Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2014, 12:22 AM   #1216
pklop
shit happens

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Please be aware that with that unorthodox RotopaX arrangement, it would be a good idea to place something soft between the gas can and the liner to prevent objects in the liner damaging the liner. Please also be sure to avoid getting petrol on the liner because it could damage the waterproof coating.
I shall take your advice to heart Michael.
Thank you very much.
I also intend to only put soft luggage, like waterproof clothing and such things, in the bag with the rotopax.

Peter
pklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:23 AM   #1217
pklop
shit happens

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Tivo View Post
What Pannier racks are you using? And what type of bag is the small one and what are you using it for?

Thanks
Felipe
That's the Kriega US-5 bag. I have one on both sides of the bike. Those two together gives me 10 liters of storage room. The one on the left (that you saw) has room to spare. The other one is pictured below.

I use it for storage of a first-aid kit with additional supplies, my tool-roll, a tubeless tire repair kit, a small fuel siphon hose and some straps. Those are the things i always want to bring with me even when riding without additional soft-luggage (the overlander) or aluminium suitcases.

The rack is for the Givi Trekker Outback suitcases. I use one such a case on the right/muffler side when not venturing offroad. This rack is not suited for the Kriega Overlander system (although i made it work). You're beter off with a rack from touratech and the like if you want to use the overlander platform.

pklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #1218
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,229
Picture from RR:http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=945633&page=4

We Come In Pieces - Budget travels from UK to Mongolia (northern route)

Post #49
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #1219
spaceman_spiff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Has there been any thoughts on making the overlander kit bigger? I feel like an option for 20 or 25 liters per side would be really ideal and give people more options
spaceman_spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #1220
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Hi mate,

The subframe that the Scrambler shares with the Bonneville makes it super-easy to fit. All you need to do, is remove the seat one time, to attach the smaller web loops to the tubing on either side, positioning / spacing / setting the length as desired. Then pop the seat back on and hook the bag in.

All depends on whether you need the capacity of a backpack, as well as the hydration kit, really. If you don't need the space, go for the Hydro-3, which is designed solely for that job and almost unnoticeable on your back. It comes with the Hydrapak in there and will save you money compared to a backpack + Hydrapak combo.

The Hydro-3 does have a zipper pocket and shock cord for carrying smaller items, but if you need more space, then it all comes down to how much space: 15 (R15) or 20 (R20) liters

Cheers,

Michael
The Hyrdo 3, straps, and other little goodies showed up today.

Once again I'm impressed by the development team at Kreiga. The Hydro 3 fits more comfortably than I imagined, and the angled bite valve means I can drink from it without taking off my full face helmet. I can't wait to actually use it on a ride. I just need it to get above freezing here long enough for the ice to melt first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman_spiff View Post
Has there been any thoughts on making the overlander kit bigger? I feel like an option for 20 or 25 liters per side would be really ideal and give people more options
There's an Overlander 60, which gives 30 liters per side. Or did you mean bigger version of the 30, one that doesn't need a frame system?
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #1221
spaceman_spiff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
There's an Overlander 60, which gives 30 liters per side. Or did you mean bigger version of the 30, one that doesn't need a frame system?
Yea a bigger version of the 30. I can't imagine using the overlander 60 on a thumper bike.
spaceman_spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #1222
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,971
Photography by James Weeks: Sandblast 2014 &emdash; IMG_8061

Kriega sighting!

R15 and tailbag

Sandblast Rally, Cheraw, SC
Old 03-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #1223
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 656

A 5 Liter on the tank, a 10 on the 20 and the 20 on the tail, and an Overlander on the frame. That's a lot of storage on Scram now. Add in the Hydra I'd be wearing on my back, and I think I might be biased towards a certain company...

Now if only this snow would melt....
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #1224
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,308
Michael,

I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to buy Kreiga stuff here in the US. Have 2 or 3 backpacks and a number of US-20's.

I use my Enduro 3 more than anything but have one issue with it I hope you can solve. As my screen name suggests, I'm not a little guy. Add armor and/or a riding jacket and I'm a big dude. Big enough that closing the sternum strap (circled in red below) is pretty much impossible. Do you all sell, or would you please sell, a sternum strap extender? I've tried to make one myself but can't seem to be able to find the buckles you all use.

Much thanks!! Scott

"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #1225
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Michael,

I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to buy Kreiga stuff here in the US. Have 2 or 3 backpacks and a number of US-20's.

I use my Enduro 3 more than anything but have one issue with it I hope you can solve. As my screen name suggests, I'm not a little guy. Add armor and/or a riding jacket and I'm a big dude. Big enough that closing the sternum strap (circled in red below) is pretty much impossible. Do you all sell, or would you please sell, a sternum strap extender? I've tried to make one myself but can't seem to be able to find the buckles you all use.

Much thanks!! Scott

Blackhawk drop leg holsters use these kind of buckles maybe you can find something...
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #1226
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,437
http://www.blackhawk.com/Catalog/Dis...Leg%20Platform
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:32 AM   #1227
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,308
Ahhh, that could work if Michael can't hook me up with something.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #1228
Madscientist
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
I've been considering a US30 drypack for my 2005 BMW 650GS thumper, but was hoping to get feedback on whether anyone has successfully fit the US30 directly to the rear rack of this bike. I'd appreciate any feedback or input.
Madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #1229
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madscientist View Post
I've been considering a US30 drypack for my 2005 BMW 650GS thumper, but was hoping to get feedback on whether anyone has successfully fit the US30 directly to the rear rack of this bike. I'd appreciate any feedback or input.
Post of picture of the rack and those of us that have the bag should be able to give you a good idea as to how it would work.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #1230
indio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Is there a advrider discount I could use for my order placed on Kreiga site?
indio is offline   Reply With Quote