User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #166
wncstrada
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
+1. My 2009 ran well on the street. Things changed on rough forest service roads and trails. In first and second gear, the throttle was like a lightswitch, and if the bike's motion moved my wrist (even a small amount) I got a big change in throttle and engine speed. HTCA's power controller has been a big improvement!
Old 12-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #167
Spinalcracker
former redriderofma

Oddometer: 1,089
Greetings

I just sent a paypal to you but forgot to enter any info

It will be for a 2010 800GS

Thanks

Mike
Vermont Covered Bridges
Old 12-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #168
3Rrr
Read Ride Reflect recycle

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by wncstrada View Post
+1. My 2009 ran well on the street. Things changed on rough forest service roads and trails. In first and second gear, the throttle was like a lightswitch, and if the bike's motion moved my wrist (even a small amount) I got a big change in throttle and engine speed. HTCA's power controller has been a big improvement!
Finally got to try out the HTCA unit. Went on a slick icy, muddy road today. If ever the snatchy throttle would be a problem that was it. Worked like a charm. 1st and 2nd gear. The improvement is substantial!
Old 12-12-2011, 05:38 AM   #169
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,457
Laugh

Mike, I put it in the mail box last night! USPS priority!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRiderofMA View Post
Greetings

I just sent a paypal to you but forgot to enter any info

It will be for a 2010 800GS

Thanks

Mike
Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #170
paringa44
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I am just wondering about the timing of the installs. Many people seem to be reporting improvements however the ambient temperatures have come down considerably as we moved into the Fall and now Winter. My bike is most twichy on hot days and the twichyness settles down as temps come down. Anyone care to comment?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #171
3Rrr
Read Ride Reflect recycle

Oddometer: 180
Thumb HTCA gets the OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paringa44 View Post
I am just wondering about the timing of the installs. Many people seem to be reporting improvements however the ambient temperatures have come down considerably as we moved into the Fall and now Winter. My bike is most twichy on hot days and the twichyness settles down as temps come down. Anyone care to comment?
Prior to the install I had not seen a noteable difference in twitchiness between temps. Rode in the 90's and had issues. Rode in 60's and seemed similar. My ride yesterday was in the high 40's with the HTCA mod. It was noticeably smoother. I had considered selling the 800GS after riding with guys on the 1200GSA in Moab. They were riding with greater ease in the technical stuff - primarily due to the off/on throttle of my 800.

I''ll post when I get a chance to ride in higher temps. This is the least expensive performance mod you can get for the 800. HTCA accepts returns if your not satisfied. Give it a go, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #172
Travism
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Order arrived today - that's what i call fast service! I'll post a report when I get it installed and take a ride

thanks again

travis
Old 12-13-2011, 06:21 AM   #173
wncstrada
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
I bought my bike in June of this year. I didn't see any noticable change in "twitchyness" from then till early November (when I ordered the Power Controller). I think that the Power Controller is a good, cost effective way to calm down the bike's throttle. My bike, a very early 2009 model, still takes good wrist control on a rough trail, but is much improved over stock. I ordered my Power Controller in November because I was concerned that HTCA might sell out by Christmas!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #174
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,613
I got my bike in 9/08, it was a pre order, so we were riding 6 mos before they were readily available to others in the US. Some times I believe there was a method to BMW's madness.

I rode most of the break in miles in my "park" (dirt). The front suspension and the twitchy throttle were readily apparent. 2 months later, I rode in Death valley. The bike was practically unridable on some of the roads, like Lipponcott or Jail Canyon.

The front suspension gave harsh feed back that caused involuntary throtttle imput and the gearing was too tall to pull 2nd gear to offset it.

Some time during the first year, I got a service upgrade to the software that seemed to improve throttle response. The dealer did not know what it was supposed to do.

I searched for the cause and the answer. If you can find a dyno report that includes the AFR, the cause is apparent. The bike is exceedingly lean from idle to about 2,200rpm. 17 to 1 lean at the extreme end.

It does not effect most riders unless they are plonking along at less than 2,200rpm trying to navigate a rocky trail.

Lower gearing, g-2 throttle tube or enriching the fuel mixture all are partial cures. Don't ride like that? you really do not need one.

I have the Accel Module. Combined with a G-2 tube it works very well and fuel mileage has not suffered. I have had it for over a year.

Where I live, I ride in temps ranging from low 30's to 100 degree weather and routinely in altitudes up to 9,600ft.

Mine works better in colder weather. In hot weather the throttle it not as crisp, but not to the point of being boggy. Easier to control off road, I would prefer a crisper throttle on pavement. Ditto for altitude changes. So I leave it connected year round.

itsatdm screwed with this post 12-13-2011 at 09:17 AM
Old 12-13-2011, 09:22 AM   #175
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by wncstrada View Post
I bought my bike in June of this year. I didn't see any noticable change in "twitchyness" from then till early November (when I ordered the Power Controller). I think that the Power Controller is a good, cost effective way to calm down the bike's throttle. My bike, a very early 2009 model, still takes good wrist control on a rough trail, but is much improved over stock. I ordered my Power Controller in November because I was concerned that HTCA might sell out by Christmas!
If you go to a 15/41 vs. stock 16/42 COMBINED with the HTC Power Controller... you will find it fixed. I ride in Nor. Nev. Temps range from 30's to 100+. I find that with the HTC.PC installed I have no snatchyness and can plod along in 1st or even 2nd gear at very slow speeds/low rpm's with no twitchy or problems. It is a great fix and make is ride the way I feel it should.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #176
Spinalcracker
former redriderofma

Oddometer: 1,089
I got it today !! Thanks

I'm going to install it tomorrow!
Vermont Covered Bridges
Old 12-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #177
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Laugh

good to hear the shipments made it!!!

I have 10 in stock for the last minute Christmas shoppers!!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #178
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Laugh

Thanks Gangplank!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
If you go to a 15/41 vs. stock 16/42 COMBINED with the HTC Power Controller... you will find it fixed. I ride in Nor. Nev. Temps range from 30's to 100+. I find that with the HTC.PC installed I have no snatchyness and can plod along in 1st or even 2nd gear at very slow speeds/low rpm's with no twitchy or problems. It is a great fix and make is ride the way I feel it should.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #179
holoholojohn
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I want one too!

I'm in for one of your F800GS power controllers. Do you have a stock now?
Old 12-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #180
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Laugh

EDIT for new source of Power Controller and Juice:

The Power Controller and Juice are available for purchase at: wukaking.com

More information about the continuing development and sale of the Power Controller and Juice can be followed here.

HighTechCoonass screwed with this post 05-25-2014 at 10:09 AM
Closed Thread