Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #991
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
He also happens to know his way around the trails of a very nice part of the world, so I won't need too much of an excuse to get out there and buy him a beer or twelve.
Michael
So get your ass out here!!!
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #992
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Hmmm. Alright, I ended up buying a US-5 and the tank adaptor. It doesn't work. The adaptor is just too long, but now you have me wondering you mean about the replacement loop straps. More info please! I'd like to use this bag as a tank bag. The bag itself fits quite well. I don't want to drill holes in the rear. I currently don't have a rear rack on the bike, so the short straps don't work either. I'm leaving for a long weekend Fri. am and am going to rok strap it, which isn't what Kriega wants to hear
I used 4 fixed length rok straps with some butterfly clasps (what wolfman uses to mount their saddlebags) and it came out great.

As to using a US-5 on the front try this, mount the tank adapter sideways, kinda like having just one side of a tank pannier. If it looks like it would work for that then simply get a second tank adapter and US-5 for the other side and have a make shift tank pannier setup.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #993
VFR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 649
I ordered the 20/10 combo pack. Are you still doing the ADV shipping discount? I entered the code & still got charged for shipping. Still a good deal but I like to save a bit whenever I can....

Quote:
Yeah - traveltoad is a legend and definitely seems to 'get' the gear, not to mention the way we like to do things. He also happens to know his way around the trails of a very nice part of the world, so I won't need too much of an excuse to get out there and buy him a beer or twelve.

With regard to your query on the combos. These are precisely the same as buying the individual packs, with the prices just rounded down. You get all the components you would if you bought the packs separately - I just have them on the site to illustrate the most popular configurations and save folks a few clicks when they're ready to order.

All of which means you'll have everything you need, no matter what you choose to buy.

Give us a shout if I can be of any further service.

Cheers,

Michael

If it ain't fun, I don't do it!!!

Stuff - I need more Stuff....
VFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #994
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadM View Post
Hey all!

I have a question for Michael.

Is Kriega developing anything similar to a Wolfman Expedition Dry Duffel? A dry bag that has a wide top opening for carrying a tent and other long items in it and be completely waterproof?

Thanks!
Hi mate,

Musta missed this one. Sorry about that!

To answer your question: yes. Dom, Mike and I had a chat about this a couple of months back. A Kriega roll bag, or duffel has been on the list for a while now. But since Mike had a make his own last-minute rough-and-ready prototypes to carry all the camping gear when he took part in the APC Rally in Australia earlier this year (see below), and I acquired a frequent pillion (otherwise know as a wife) and therefore bought a bigger tent / extra sleeping bags and mats etc, it's [hopefully] been shunted up the order.

As you know, all the gear is designed and tested by the two Kriega owners who won't just knock out the same kind of thing you can get anywhere, so R&D takes a little longer most other companies, but I'm sure that when it does materialize it'll be kick-ass. And, as you now know, for business and personal reasons, I'll be very keen to see it happen ASAP.

As always, stay tuned to this thread, join us on the Book of Face, or sign up to our occasional email newsletter to get the lowdown ahead of the pack.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #995
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR View Post
I ordered the 20/10 combo pack. Are you still doing the ADV shipping discount? I entered the code & still got charged for shipping. Still a good deal but I like to save a bit whenever I can....
Yeah - we are, so not sure what happened there. Let me know your order number and I'll refund the carriage charge to your card.

BritKit LLC
Old 10-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #996
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
So get your ass out here!!!
Careful what you wish for, mate. I might very well carry out that threat one or either side of Xmas.

BritKit LLC

amanlikemike screwed with this post 11-04-2013 at 03:41 PM
Old 10-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #997
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Hmmm. Alright, I ended up buying a US-5 and the tank adaptor. It doesn't work. The adaptor is just too long, but now you have me wondering you mean about the replacement loop straps. More info please! I'd like to use this bag as a tank bag. The bag itself fits quite well. I don't want to drill holes in the rear. I currently don't have a rear rack on the bike, so the short straps don't work either. I'm leaving for a long weekend Fri. am and am going to rok strap it, which isn't what Kriega wants to hear
Yep. Pics or it didnt happen.

