Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #976
MadM
Dreamer

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by swooshdave View Post
How long is long? The US30 is pretty deep.
It has to be at least 53cm long/deep as my tent is that long and cant be packed smaller. I have looked at US30 but it is just to short.
My Blog
MadM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #977
swooshdave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadM View Post
It has to be at least 53cm long/deep as my tent is that long and cant be packed smaller. I have looked at US30 but it is just to short.
Shorter tent?
swooshdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #978
MadM
Dreamer

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by swooshdave View Post
Shorter tent?
No go, unless I cut the poles in half I am using a Vango Banshe 300
My Blog
MadM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #979
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadM View Post
Strap the poles in between the Kriega bag and it's mounting straps. You should be able to stuff the rest of the tent into a US-30

Michael, how about a pole bag that has some built in loops that mount to the side of a US-30 or 20?

All my personal tents will fit into a US-30, and any tent with long poles gets custom poles made.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #980
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
Received some Kriega goodies today. Hello Moab.
Good on ya, mate!

If I can't make it to Moab, the next best things is that one of our bags did.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #981
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Hey Mike i found out this weekend the water bladder will work as a temp fuel transport

Not me, thank the rally gods, but young Mr G is going to need some new gear. Even though the lad drinks gas and lives moto :)

Thanks for supporting te privateers

Obligatory Kreiga Sighting:

Mega! Just mega.

And anyone who finds themselves in a situation when they absolutely need to use their Hydrapak as a spare fuel cell is alright with us.

Privateers are the heart and soul of racing, so it's an honor to help you chaps do what what you just gots to do.

Keep 'er lit, lads (maybe without 3 liters of gas on your back in future though!)

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 10-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #982
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Mike, do you have any pics of a US5 with tank adapter on a yamaha wr250r?
Sorry, mate. If afraid I don't. Obviously on a compact machine, like the WR, any tank bag will limit how far forward you can get, but there'll be room enough for the US Tank with a US-5 attached... possibly a US-10.

You will definitely need the replacement loop straps to tie rearwards end of the baseplate onto the frame (in place of the Velcro straps that attach under the seat on street bikes etc), so let me know if you want to try it out, so I can make the substitution.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 10-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #983
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoudude View Post
I went to the "Transportation Revolution" in New Orleans yesterday. Picked up a R25 from a very helpful and friendly staff. Very nice bag.
Yep. Top lads and good mates, are the Materne bros. and their crew. Glad they took care of you.

Thanks for choosing Kriega!

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 10-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #984
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Flawless kit .

Thanks Kriega USA from the Baja Rally... oh and as Jason the king of Boxer says in a pinch the hydration pack CAN be used as a temporary fuel bladder.
Bad-ass photo too, chief!

Thanks for rocking the gear so hard.

Speak soon,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 10-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #985
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelzilla View Post
Hi,

I found this thread and in the last few months I read through the whole thread.
First my compliment to Michael for his great support!

Despite owning a BMW R1150RS with enough (hardcase) luggage options, for my daily ride to work I use my thrusted R25 (with the waterproof sack).
On tours I use an US10 with a tank adapter.
I furthermore own a US30, US20, 2 US10's, US5, R3, toolrol, kube pocket and a stash. I'm just a great fan of the Kriega stuff!
I only need to get the adventurer bike to make it complete.

I wanted to reply to the post of Swoosdave (http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=830) regarding an handle on the US30.

I also miss a kind of handle on my US20 and US30. I looked into several options and ended up with a custom made paracord handle.
I tested this and as mentioned by Michael it did not work. It puts to much stress on the bag.

As you can see I use an Ortlieb strap. With the original strap the clips won't go through the D rings.
I actually bought the Ortlieb straps for my US5 and US10 to carry them around. I added keyrings on carefully chosen places on the bags.

I might look for a more convenient strap to replace the Ortlieb straps, but so far I'm happy.

I have one question for Michael; how can I use the new 3L reservoir with my old R25?

Looking forward to the new Kriega stuff!

Regards,

Angelo
Necessity is the mother of invention, Angelo!

Regardless of whether it worked or not, I always love to see a nice bit of paracord. Kudos for that.

If a 'factory' carry handle (as opposed to shoulder strap) does appear on the US packs (or fixing points for an accessory one), you chaps will be the first to know. Dom and Mike are aware of the demand, so we'll just have to see if its something they can incorporate without it having a negative effect on the pack primary functions on the bike.

