoothly in first gear on rough terrain.

I've taken two rides since I installed the Power Controller and I'm very happy with the results. The on and off throttle transition is much smoother now. I'm much happier with the bike and feel that the Power Commander was money well spent. Thank you HTCA!
Old 11-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #145
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Talking update...

Thanks!! The next shipments will go out mid week... I have a few pre-made waiting on one of the BMW style plugs. when I do ship I will send an email...
Old 11-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #146
AngryRed
Lost in Cyber Space

Oddometer: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechCoonass View Post
you will like the results! Shipped your PC this morning!
Got it and popped it in this weekend. I wasn't able to ride much until today and I'm very pleased. The bike runs smoother throughout all RPMs and is super smooth on the highway now. I don't know if it was my bike specifically but when I was in 6th gear going 70-80mph there was a small but noticeable lurch every 6-10 seconds. Nothing violent but very annoying as it was noticeable. That's gone now and rolling on and off the throttle is much nicer now as well.

The last right turn into my office is a brick driveway that is usually wet and slippery. I have to slow way down and once I enter the turn I usually roll on the throttle and get jerked quite a bit. This morning my body was in defensive posture leaning forward and I rolled on the throttle and no jerk.

Thanks HTCA, well done!

2013 Super Tenere
Old 11-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #147
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Laugh another happy customer!

I knew you would like it!! parts are in!! Next orders got out tomorrow night!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryRed View Post
Got it and popped it in this weekend. I wasn't able to ride much until today and I'm very pleased. The bike runs smoother throughout all RPMs and is super smooth on the highway now. I don't know if it was my bike specifically but when I was in 6th gear going 70-80mph there was a small but noticeable lurch every 6-10 seconds. Nothing violent but very annoying as it was noticeable. That's gone now and rolling on and off the throttle is much nicer now as well.

The last right turn into my office is a brick driveway that is usually wet and slippery. I have to slow way down and once I enter the turn I usually roll on the throttle and get jerked quite a bit. This morning my body was in defensive posture leaning forward and I rolled on the throttle and no jerk.

Thanks HTCA, well done!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:08 AM   #148
fletman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Finally arrived in the abode of peace which is a miracle in its self!
Super easy install, and does all as advertised. It's 98 degrees here every day unless it's 100. It has changed the bike completely, thanks for all your efforts in getting it here.
If anyone's sitting on the fence, jump off and PayPal today, well worth the "reddies"
Old 11-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #149
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Laugh

New orders get a Mini Trail decal and a WukaKing Decal!!

Old 12-01-2011, 07:47 AM   #150
danman
tumbling tumbleweed

Oddometer: 166
Got my power controller last week. Super easy install, takes longer to remove the plastic than to install the device. Sixty mile on road test ride last weekend, 65 degrees outside, switch on blue side. Noticeable results over stock, much smoother and stronger acceleration. Bike felt more 'normal' meaning you can get used to the snattchiness of the 800 throttle and forget how it ought to be. Feels and runs great.

Just to be sure I wasn't imagining the results, did a bike swap with a buddy of mine. He also has an 09 f800. We went on a 15 mile test ride, surface streets and freeway, swapped bikes half way. Fifty-two degrees outside temp. Told my buddy I did something to my bike but wasn't specific, wanted his impressions. His stock bike was rougher, just like I remembered, and after the ride he said he could tell that something was different, that my bike was smoother and a little quicker on acceleration. He has one on order.

Can't wait to try it out on the 1200GS.

Well done product.
Closed Thread