Once we've got eyes on target, I'm sure we can sort it. The Loop Straps are critical. I'll send you some once, I know what we're dealing with.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 10-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #998
MadM
Dreamer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Hi mate,

Musta missed this one. Sorry about that!

To answer your question: yes. Dom, Mike and I had a chat about this a couple of months back. A Kriega roll bag, or duffel has been on the list for a while now. But since Mike had a make his own last-minute rough-and-ready prototypes to carry all the camping gear when he took part in the APC Rally in Australia earlier this year (see below), and I acquired a frequent pillion (otherwise know as a wife) and therefore bought a bigger tent / extra sleeping bags and mats etc, it's [hopefully] been shunted up the order.

As you know, all the gear is designed and tested by the two Kriega owners who won't just knock out the same kind of thing you can get anywhere, so R&D takes a little longer most other companies, but I'm sure that when it does materialize it'll be kick-ass. And, as you now know, for business and personal reasons, I'll be very keen to see it happen ASAP.

As always, stay tuned to this thread, join us on the Book of Face, or sign up to our occasional email newsletter to get the lowdown ahead of the pack.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks for your answer mate! I guess I will wait for a little longer before I buy a duffel from enduristan

Cheers!
MadM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #999
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 2,831
Quote:
To answer your question: yes. Dom, Mike and I had a chat about this a couple of months back. A Kriega roll bag, or duffel has been on the list for a while now.
Michael,

Not sure which Duffle or Roll bag on your web site your referring? Can you post web site photo or direct link?

Thank you
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #1000
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,685
Ended up with the us10 for this trip
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #1001
wrk2surf
BITD/Rallye

Oddometer: 5,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Flawless kit .

Thanks Kriega USA from the Baja Rally... oh and as Jason the king of Boxer says in a pinch the hydration pack CAN be used as a temporary fuel bladder.

BTW note my Ktm's rear fender area, I utilized a front haul loop due to her large rear end
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #1002
justlookin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Just returned from a week of adventure in Kentucky and Tennessee. Had one really nice day and one gray but mostly dry day - rain the rest. A couple days of steady rain and my gear stayed dry. I really like the easy mount and dismount of all the bags. I used a 5 with adapter for a tank bag with a 10 as a tail bag and I don't remember what number the saddlebags are but rack less, I think 15 liter per side.
I have done similar wet trips in the past with wet results - kind of ruins your night trying to sleep in a wet down bag. Anyway, Thanks for an exceptional product.
For this trip, I used a WR250R with a 5 gallon oversize tank.
justlookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #1003
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
Michael,

Not sure which Duffle or Roll bag on your web site your referring? Can you post web site photo or direct link?

Thank you
I actually meant that it's on the list of things to do, as opposed to being done. Hopefully, it won't be too long.

Sorry for any confusion.

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 10-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #1004
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlookin View Post
Just returned from a week of adventure in Kentucky and Tennessee. Had one really nice day and one gray but mostly dry day - rain the rest. A couple days of steady rain and my gear stayed dry. I really like the easy mount and dismount of all the bags. I used a 5 with adapter for a tank bag with a 10 as a tail bag and I don't remember what number the saddlebags are but rack less, I think 15 liter per side.
I have done similar wet trips in the past with wet results - kind of ruins your night trying to sleep in a wet down bag. Anyway, Thanks for an exceptional product.
For this trip, I used a WR250R with a 5 gallon oversize tank.
You are more than welcome, chief!

Thanks for the excellent feedback!

BritKit LLC
Old 10-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #1005
bigbearscotty
Scott

Oddometer: 3
1200gs mount

Heh michael, question for you. I just bought the overlander 30 for my ktm 690 r and it looks perfect. However, after looking at it, it got me thinking. I traveled about 25k last year to alaska and central america 2 up. Most of the time i have a hard time keeping the front wheel down under acceleration, so i have been looking for a way to transfer some of my heavier weight up front? Buying a second set and using an overlander 30 as a tank pannier set might be just the ticket. Has anyone tried this, maybe using two tank adaptors?
bigbearscotty is offline   Reply With Quote