User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 02:27 AM   #301
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,194
Mike;
Thanks for answering all my questions.......but I sent you a pm with a couple more questions.

Cheers
Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #302
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,971
Mike,

I'm looking for a waterproof replacement for my MotoFizz medium, and your products caught my eye. As you can see in the photos below, the MotoFizz is strapped to a rack in place of the pillion, right in front of the topcase. Space is pretty limited as too wide would interfere with my panniers and too long would impinge on my saddle. The US-20 would fit well if mounted sideways, and I'm thinking two of them strapped together would give me as much space as the MotoFizz while still not impinging on the rider's seat or the panniers like the US-30 might.

In all your combos I don't see where two identical bags can be strapped together. Would that work?

Pete
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com

Boondox screwed with this post 11-25-2012 at 07:20 AM
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #303
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
Mike,

I'm looking for a waterproof replacement for my MotoFizz medium, and your products caught my eye. As you can see in the photos below, the MotoFizz is strapped to a rack in place of the pillion, right in front of the topcase. Space is pretty limited as too wide would interfere with my panniers and too long would impinge on my saddle. The US-20 would fit well if mounted sideways, and I'm thinking two of them strapped together would give me as much space as the MotoFizz while still not impinging on the rider's seat or the panniers like the US-30 might.

In all your combos I don't see where two identical bags can be strapped together. Would that work?

Pete
I'm sure you'll hear from Mike, but I use a US-30 strapped sideways on my XC all the time. With my Pelican box, there's about the same real estate as you have. The 30 gives the option of then strapping a 20, 10 or 5 to it for even more space.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:19 AM   #304
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,194
Mike;
I just placed a very large luggage order!
Thank you so much for taking the time on your holiday weekend to answer the questions I had.
But I think it might have been easier just to tell you what I did NOT want to order.

Cheers
Old 11-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #305
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 959
Quote:
Mike,

Pete
Hi Boondox,

Like Levain said, the US-30 strapped across the seat, looks like it'll be the ideal size. The US-20 will easily fit too - certainly across the seat, and probably in-line with it too.

Regardless, whichever 'base bag' you opt for, it is absolutely possible to stack two of the same model on top of each other. The only reason we don't feature it as a specific combo on the website, is that not many people go that route, generally preferring different sized bags. That said, if there ever was an ideal spot to stack 2 x US-20 or even 2 x US-30, it right there on your bike.

Diggin' the sidecar for your faithful friend too!

Hope that helps, but let me know if you need any more details or would like to discuss the options further.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #306
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
Mike;
Thanks for answering all my questions.......but I sent you a pm with a couple more questions.

Cheers
No worries, mate. Glad I was able to answer all your queries over the phone yesterday afternoon.

Thanks for your order. It's being picked and packed right and, along with your special offer free accessories, should be on its way to you this afternoon.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 11-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #307
Durwood
AKA Chinga D

Oddometer: 83
Great Service

Just got my Overlander 60 set up with Roto Pax mount. Very nice, and it was a pleasure to do business with Michael. Great guy, great service. Thanks!
Durwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #308
byways
byways

Oddometer: 2,155
There shall be pix, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durwood View Post
Just got my Overlander 60 set up with Roto Pax mount. Very nice, and it was a pleasure to do business with Michael. Great guy, great service. Thanks!
Looking forward to the photos!

byways screwed with this post 11-26-2012 at 06:16 PM Reason: fix headline
byways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #309
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,971
Thanks, Mike. Just ordered a US30 and US10 for our next adventure! Looking forward to clothes that stay dry.

Barley says hello.
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #310
byways
byways

Oddometer: 2,155
Great choice, I promise ...
byways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #311
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,636
There is rain and single track in the weekend forcast... stay tuned...
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #312
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durwood View Post
Lovely stuff! When you're happy with your gear, I'm happy!

BritKit LLC
Old 11-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #313
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Thanks, Mike. Just ordered a US30 and US10 for our next adventure! Looking forward to clothes that stay dry.

Barley says hello.
Thanks for choosing Kriega, Boondox! Your order is being picked and packed right now and should be out the door and on its way to you this afternoon. Gimme a shout if you need any tips on the installation.

I see you opted for the free US-5 too. Looking forward to seeing how Barley likes the new set-up. No more soggy kibble for that lad!

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #314
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by byways View Post
Looking forward to the photos!
+1

BritKit LLC
Old 11-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #315
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
Mike;
I just placed a very large luggage order!
Thank you so much for taking the time on your holiday weekend to answer the questions I had.
But I think it might have been easier just to tell you what I did NOT want to order.

Cheers
Haha! You are more than welcome, mate. I like talking about bikes on the holidays any way!

Thanks for choosing Kriega!

Michael

BritKit LLC