The current Mil. Spec. Hydrapack will still work with your previous model R25: it just slots in the outer pocket, instead of the inner sleeve and the tube routes out of the top of the pocket zipper, instead of the dedicated duct on on the current R25. Other than that, the old reservoirs had a male clip on them, which clipped into to the female one in the top of the outer pocket. The new reservoirs are supported in a different way, so you'll need to rig something up with a zip tie etc. Very simple, but not 100% necessary if you don't want.

You'll also want one of our R25 specific Velcro Tube Locators to attach the bite valve to the harness when not in use. If you contact your local dealer, or distributor they should send you one for free.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC

amanlikemike screwed with this post 10-23-2013 at 05:17 PM
Old 10-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #986
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ300 View Post
I recently purchased a US20 Drypack from a local vendor. I got home and unpacked it and noticed the subframe straps were different than expected. They were a light silver or brown color. The straps work fine but I was a little irritated about the odd color.

I received an email from Michael at Kriega USA following up on a previous purchase I made when I bought a couple cubes and a tool roll.

I told him about the odd color of the straps and he said it was from and older batch. I didn't complain as they were fine and would just rig something up with some other straps I had.

I received a follow up email from him offering to send me some new straps.

It's not a big deal but it's unusual these days to get a company to offer up something without being asked. I am new to Kriega gear but I now own four of their products and their key chains are on all my keys.

Great gear and great customer service!
Thanks, pal. Just doing my job the best I can.

BritKit LLC
Old 10-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #987
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR View Post
I took a run up today to visit inmate traveltoad, taking him up on his gracious invitation to see some Kriega gear. He has a ton of it & it doesn't sit in the closet either--that stuff is used!!!

Initial interest was the R20 backpack, but after sifting through the pile, I believe the US20/10 will be the better choice.

So. Question: I see that a combo is listed at a minimal cost saving. It seems from the description that the US10 does not come with the mounting straps, but must be attached to either the US 20 or the US20 mounting straps. If that is true, I'll gladly pay the extra $3 & get the mounting straps for both bags.

You have a good ambassador for Kriega gear out here on the west coast in traveltoad. He has the gear & knows how to use it.
Yeah - traveltoad is a legend and definitely seems to 'get' the gear, not to mention the way we like to do things. He also happens to know his way around the trails of a very nice part of the world, so I won't need too much of an excuse to get out there and buy him a beer or twelve.

With regard to your query on the combos. These are precisely the same as buying the individual packs, with the prices just rounded down. You get all the components you would if you bought the packs separately - I just have them on the site to illustrate the most popular configurations and save folks a few clicks when they're ready to order.

All of which means you'll have everything you need, no matter what you choose to buy.

Give us a shout if I can be of any further service.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 10-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #988
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
It was great to meet you VFR!

I agree that the US bags will be perfect for your needs. And they look fantastic on that sexy triple...

Yep.

What traveltoad said (as usual! ).

Thanks lads!

BritKit LLC
Old 10-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #989
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Sorry, mate. If afraid I don't. Obviously on a compact machine, like the WR, any tank bag will limit how far forward you can get, but there'll be room enough for the US Tank with a US-5 attached... possibly a US-10.

You will definitely need the replacement loop straps to tie rearwards end of the baseplate onto the frame (in place of the Velcro straps that attach under the seat on street bikes etc), so let me know if you want to try it out, so I can make the substitution.

Cheers,

Michael
Hmmm. Alright, I ended up buying a US-5 and the tank adaptor. It doesn't work. The adaptor is just too long, but now you have me wondering you mean about the replacement loop straps. More info please! I'd like to use this bag as a tank bag. The bag itself fits quite well. I don't want to drill holes in the rear. I currently don't have a rear rack on the bike, so the short straps don't work either. I'm leaving for a long weekend Fri. am and am going to rok strap it, which isn't what Kriega wants to hear
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #990
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Hmmm. Alright, I ended up buying a US-5 and the tank adaptor. It doesn't work. The adaptor is just too long, but now you have me wondering you mean about the replacement loop straps. More info please! I'd like to use this bag as a tank bag. The bag itself fits quite well. I don't want to drill holes in the rear. I currently don't have a rear rack on the bike, so the short straps don't work either. I'm leaving for a long weekend Fri. am and am going to rok strap it, which isn't what Kriega wants to hear
When you get back... strap the US Tank Adaptor / US5 onto the WR and take some pics...

We'll figure it out!
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote