HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,436
shipping out orders tonight!!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:40 AM   #198
nytrashman
old and in the way

Oddometer: 576
power controller installation was super easy. no time to take the bike for a ride but it does seem to idle a bit smoother. will try to get out for a ride in the next day or two.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #199
Spinalcracker
former redriderofma

Oddometer: 1,079
YAAA HOOOO

I finally got to install this and what a difference !!!

Very even , smooth acceleration with slow twisting of the throttle. It still has it's quickness if you twist the throttle faster.

Heat wave here tomorrow, 50˚ , so I'll get out for a longer ride.

It is simple to install and works as advertised.
Vermont Covered Bridges
Old 12-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #200
Spinalcracker
former redriderofma

YAAA HOOOO

I finally got to install this and what a difference !!!

Very even , smooth acceleration with slow twisting of the throttle. It still has it's quickness if you twist the throttle faster.

Heat wave here tomorrow, 50˚ , so I'll get out for a longer ride.

It is simple to install and works as advertised.
Vermont Covered Bridges
Old 12-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #201
Spinalcracker
former redriderofma

I do have a question about the switch.

It's not a problem now but in the warmer weather as I start out on a ride it maybe below 85, or even riding in the hill towns the temp may change from higher elevation to lower elevation, so the temp can vary from below 85 to over 85 rapidly, do I have to stop and flick the switch every time the temp goes up and down over 85 ?

Thanks again for a very cool product.
Vermont Covered Bridges
Old 12-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #202
nytrashman
old and in the way

after installing my PC the other day i was finally able to get out for a short ride of about an hour. the short story, i absolutely love it !!! ok, i admit i was skeptical at first but that all changed during this short ride. the bike is so much smoother and the overall ride-ability has improved so much that wish i had gotten one sooner. to anyone on the fence about buying one, do not hesitate, this is one of the best things you can do to your bike. sometimes we buy stuff for our bikes and the product does not live up to all the hype, well this is definitely not the case here as this product has exceeded my expectations, not only in easy of installation but in performance as well. thank you HTCA for providing a quality product at a very reasonable price.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #203
nytrashman
old and in the way

after installing my PC the other day i was finally able to get out for a short ride of about an hour. the short story, i absolutely love it !!! ok, i admit i was skeptical at first but that all changed during this short ride. the bike is so much smoother and the overall ride-ability has improved so much that wish i had gotten one sooner. to anyone on the fence about buying one, do not hesitate, this is one of the best things you can do to your bike. sometimes we buy stuff for our bikes and the product does not live up to all the hype, well this is definitely not the case here as this product has exceeded my expectations, not only in easy of installation but in performance as well. thank you HTCA for providing a quality product at a very reasonable price.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:54 PM   #204
JohnnieBoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Hi everyone.

First question - What year f8 are the majority of these pc's installed on? Is it pretty much across the board? The reason I ask is... I have a 2011, and although I do notice some issue in snatchy throttle response, it doesn't seem that bad to me. I have read that the '08/'09 models really suffered with that symptom and that the problem was somewhat resolved on the 2010/2011 models? Could this be the case?

Second - I installed a Leo Vince slip on and was hoping my ecu would remap after 50 to 100 miles to accept the change. I still experience some popping on deceleration. I realize this is due to running a little lean. Will this unit help or with or totally alleviate that issue as well?

Thanks.

Edit: Copy and paste in thread on parallel universe
2003 XR650R
San Diego. CA

JohnnieBoy screwed with this post 12-31-2011 at 08:25 PM
Old 12-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #205
JohnnieBoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Hi everyone.

First question - What year f8 are the majority of these pc's installed on? Is it pretty much across the board? The reason I ask is... I have a 2011, and although I do notice some issue in snatchy throttle response, it doesn't seem that bad to me. I have read that the '08/'09 models really suffered with that symptom and that the problem was somewhat resolved on the 2010/2011 models? Could this be the case?

Second - I installed a Leo Vince slip on and was hoping my ecu would remap after 50 to 100 miles to accept the change. I still experience some popping on deceleration. I realize this is due to running a little lean. Will this unit help or with or totally alleviate that issue as well?

Thanks.
2003 XR650R
San Diego. CA
Old 12-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #206
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

I have been selling for all years models and I have a Leo Vince carbon pipe... works good ...almost no pop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieBoy View Post
Hi everyone.

Thanks.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #207
gpracer171
Kodak Courage

Oddometer: 360
Overall Performance Loss?

All,

OK, I think I need this part. However, I generally see live as a "nothing is free" situation. So, we tame the throttle snatch, at what cost? Do I get a slower response. Not that I need wheelies, but as an example, would it make doing a wheelie harder as it is slowing the power response?

What is the downside on this mod. I ride a lot of off-road that is pretty tough. Though a snatchy throttle does make tis tough at times, if I loose the ability to pull the front wheel up when needed to get over a log or whatever, I have another problem.

Thank you all of in advance for any input.

2010 BWM F800GS
2007 Yamaha WR450

If you are not moving forward, you are falling behind...

"Harley Davidson - There is not more efficient method of converting fossil fuel to heat and noise without the by-product of power", Unknown
Old 01-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #208
gpracer171
Kodak Courage

Oddometer: 360
Switch?

Also, maybe I have missed it somewhere here in the thread, but what is the switch for? I know it changes the Temp reading, but why would i need to change it. Do I set it once for my riding style and leave it or am I changing it for ambient temp, riding conditions, altitude, or what? Can someone please explain the real life use of this switch?

2010 BWM F800GS
2007 Yamaha WR450

If you are not moving forward, you are falling behind...

"Harley Davidson - There is not more efficient method of converting fossil fuel to heat and noise without the by-product of power", Unknown
Old 01-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #209
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Laugh

I don't like making and sales claims that the Power Controller will stop all lean popping, give the bike more HP etc.... Some one will say "it popped"... or "I find it has less HP" after the mod...etc....

As allways.... Try one - if you don't like the performance send it back!
It is an easy install....
keep the decal and the tyrap sticky back etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieBoy View Post
Hi everyone.

Thanks.

Edit: Copy and paste in thread on parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpracer171 View Post
All,

OK, I think I need this part. However, I generally see live as a "nothing is free" situation. So, we tame the throttle snatch, at what cost? Do I get a slower response. Not that I need wheelies, but as an example, would it make doing a wheelie harder as it is slowing the power response?

What is the downside on this mod. I ride a lot of off-road that is pretty tough. Though a snatchy throttle does make tis tough at times, if I loose the ability to pull the front wheel up when needed to get over a log or whatever, I have another problem.

Thank you all of in advance for any input.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #210
HighTechCoonass OP
Living the Dream....

Good question to go over again.....

Blue position- this setting it tells the ECU that the air tempature is 36 deg cooler than it is. The ECU enriches the fuel (on increase throttle movement and decrease throttle movement only)

Red position- this setting it tells the ECU that the air tempature is 18 deg cooler than it is. The ECU enriches the fuel (on throttle movement only)
Less enrichment is needed when air temperature is above 85 deg F.

Steady state throttle- the O2 sensor controls enrichment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpracer171 View Post
Also, maybe I have missed it somewhere here in the thread, but what is the switch for? I know it changes the Temp reading, but why would i need to change it. Do I set it once for my riding style and leave it or am I changing it for ambient temp, riding conditions, altitude, or what? Can someone please explain the real life use of this switch?

HighTechCoonass screwed with this post 01-01-2012 at 08:58 AM
Closed Thread