Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #916
RicoAJP
ADV Dreamer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Hi Rico,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. In the past few weeks, I've done about 20,000 miles of traveling. None of which were on my bike!

But the bottom line is: that aint right.

If you've got a proof of purchase, you've got a new pack. PM me and I'll get it sorted out right away.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Michael
Hi Mike,

I managed to ride back home with it and get it replaced at the shop where I bought it from. Thanks for getting back to me, all is good now.

Cheers
Alex
RicoAJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #917
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoAJP View Post
Hi Mike,

I managed to ride back home with it and get it replaced at the shop where I bought it from. Thanks for getting back to me, all is good now.

Cheers
Alex
Ah. That's good news (in the end) - thanks for letting me know.

Also good to hear, that Kriega dealers are handling sh*t correct too, as they were selected to do!

All the best,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #918
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
Michael.......I'm not following this........any photo's to help a dummy figure this out??
None of my straps have dots.......the only thing I have with dots is my backpacks.

Cheers
Hi mate,

Basically, you know the 4 x smaller webbing straps that are a component of the Alloy Hook Strap kit, which has been included with all US-10/20/30s since March 2012? It's the bit that attaches to your subframe etc to act as mounting points for the alloy hook hooks on the bag. In this photo it's the lower piece of the two:

Well... originally, these were all black because it looks good / blends in on all bikes, matches the packs and hides dirt. However, after a while the lads back in the UK heard reports of one or two folks accidentally attaching the alloy hooks to the [also black] web loops on the base of the US-20 and US-30, after mistaking them for the ones attached to the bike... Just as our mate Stormtrooper246 did there. The end result being that the bag was strapped to itself instead of the bike. Which is... ummm... shall we say, 'less than ideal'.

The loops on the base of the bag are actually intended for securing the hooks when the bag is removed from the bike, to stop them flailing about when carried (see photo below). They also serve as an anchor point for building 'combos' i.e. when a second pack stacked on top of the one attached to the bike, or a pack is attached on either side of the 'base bag'.

"OK", thought Dom and Mike, "We'll just make the subframe loops a different colour from now on. Problem solved!"

So, for a round a year after mid-2012, all US packs were supplied with reflective silver subframe loops., which were easy to distinguish from the black ones on the base of the packs. The only problem was that quite a few thought the reflective silver looked more beige. And beige is not a popular colour for motorcycles.

Therefore, from most recent production run (March of this year) onwards, the subframe loops supplied are now black with white dots to indicate that they are the ones the Alloy Hooks should be attached to.

Which colour ones you have on your bike, depends on when your pack was purchased.

Hope that clears things up for you, but let me know if it doesn't and I'll snap some photos when I'm back in the office.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC

amanlikemike screwed with this post 09-05-2013 at 11:10 AM
Old 09-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #919
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromtrooper246 View Post
Bye the way, I shot some pictures of the side profile that I'll email you. That bag is a great piece of kit!

BritKit LLC
Old 09-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #920
Nwrider206
2012 Triumph Bonnie

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Hi mate,

The loops on the base of the bag are actually intended for securing the hooks when the bag is removed from the bike, to stop them flailing about when carried (see photo below). They also serve as an anchor point for a second pack stacked on top of the one sttached to the bike.

Michael
Holy crap! I never realized that. I have used them to secure a US30 and a US20 together, as it offers more stability to anchor them lower when one is strapped on top. Thought that was all they were for.
But now that makes complete sense. Learn something new every day.
Nwrider206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #921
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwrider206 View Post
Holy crap! I never realized that. I have used them to secure a US30 and a US20 together, as it offers more stability to anchor them lower when one is strapped on top. Thought that was all they were for.
But now that makes complete sense. Learn something new every day.
Yeah - it's an easy feature to miss. But I think the updated instructions that are now included with all packs make it a little harder to miss, by showing a photo of the hooks secured in the loops for carrying.

BritKit LLC
Old 09-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #922
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,641
CO here I come!

traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #923
Stromtrooper246
Lost again

Oddometer: 470
Mine
13 Tiger 800
02 Guzzi V11 Tenni *T105*
Stromtrooper246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #924
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,718
Rented a bike in Alaska for a 1800 mile jaunt...The only piece of motorcycle gear I brought with me was my Kriega US20....It was also the only place that my gear stayed dry.....

'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #925
fmxbrawlerz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
That took a while. I just finished reading through the whole thread. I wonder how much of it I actually retained :)

I am liking the Overland 30. Really like the idea of waterproof and they have a great look to them.

Riding a 2011 FS570

fmxbrawlerz screwed with this post 09-10-2013 at 05:23 PM
fmxbrawlerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #926
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,652
Went out for another three day ride with the Overlander 30 bags and my R15 pack on the KTM 500.

As a lot of posters may have read on this thread I can be critical of gear, however the R15 with the harness system dons so easily on and off it's a Godsend. We as motorcycle riders often have large protective armor and my shoulder protection on the Alpinestars chest protector sticks up waaay too much, this makes getting a hydration bladder or backpack on a complete nightmare. The R15 gets on and off so easy it's like cheating. Very well designed as a support structure for lightweight loads. One thing I would like to see added to the pack are two zipper pulls instead of one. This will make accessing the interior of the pack much easier. Now the one zipper to be closed is on the bottom of the pack necessitating undoing two Fastex buckles to clear a path for the zipper to be undone. Inefficient. All high end packs I own: Osprey, Dana, etc have two sipper pulls to ease pack access and Kriega pack access would benefit with this addition on it's next design upgrade

This trip instead of packing my traditional tarp and hammock i went with a bivy sack and down quilt to save a little space since packing space in the Overlander 30 bags is a little tight compared to the GL Coyote. This worked out well (though I would prefer the ability to pack the hammock) and was able to pack clothes, camp shoes, bivy sack and quilt in the bag on the left since its bulkier; and packed tools, spares, small first aid, water filter, and food in the exhaust side bag since it packs narrower. Ideally I would like to see some additional liter capacity added to the overlander 30 bags that if not used could be compressed with the compression straps yet is there if you need it. Something like seven or eight extra liters each side would be nice for my use.

All in all the bags worked well.

Michael I know you're busy but when you have a chance could you contact me on Skype as per our previous PM's. Thank you.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.

Flood screwed with this post 09-15-2013 at 09:04 AM Reason: malware removed.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #927
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
CO here I come!

Woah! Look at your SE all sparkly clean!

Think we need an 'after' photo to compare when you get back.

Have a good un! Only wish I could have made it out there myself too...

Next year fo' sho'.

BritKit LLC
Old 09-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #928
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromtrooper246 View Post
Mine
I do like that bike. Great color too (says the KTM owner! ).

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your rides with Kriega!

BritKit LLC
Old 09-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #929
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
Rented a bike in Alaska for a 1800 mile jaunt...The only piece of motorcycle gear I brought with me was my Kriega US20....It was also the only place that my gear stayed dry.....

Nice work, fella!

BritKit LLC
Old 09-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #930
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmxbrawlerz View Post
That took a while. I just finished reading through the whole thread. I wonder how much of it I actually retained :)

I am liking the Overland 30. Really like the idea of waterproof and they have a great look to them.

Riding a 2011 FS570
I hear you, mate! Sometimes I wonder how / why I fit it all in my head!

Glad you dig the Overlander 30 (and I'm sure the photos TeamFTB just happened to post won't do anything to persuade you otherwise! ). The 570 could've been made for that system, what with the oversized side panels and all.

Let me know if any of the stuff you just read (respect for endurting the whole thread! ) doesn't stick and you'd like me to dredge the old memory banks for more detail at any point.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC