Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #841
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCANRUN View Post
Michael,

Does the Kube Pocket have straps long enough to use as a handlebar bag? I seem to recall someone using it as a handlebar bag but can't find the post or picture.

Thanks
Ya mean like this?

The attachment is industrial Velcro, which is very secure. By my reckoning you can open wrap it round anything up to a 2" diameter, before it started getting risky.

It also has a second smaller Velcro strap, which is there to allow alternative fittings on the Hydro-3 if preferred, or just an additional bit of security). You could easily thread it though a small zip tie attached to the bar, just to be 'belt & braces' safe.

The other item is our US Tank, with the compression straps from a pre-2012 US pack attached.

Cheers!

MW

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread

amanlikemike screwed with this post 07-18-2013 at 04:48 PM
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #842
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
Any chance I can donate my like new US-20 for an older model that has the D rings on the buckles? Seems some came with them and some did not. Any chance any of the ones you have lying around have them?
Hi mate,

There's been quite a lot of interest in these two bags (which is confirmed as how many I have). I'm going to have keep it fair and put them up for dibs (one at a time) so that more than one person has a chance to bag (pun not intended) one.

I'm going to prepare the post now and put in the thread tomorrow. I'll PM everyone who's eyeing one up to let them know it's imminent. From there on in, it's every man for himself...

If you manage to get dibs, it's no problem for you to offer up your existing bag (paying the postage fees to send it to the winner) for donations in a separate post in exchange. I would then send you the 'legacy' pack.

Let the games commence!

M

BritKit LLC
Old 07-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #843
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Dibbing for US-20s!

In case you didn't see it in my reply to Inmate HaChayalBoded, I just wanted to let any one interested know that two unused US-20s (previous version with compression straps) are scheduled for posting in the ADV Donations thread at some point tomorrow: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406181

I'll PM this to those who have already expressed an interest and post in this thread (as well as the Donations thread, obviously) in this thread when they're online, so it's worth subscribing to both threads and setting up an alert.

All proceeds will go directly to Baldy to help keep this incredible madhouse up to speed, so - if you win - please donate as much as you can / feel is appropriate. You'll get it back in the end and you don't have to state how much you handed over, but you can if you like!

Instructions on how to 'dib' (dont think I've ever written that word before - kinda dig how it looks!) are in the first post of that thread.

This is what it looks like:

MSRP was $99. It has compression straps instead of the current Alloy Hook system and plastic rings, instead of the web loops on the current version. Other than that, it's the same pack.

Happy hunting!

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 07-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #844
bighead3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
curious

Am I too late to receive one of those pm's for when you are about to post those us20's? I would love to have a chance at one of them.
bighead3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #845
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,231
I have this exact bag, used it yesterday. I have received many compliments and the quality is just amazing. Cleans easily, dry sack, great compression straps, just a great bag.

One question, which way is the bag to be oriented? I have the roll up at the rear of my bike but think maybe it is supposed to be the other way?

AteamNM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #846
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
One question, which way is the bag to be oriented? I have the roll up at the rear of my bike but think maybe it is supposed to be the other way?

I like to have the roll towards the front... just in case it was not closed properly (although it has never happened).
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #847
JCANRUN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Cool, just what I was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Ya mean like this?

The attachment is industrial Velcro, which is very secure. By my reckoning you can open wrap it round anything up to a 2" diameter, before it started getting risky.

It also has a second smaller Velcro strap, which is there to allow alternative fittings on the Hydro-3 if preferred, or just an additional bit of security). You could easily thread it though a small zip tie attached to the bar, just to be 'belt & braces' safe.

The other item is our US Tank, with the compression straps from a pre-2012 US pack attached.

Cheers!

MW
Old 07-21-2013, 04:58 AM   #848
mcgarrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
US5 x 2 + US30

I'm hoping someone can advise me on the best way to mount US5 packs to the sides of a US30. I can't seem to find any photos or descriptions of this configuration, and I'm hoping it's possible.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
mcgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #849
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by swooshdave View Post
I have a suggestion for an accessory.

