Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #781
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1G3R View Post
I live in Encinitas now, but I'll be moving to Mission Hills in a few weeks. What about you?

Helpful to know about what you can pack in a US-20.
I will be in the Ramona area a bit next weekend if you want to see a US20.

With a US20 I can easily fit: few pairs of skivvies, few pairs of socks, pair of pants, couple shirts, sweatshirt, toiletries. If I pack my insulated Klim jacket in there it gets tight (but still fits).
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #782
gadogad
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I need to carry my laptop to and from work. I was thinking of putting the laptop in a Kube 4 and the Kube 4 in a US-20. Are the dimensions for the Kube 4 internal or external? Will the US-20 stay flat even off the bike? My laptop measures
Width: 15.12" / 384.00mm
Height: 1.35"/34.20mm
Depth: 11" / 249.40mm

Any thoughts?
gadogad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #783
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,623
Well I had ordered some goodies from Kriega: Overlander 30 bags, R3 Fanny pack and an R15 backpack. During my time in the states I was hoping to get a chance to put these through their paces on the bike and report back. Sadly the broken arm is still a bunch of weeks from knitting together well enough and time has run out. It's back to Thailand with the bike and gear in tow (the OL 30 bags on the back wheel and the R3 fanny-pack under the skid plate) and the gear testing will have to wait for a bit until the bones are healed enough to hang on. Test results soon to come from hopefully sunny...and soon monsoon rain soaked Thailand.

A heartfelt thanks to Michael for working with me in selecting the products I have chosen. He has been a valued and helpful member in representing Kriega and his assistance is appreciated. I've got some views/opinions of the gear developing already but want to put some miles on them first to get a proper perspective.

All the best.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #784
bdolnik
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratthing View Post
I don't have pictures at the moment, but on the CRF250L, I didn't really like the way the Rack Loops fit on the fender, since the fender has some odd-ball curves. The CRF also has a plastic shroud that covers the bottom of the fender, extending from the swing arm all the way up to the gigantic license plate holder.

I have some pictures of the bags mounted, but need to upload them. I forgot to take pictures before I buttoned it up, so I need to take the fender off again to take a picture of the strap attachments.
Ratthing, I'd love to see pictures of your setup as I'm looking at how to do my CRF250L also. Came close to purchasing one of the Giant Loop products a couple times, but now looking at the Kriega.
bdolnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #785
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadogad View Post
I need to carry my laptop to and from work. I was thinking of putting the laptop in a Kube 4 and the Kube 4 in a US-20. Are the dimensions for the Kube 4 internal or external? Will the US-20 stay flat even off the bike? My laptop measures
Width: 15.12" / 384.00mm
Height: 1.35"/34.20mm
Depth: 11" / 249.40mm

Any thoughts?
Hi mate,

We got this one sorted over 'civilian' email, I believe.

All the best,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #786
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
Well I had ordered some goodies from Kriega: Overlander 30 bags, R3 Fanny pack and an R15 backpack. During my time in the states I was hoping to get a chance to put these through their paces on the bike and report back. Sadly the broken arm is still a bunch of weeks from knitting together well enough and time has run out. It's back to Thailand with the bike and gear in tow (the OL 30 bags on the back wheel and the R3 fanny-pack under the skid plate) and the gear testing will have to wait for a bit until the bones are healed enough to hang on. Test results soon to come from hopefully sunny...and soon monsoon rain soaked Thailand.

A heartfelt thanks to Michael for working with me in selecting the products I have chosen. He has been a valued and helpful member in representing Kriega and his assistance is appreciated. I've got some views/opinions of the gear developing already but want to put some miles on them first to get a proper perspective.

All the best.
On the plus, side; that's one nice looking box you get to open at the other end!

I'm confident the gear will do what you need it to - looking forward to feedback and [hopefully] photos, once you're back on the gas.

Happy healing, mate.

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 06-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #787
staikosn1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
The 30lt drybag can be attached to the tankpad??
staikosn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #788
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,988

Well I got my Overlander 60 and the 30L a little while ago- and just had the chance to pack it all up and go to Canada with it.

I have to say I was slightly dubious at first as to the ability to carry all the crap an airhead normally requires- but rest assured, it packs everything one could need, especially with those Cubes. I used four of them, one for toiletries, one for gadgets and cords, one for tire patch stuff and one for coffee and breakfast stuff. Used the Stash for the passport and documents, and the R15 for survival stuff

I didnt quite get a pic of hte whole gear thing together, but here is the best I could find.

It Rolls really well! And Waterproof as hell!

Here's the only rolling shot of me, going away

One thing- I did finally lose the plastic bit that holds the water bladder closed- really do need another one, now, and will figure a way to tether it better.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #789
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by staikosn1 View Post
There aren't many bikes with a tank long enough to accommodate that. Maybe the Ducati SC or the Moto Guzzi Griso.

My concours was able to accommodate it just fine when I had the tall bars on it.

But you probably would want to stick to using a 5 or 10 or even a 20 is fine, but a 30 is pushing it on most bikes.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #790
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,883
Well, I've just begun experimenting with different packing configurations for the ride across the US next month. I used a Motofizz bag previously and had a pretty good system. I haven't figured out the best way to pack my US 30 and US 20 combo, but already can tell that it's going to be better than the old way!

I'll probably repack fifty times before the trip, but heck, it's part of the adventure!

Pete
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #791
staikosn1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
There aren't many bikes with a tank long enough to accommodate that. Maybe the Ducati SC or the Moto Guzzi Griso.

My concours was able to accommodate it just fine when I had the tall bars on it.

But you probably would want to stick to using a 5 or 10 or even a 20 is fine, but a 30 is pushing it on most bikes.
I just bought for my bmw 1100 gs us20 and us30 drybags actually for tankbags for 2up roadtrips and after I realised that maybe the us30 is too large!!
I think would be great. The bagster I had is large too, and harder material to manage!
staikosn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #792
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,216
Oh boy that looks like a whole big box of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post

All the best.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #793
satur9
angry black guy

Oddometer: 459
53 pages and I couldnt find (see) the answer to my question.how does a us (30) attach to overlander 30.does 1 set of rackloops handle the side bags and half of the top.do two sets of alloy buckles fit in one rackloop. And could the "daisy. Chain" lower mount be shone a. Little better.i understand it wraps around frame or I footpeg or I so but the buckle part. (Is this alloy) and ladder is what im curious about.
satur9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #794
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by staikosn1 View Post

Hi staikosn1,

Technically: yes. BUT... we don't recommend it because the 30 is a sizeable bag and could well interfere with your controls / steering lock etc. 20 is as large as you really want / need / should have on the tank.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 06-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #795
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post

Well I got my Overlander 60 and the 30L a little while ago- and just had the chance to pack it all up and go to Canada with it.

I have to say I was slightly dubious at first as to the ability to carry all the crap an airhead normally requires- but rest assured, it packs everything one could need, especially with those Cubes. I used four of them, one for toiletries, one for gadgets and cords, one for tire patch stuff and one for coffee and breakfast stuff. Used the Stash for the passport and documents, and the R15 for survival stuff

I didnt quite get a pic of hte whole gear thing together, but here is the best I could find.

It Rolls really well! And Waterproof as hell!

Here's the only rolling shot of me, going away

One thing- I did finally lose the plastic bit that holds the water bladder closed- really do need another one, now, and will figure a way to tether it better.
OK - I know I sell this stuff for a living... but I honestly can't image a pannier system that would look as good and serve its purpose as well on that bike.

Nice!

Lemme know if you still can't find the reservoir slide closure - I've got a few spares kicking around.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC