Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #1051
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Preacher View Post
Mike,

I have done a (very) quick browse of this thread and not found a quick answer to what I am wondering. Would a pair of US10's work well for topper bags on a set of Zega Pro panniers? Would you have a picture of such an application?

Thanks.
This is a US-20, picture is on Kriegas website.

HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #1052
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
I've never had all 4 come loose, at the same time, like that gentlemen. But I have routinely had one, sometimes two come loose. So have some of my friends.

We quickly ditched the hook strap setup for the older method. We just used the buckles with some nylon webbing.

I personally use 4 loops straps from an old BMW tailbag that came with 12 straps, 4 short, 4 medium and 4 long. So I used the long ones with the Kriega buckles. The other end looks like the mounting portion of a rock strap.

For the US-20 I used straps through the D rings around the whole bag. It's actually much quicker to remove than having 4 buckles then figuring out what to do with them after you take the bag off (yes I have the strap connector thingies as well)
Thanks for the response Haychal.

My concern is why are the straps coming loose in the first place?

It's funny I just asked the above question. I'm on a two week off road trip in Cambodia now and have had a problem with the over the seat buckle coming loose repeatedly. Here's a pic of the bags before cinching them up again.

None of the hook straps are coming loose, however for some reason the seat strap s loosening multiple times. I even tied a cinch knot in the webbing to try and alleviate the issue but the webbing slipped through the simple cinch knot.

Anyone have any insight?

The left bag drops and flops but the exhaust side bag stays tight.

I've tried mounting the hook straps both crosswise (which is more secure on my KTM 500) and parrallel but both methods end up with the bag loosening the over the seat strap.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #1053
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,638
Weird... mine has not loosened even a tiny bit on either the SE or the 400.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #1054
LoopGaroo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
This is a huge thread. Where can I find instructions to mount the Overland 30 setup? I bought a pair of bags new and haven't been able to find clear instructions.
LoopGaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #1055
traveltoad
Aaron S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopGaroo View Post
This is a huge thread. Where can I find instructions to mount the Overland 30 setup? I bought a pair of bags new and haven't been able to find clear instructions.
Pages 6, 8 and 11 are good starting points.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #1056
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 918
Mike,

What would work better as a tail bag on an enduro bike: Overland 15 (single bag) or US10/20?

Cheers.
Balkan Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #1057
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
Mike,

What would work better as a tail bag on an enduro bike: Overland 15 (single bag) or US10/20?

Cheers.
Hi mate,

Your best bet would certainly be any of the US Packs, which are designed to be used as tail packs.

The primary use for the Overlander 15 Drypacks is as a pannier bag, so they differ in construction. The ability to use them as a tail pack is more of a bonus feature. They work fine - albeit better suited to larger bikes or ones with racks - but the US Packs are built for the job.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #1058
traveltoad
Aaron S

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Hi mate,

Your best bet would certainly be any of the US Packs, which are designed to be used as tail packs.

The primary use for the Overlander 15 Drypacks is as a pannier bag, so they differ in construction. The ability to use them as a tail pack is more of a bonus feature. They work fine - albeit better suited to larger bikes or ones with racks - but the US Packs are built for the job.

Cheers,

Michael
Like this...

Or this...
Old 12-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #1059
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopGaroo View Post
As traveltoad suggested, his posts are on the money, but if you want to PM me an email address (or confirm whether you happen to be the chap who just emailed me with the same request), I'll send you a PDF of the photo instructions found on the inside of the header card that the Overlander 30 comes packaged with when new.

I'm actually waiting for the UK to complete the series of fit & function videos that they've been working on for a while now. I'm hoping they'll provide more detail and variation, so that fitment issues can be avoided.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 12-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #1060
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
Mike,
Got in my Overlander 30 a day or two ago. Love the way they look, now I just need some good weather to go camping with them.

I also got in a US10 and a US5 (freebie). Will these two stack or buckle together?? Doesnt look like they will. Or is the US10 the smallest that will "stack"?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #1061
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,195
Bumstead;
The 5 will stack on the 10 or any other Kriega bag....you just need to figure out how to strap it.
Either use the strap that came with the 5 or if you get the extra alloy or comp straps, they will work fine

Cheers
Old 12-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #1062
SirJono_777
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post

It's funny I just asked the above question. I'm on a two week off road trip in Cambodia now and have had a problem with the over the seat buckle coming loose repeatedly. Here's a pic of the bags before cinching them up again.

None of the hook straps are coming loose, however for some reason the seat strap s loosening multiple times. I even tied a cinch knot in the webbing to try and alleviate the issue but the webbing slipped through the simple cinch knot.

Anyone have any insight?

I've tried mounting the hook straps both crosswise (which is more secure on my KTM 500) and parrallel but both methods end up with the bag loosening the over the seat strap.
I would guess all that mud might not be helping the buckle hold onto the strap..
SirJono_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #1063
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood_55 View Post
Mike,
Got in my Overlander 30 a day or two ago. Love the way they look, now I just need some good weather to go camping with them.

I also got in a US10 and a US5 (freebie). Will these two stack or buckle together?? Doesnt look like they will. Or is the US10 the smallest that will "stack"?

Thanks
Hi mate,

The US-5 is the only pack in the current range that is not intended to attach to the others, due to it being designed as a stand-alone, bolt-on (or strap on, using the Rack Loops included with your Overlander 30) fender pack for dirt bikes. At the moment, this also makes it incompatible with the Alloy Hook Strap system.

It can, however, be attached to any of our backpacks.

Aside from the US-5, all US packs can be used in combination.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 12-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #1064
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post

Anyone have any insight?

Hi FTB,

Hopefully the PMs / emails we've exchanged have come some way towards resolving this situation, which appears to be related to less than ideal fitment (tbd) and also possible damage to the cam buckle (the shot you sent me suggests it's not 'biting' evenly, as it should, and try as I might, I have thus far found it impossible to even intentionally make one slip, no matter what I slather on the webbing).

Your replacement Overlander 15 pack and cam buckle are on the way to Thailand right now. Hopefully, the weird lop-sidedness is something we can eliminate by experimenting with alternative mounting points.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 12-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #1065
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJono_777 View Post
I would guess all that mud might not be helping the buckle hold onto the strap..
Thing is, each component was designed specifically to deal with with full-on 'muck n bullets', so it cant be that. Having now had a closer look at some other photos, it seems that the cam may have been damaged at some point, so we'll replace that and hopefully solve the mystery.

BritKit LLC