amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
facetious
fəˈsēSHəs/Submit
adjective
treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
Hahaa!

He wasn't joking either, folks!

Order received and greatly appreciated. You will now have the very first Rally Pack released into the American wild, just as soon as I get 'em in a week or so's time. The rest of your gear will ship today and I've refunded your shipping fees 'cause it seems you neglected to request /use the ADV free shipping code.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:45 AM   #1172
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Hahaa!

He wasn't joking either, folks!

Order received and greatly appreciated. You will now have the very first Rally Pack released into the American wild, just as soon as I get 'em in a week or so's time. The rest of your gear will ship today and I've refunded your shipping fees 'cause it seems you neglected to request /use the ADV free shipping code.

Cheers,

Michael

I challenge anyone to find a vendor who sends $$$ back....because the purchaser was too stupid to enter a code....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM   #1173
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
I challenge anyone to find a vendor who sends $$$ back....because the purchaser was too stupid to enter a code....
Fair's fair, innit.

BritKit LLC
Old 01-31-2014, 03:11 PM   #1174
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Movie Night!

Another post to come back and complete shortly , but just wanted to quickly let y'all know that we gone only done and some videos! Like this one :

Each of the currently available videos can be viewed on the relevant individual product pages at www.kriega.us. Or you can check them all out in one place here: http://blog.kriega.us/category/videos/fitting-videos/ (again, posts to be finished off ASAP...). I'll add 'em to this thread real soon n'all. Promise!

Back in a bit!

Michael

BritKit LLC

amanlikemike screwed with this post 03-11-2014 at 04:00 PM
Old 01-31-2014, 04:26 PM   #1175
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,141
Wow.......great videos Michael.........I learned a few things!

Good work!
Old 02-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #1176
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,311
KTM 690, Rear Rack and Overlander 30's

I've got a KTM 690. Overlander 30. US 20 with a US 10 piggy backed on it. I've not used the Overlander 30 yet.

Is there any advantage on the US 10 & 20 riding on a rear tail rack as opposed to all if it riding on the fender hooked to the Kreiga hook buttons, and not using a rear rack (saving a little weight)???

I've had it all mounted to the rear tail rack, (Tourtech), but I'm tempted to remove the rack and go back to the OEM grab bars.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #1177
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood_55 View Post
I've got a KTM 690. Overlander 30. US 20 with a US 10 piggy backed on it. I've not used the Overlander 30 yet.

Is there any advantage on the US 10 & 20 riding on a rear tail rack as opposed to all if it riding on the fender hooked to the Kreiga hook buttons, and not using a rear rack (saving a little weight)???

I've had it all mounted to the rear tail rack, (Tourtech), but I'm tempted to remove the rack and go back to the OEM grab bars.
Dagwood I've used the hook buttons for awhile on trips now and have never had any issues with their working or reliability. Using the bags without the rack would give you a lower profile as the bags could then sit flush onto the rear fender. Not sure how tall you are but the 690's are taller than my 500 and swinging a leg over them was awkward for me. Anything to lower the height of obstacles to swing a leg over would be a bonus for me. Of course you'll also save the weight as you noted.

One thing racks offer is something for which to pull on to removed bikes from mud, pick them up etc. However if you re-mount the OEM grab rails I see no downside to removing the rack.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #1178
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood_55 View Post

Like FTB pointed out, a rack has no real advantage for bags, only for seriously solid stuff like a winch or fuel cans etc. In fact, a rack not only adds weight (and cost), but can increase the chances of subframe damage if and when you throw the bike up the trail.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 02-07-2014, 02:47 AM   #1179
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,341
Hi Michael, can you tell me about the orange "dp" dry pack tag that's on some Kriega bags.

Is it a third party waterproof membrane like Goretex or Riessa that you guys incorporate into the production of [some of] your bags?
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:48 AM   #1180
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
Hi Michael, can you tell me about the orange "dp" dry pack tag that's on some Kriega bags.

Is it a third party waterproof membrane like Goretex or Riessa that you guys incorporate into the production of [some of] your bags?
Hi mate,

The orange 'dp' label is Kriega's own doing - a designation for items that incorporate the Drypack construction and are therefore 100% waterproof.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 02-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #1181
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,429
Great video Michael, well played sir. I love my US20, just so versatile, use it on nearly every ride.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #1182
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,850
The Best Bags I have ever used !!!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:00 AM   #1183
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,311
R25 Backpack

I've gone on a bike diet, from a loaded up 990S with hard bags to a 690 with Overlander 30 and a US 10 & 20 on the tail. So, I'm hooked and a Kriega Konvert.

And, tho I haven't gone on a overniter yet, it all packs pretty well and I can get most everything in the bags, but I think I gonna have to go with a backpack to carry my personal gear.

I have a old Otega (or something like that) left over from my woods riding days, but it makes my shoulders hurt after all day riding and is hard to get over my winter Olympia AST Jacket.

So, I realize that everyone is made different, but should I expect the R25, med loaded to have all day riding comfort?? And how does it fit over a Large, winter, padded up jacket and liner such as the Olympia AST??

Thanks,
Old 02-10-2014, 07:22 AM   #1184
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,567
I would recommend the R20 because of the smaller strap system on the chest. I think the R25 would be fine (good) for sport bike riding... but for dirt biking or dual sport I much prefer the R20 (I have both).

And yes, you can load that sucker up with anything you want and ride all day in comfort.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #1185
Dkizerian
Honky Lips

Oddometer: 80
Does the overlander15 come with the mounting buttons and bolts? I'm considering getting one and building a single pack mount similar to the adv platform and wonder if I'll need to figure out mounting the pack to my platform, or if the parts come with the kit.
Thanks
Dk
Dkizerian is offline   Reply With Quote