I just got the US30 and love it. I use it for commuting and it's become my trunk. I loosen the four straps and unhook and remove the bag. I'll then either attach the shoulder strap or just grab it by the center strap that goes over the roll top section. The problem with that strap is that it's oriented in the wrong way. It turns your wrist sideways.

There are the two D rings at the top (or bottom) and what would be perfect would be a handle. It could be super simple, just a single strap with Velcro™ for attachment. But I'd let the Kriega guys figure out the final engineering.

get yourself one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Armor-Extend-A.../dp/B003OPTT8W

Armor Extend-A-Handle up to 12" Extension handle for rolling luggage, suitcases, roller bag, travel bags, carry-on bags, luggage, suitcases
by Armor
3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
List Price: $14.95
Price: $7.95
You Save: $7.00 (47%)
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by House of Scuba.
Extension handle for rolling luggage.
Extend the reach for rolling bags that are too short for you.
Handle hoods to double handle, single handle, or web handle luggage to extend the handle to 12"
Made in the USA
Armor #114 Extend-a-Handle
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #850
swooshdave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Nice find!
swooshdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #851
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
I have this exact bag, used it yesterday. I have received many compliments and the quality is just amazing. Cleans easily, dry sack, great compression straps, just a great bag.

Hello, fella.

You can mount it whichever way you wish - makes so difference to performance or safety. That said, I tend to put the opening closest to my back if it's raining and I'm on a bike that kicks up spray or mud from the back wheel - just to keep the part I handle the most as free of crud as possible. I sometime do the same if I'm in an area, where I'm paranoid of folks trying to rip me off at stop light etc

When I need to get into it frequently, without removing it from the bike, I fit it with the opening off the back of the bike, .

And then of course you can also mount the thing across the seat / rack (as opposed to in line with it, if you need / prefer. In that case, the opening is on the opposite side to the stand, so it's easy to access when stopped.

The choice is yours!

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 07-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #852
swooshdave
Adventurer

With as waterproof as this bag purports to be I wouldn't think it would matter which way it's pointed. I put my US-30 so the opening is at the back. I tend to put more stuff at the bottom of the bag and that creates a nice flat area, kinda like a bumstop.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #853
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgarrett View Post
I'm hoping someone can advise me on the best way to mount US5 packs to the sides of a US30. I can't seem to find any photos or descriptions of this configuration, and I'm hoping it's possible.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
Hi mcg!

The US-5 isn't really intended to mount to the other US packs - least of all the US-30. It was designed as a stand-alone fender pack, for bolting on to the plastic of dirt bikes.

Although not intended to do this, fitting it to older US-10 and US-20s is pretty straightforward - just a case of forcing one of the [thick] US-5 straps through the plastic rings on the top of the 10/20. New US packs no longer have these rings, and it can still be tricky even on older US-30s, due to the distance between the the rings being too wide for the US-5. It will not attach to the sides.

So, unfortunately, there is no official solution, but that's not to say it's impossible to 'McGyver' something that does the job.

Sorry I can't be the bearer of any better news.

All the best,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 07-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #854
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
get yourself one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Armor-Extend-A.../dp/B003OPTT8W

Armor Extend-A-Handle up to 12" Extension handle for rolling luggage, suitcases, roller bag, travel bags, carry-on bags, luggage, suitcases
by Armor
3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
List Price: $14.95
Price: $7.95
You Save: $7.00 (47%)
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by House of Scuba.
Extension handle for rolling luggage.
Extend the reach for rolling bags that are too short for you.
Handle hoods to double handle, single handle, or web handle luggage to extend the handle to 12"
Made in the USA
Armor #114 Extend-a-Handle
Yup. Just be aware that when lifting the bag by the D-rings, you are relying on quick-release clips to support the weight. And, as the name suggests, these are not intended to be load-bearing...

BritKit LLC
Old 07-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #855
swooshdave
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Yup. Just be aware that when lifting the bag by the D-rings, you are relying on quick-release clips to support the weight. And, as the name suggests, these are not intended to be load-bearing...
What do you mean by this? Which quick release clips?