Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #631
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
Well just had a huge box of Kriega bits show up.

Loads of gear to go through. On initial glance I'm very impressed with the quality of stiching and materials utilized, first class stuff.

Sadly off to England for two weeks tomorrow so no real time to take a proper look at everything. Can't wait until my return.

That's the proper American way.

Is that a small or large bum-bag there?
I look forward to hearing how the luggage system performs compared to GL.
Balkan Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #632
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo. View Post
I just picked up a few more Kriega bits today and while going through my new R15 and putting the bladder in, I noticed there isn't anything to secure the hose with on the front of the pack. Am I missing something, or do I need to do up something like the photo below? The bag's going to get a workout on the dirtbike and I'm not a fan of being whipped all day by hydration line.

Hi Steveo,

The Hydrapak should have come with a Velcro Tube Locator included / attached. The female Velcro is wrapped around the tube, with the male tab stuck to it. You then wrap the male part around the harness webbing (right-hand side is usually the best bet because it's easier to reach across your body to grab the tube than it is to pull it directly up, all without taking your hand of the throttle of course! ) and slap the tube on it to keep it in place.

Let me know if you don't have the Velcro and I'll mail it out to you STAT.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #633
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
That's the proper American way.

Is that a small or large bum-bag there?
I look forward to hearing how the luggage system performs compared to GL.
Indeed it is!

And that's the R8 (eight liters with included, removable tool roll) you can see there, but Team FTB also picked up an R3 as well, so you'll probably get opinions on both.

This is a different deal to GL. Some might prefer their gear over our (horses for courses and all that), so - while much of it covers the same applications - it's more about whether or not it does the job the rider wants it to. I reckon it will.

Stay tuned!

BritKit LLC
Old 03-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #634
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
That's a good start!!!

Wait until you become a real addict!

BritKit LLC
Old 03-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #635
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo. View Post

My "touring" setup usually consists of a couple days worth of clothing and my credit card, so I don't imagine I'll need much more. Right now I've got enough gear for the street and the R15, US5 and tool roll are going to be on dirt bike duty. This weekend should be a good test.
Pics or it didn't happen!

BritKit LLC
Old 03-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #636
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
Well just had a huge box of Kriega bits show up.

Loads of gear to go through. On initial glance I'm very impressed with the quality of stiching and materials utilized, first class stuff.

Sadly off to England for two weeks tomorrow so no real time to take a proper look at everything. Can't wait until my return.
Yyyyuuuup! Even though I sell the gear, that photo still makes me feel Christmas just came early. Nothing like a big box of bike gear being delivered!

Thanks for trusting Kriega - I'm looking forward to hearing your assessment on your return from the gear's homeland.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 03-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #637
SOMA Man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Overlander 60 Question?

Michael,

I am seriously considering purchasing the Overlander 60. My current pannier rack is the Holan balanced rack. Is the Overlander 60 compatible with the Holan racks? Thanks.
SOMA Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #638
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOMA Man View Post
Michael,

I am seriously considering purchasing the Overlander 60. My current pannier rack is the Holan balanced rack. Is the Overlander 60 compatible with the Holan racks? Thanks.
Hey SOMA Man,

Thanks for dropping by.

While we didn't use a set of Holan racks as a basis for R&D, and I have not yet examined a set myself, I strongly suspect that the Overlander 60 will attach just fine.

This is based on the fact that the Twalcom lads did some test riding for us on 990 Adventures using Holan racks and the Overlander 60 worked perfectly. So, if the dimensions of the 'hoops' on the F800 GS racks are broadly similar to those of the ones they make for the 990 (which they appear to be - certainly in the most important area of having an 18mm tube diameter), you'll be good to go.

So, to sum up: I'm 99% sure that combo will make a pretty sweet set-up.

Let me know if you need any more info at this stage.

All the best,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 03-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #639
SOMA Man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Hey SOMA Man,

Thanks for dropping by.

While we didn't use a set of Holan racks as a basis for R&D, and I have not yet examined a set myself, I strongly suspect that the Overlander 60 will attach just fine.

This is based on the fact that the Twalcom lads did some test riding for us on 990 Adventures using Holan racks and the Overlander 60 worked perfectly. So, if the dimensions of the 'hoops' on the F800 GS racks are broadly similar to those of the ones they make for the 990 (which they appear to be - certainly in the most important area of having an 18mm tube diameter), you'll be good to go.

So, to sum up: I'm 99% sure that combo will make a pretty sweet set-up.

Let me know if you need any more info at this stage.

All the best,

Michael
Michael,

Awesome! That was the answer that I was hoping for. I'm going to go ahead and place an order. I'll post some pics and a review after I spend some time with them. Thanks for the quick response.
SOMA Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #640
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,136
Quote:
Yup. Sits right in the outer pocket, attached at the top with a clip or loop, (which fitment is in there depends on how old the R25 and reservoir are, but you can always get a fit). The tube just routes out of the top of the zipper and over your shoulder. So, now I come to think of it, I need to send you one of these to secure the tube to the front of the harness.

I'll get one in the mail tomorrow.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael;

I recieved this the other day and also picked up my used R25..........all looks good and thank you once again..........funny how even the larger R25 just disappears when you don it!!

Cheers

Droptarotter screwed with this post 03-29-2013 at 11:38 AM Reason: answered my own question
Droptarotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #641
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOMA Man View Post
Michael,

Awesome! That was the answer that I was hoping for. I'm going to go ahead and place an order. I'll post some pics and a review after I spend some time with them. Thanks for the quick response.
No worries, mate.

Let me know if you need any installation tips etc. once it arrives.

Thanks for choosing Kriega!

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 03-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #642
Steveo.
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Hi Steveo,

The Hydrapak should have come with a Velcro Tube Locator included / attached. The female Velcro is wrapped around the tube, with the male tab stuck to it. You then wrap the male part around the harness webbing (right-hand side is usually the best bet because it's easier to reach across your body to grab the tube than it is to pull it directly up, all without taking your hand of the throttle of course! ) and slap the tube on it to keep it in place.

Let me know if you don't have the Velcro and I'll mail it out to you STAT.

Cheers,

Michael
Ah, I thought it came with the bladder. I bought the bladder on its own and purchased the R15 for some extra storage. No matter though as a black zip tie worked perfect all weekend.

Quote:
Pics or it didn't happen!
I'll see if anyone took photos. I left my camera at camp and my phone camera isn't working right. The R15 works amazing for a day on the dirt bike and easily, and comfortably, carried my water, first aid kit, tool roll, snacks and extra layer. Had a few guys asking about it as well.

I seem to spend a fortune on bike gear every year but the only time I don't feel bad about it is when I buy the Kriega stuff because I know it'll be used and will work perfectly. Even with buying two different backpacks, it was money very well spent. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #643
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,136
Michael;

The R25 I purchased used has a female fastex buckle in the outer pocket for the Hydro bladder retainer.........was there a male part for it at one time?

Cheers
Old 03-31-2013, 06:38 PM   #644
Steveo.
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Here's the best I could get from yesterday, and you can only tell it's Kriega by the harness. Great ride though, and the pack was comfortable and kept me hydrated.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #645
niemerbeemer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Thumb

pm sent for shipping code! looking forward to some new gear for the season
niemerbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote