Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #1291
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
I've been careful to file down the edges to make sure there are no burrs or sharp spots. I'll play around with it. I think slipping the hook and cinching might be just about as quick. Then I would use the buckles to release the bag.

I used the little loops under the bag to "tend" the hooks this evening. Thanks for the tip, that really cleans up the operation.

Those Rack Loops sure look nice, but I think $60 is honestly a bit rich for my blood.

ac
No worries, ac. Glad to be of service. But do be careful not to loose the straps or allow them to dangle down onto any hot parts that could melt 'em.

Enjoy your rides with Kriega!

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:12 AM   #1292
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
I use the rack loops on some of my fenders, but I also just burned a 6mm hole in some 1" web strap, made a nice size loop ( like what you see on the rack loops ) and bolted the strap to my rack with a fender washer.

Hope I didn't foil a sale for you Michael??

Quite a few posts back, you made mention that the R20 is a better off road back pack than the R25, can you please tell me why?

I have a Hydro Pack, an R15 and an R25 at the moment.

Cheers.
Haha! Ah, mate! Hopefully you know by now, that I'm not actually here to sell. Sure, it's great if a sale is the end result, but all I try to do is present the options and provide information to aid with the decision-making progress. Talking someone into gear they really don't need, is the type of sharp practice that tends to bite one on the ass.

And on that note... The R25 works just fine off-road, but it was designed more as an all-rounder, as opposed to the R15, which was developed specifically for dirt. The R20 is just a slightly larger (those extra 5 liters capacity make it a great street pack too) version of that, with slight styling differences.

The R15 and R20 are more compact (the sort of capacity one needs for survival / maintenance essentials, as opposed to laptops etc), lighter weight, shorter in the back (less contact with seat on descents etc and sit high enough to be teamed with a waistpack) and feature internal compression sleeves for reservoirs (the other packs have a standard sleeve), plus a drain hole in the base of the bag in case of submersion etc. Plus, they use the QUADLOC-lite harness, which covers less surface area and therefore venting etc (off-road riding is generally more strenuous than street stuff. It is also more suited to wearing over body armor and neck braces etc. They also have the removable waist strap for when things get overly rough.

That said, these lads didn't have a problem getting the R25 (old version prior to 2013 upgrades shown) properly dirty :

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC

amanlikemike screwed with this post 03-19-2014 at 09:20 AM
Old 03-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #1293
Ryno041
Do it! You won't...

Oddometer: 50
Dual purpose

If I got the overlander 60 for my 990, could I just buy the 'mounts' for the 30 so I can also use it on my 450 or 650?
2007 WR450F
1987 TT350
Ryno041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #1294
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno041 View Post
If I got the overlander 60 for my 990, could I just buy the 'mounts' for the 30 so I can also use it on my 450 or 650?
Short answer: yep!

I just haven't had chance to get them on the site yet. Fire me an email via the website and I'll sort it out.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 03-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #1295
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,623
Post deleted due to outdated product info.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.

team ftb screwed with this post 03-20-2014 at 08:54 AM
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:43 PM   #1296
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,229
There is no perfect do everything bike.
There is no perfect do everything pack.

Kriega gets as close to what you need as anyone. The versatility, fit to finish construction, expansion and truly water proof construction really separates them from Wolfman, Tour Spec and others.

I am a poser wonna be so YMMV.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:02 AM   #1297
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
Droptrotter - Another reason for the R15 over say an R25 (assuming capacity is ok) in my eyes was the bladder placement. 3 liters of water weighs 7 pounds, and the R25 had the bladder placed the farthest away from the spine as was possible, in an external compartment on the outside. In Michael s picture above you can see the bladder placement on the R25. This meant the 7 pound weight was placed farther from your spine in comparison to the R15 that places the water bladder right next to your spine.

The R15 also has a tidier hydration tube routing in comparison to the R25 as you can see in Michael s pic above. On the R25 since the bladder was stored in the outside compartment on the pack the tube was routed through a partially open zipper and routed to the shoulder strap without support.

In comparison on the R15 the tube is routed through tube keepers along the pack strap and routed into a purpose built tube opening in the top of the shoulder harness to access the bladder that's nestled into a sleeve in the usual location next to your spine. No slop in the hydration tube anywhere and the seven pounds of water is right against your back versus being hung on the exterior of the R25.

Edit: Not sure if the 2014 R25 has been changed but my above description was how the packs were designed when I was shopping for packs early 2013.
That's how my R20 routes the tube as well
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:52 AM   #1298
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
That's how my R20 routes the tube as well
Good news. Can you confirm the R20 also holds the water bladder in a sleeve next to your back?

Old 03-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #1299
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Edit: Not sure if the 2014 R25 has been changed but my above description was how the packs were designed when I was shopping for packs early 2013.
Hi mate,

Yep: the R25 was updated mid-way through last year. One of the changes, was that it became fully hydration compatible in that the reservoir is now housed against the back plate (in the same position as the R15 / R20 - just not in a compression sleeve), with a Velcro loop to keep it upright and the tube routed out of a covered duct in the top of the main compartment.

The R30 and R35 also got the same treatment, so that all Kriega packs now function perfectly in this respect.

Cheers,

MW

BritKit LLC

amanlikemike screwed with this post 03-20-2014 at 08:34 AM
Old 03-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #1300
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Good news. Can you confirm the R20 also holds the water bladder in a sleeve next to your back?
See post above.

BritKit LLC
Old 03-20-2014, 08:31 AM   #1301
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
There is no perfect do everything bike.
There is no perfect do everything pack.

Kriega gets as close to what you need as anyone. The versatility, fit to finish construction, expansion and truly water proof construction really separates them from Wolfman, Tour Spec and others.

I am a poser wonna be so YMMV.
Amen, brother!

BritKit LLC
Old 03-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #1302
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Michael - Thanks for the updated info I'll go ahead and edit my post as it's now incorrect with the great updates made to the 2014 packs.

Edit: Post 1297 above contains my comments made in error please disregard my comments quoted in post #1297.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:56 PM   #1303
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:

Edit: Post 1297 above contains my comments made in error please disregard my comments quoted in post #1297.
Good, now I don't have to respond which I was going to do earlier, but did not have the time.

Thanks for posting anyhow FTB!

Cheers

Droptarotter screwed with this post 03-20-2014 at 04:07 PM
Droptarotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #1304
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Haha! Ah, mate! Hopefully you know by now, that I'm not actually here to sell. Sure, it's great if a sale is the end result, but all I try to do is present the options and provide information to aid with the decision-making progress. Talking someone into gear they really don't need, is the type of sharp practice that tends to bite one on the ass.

And on that note... The R25 works just fine off-road, but it was designed more as an all-rounder, as opposed to the R15, which was developed specifically for dirt. The R20 is just a slightly larger (those extra 5 liters capacity make it a great street pack too) version of that, with slight styling differences.

The R15 and R20 are more compact (the sort of capacity one needs for survival / maintenance essentials, as opposed to laptops etc), lighter weight, shorter in the back (less contact with seat on descents etc and sit high enough to be teamed with a waistpack) and feature internal compression sleeves for reservoirs (the other packs have a standard sleeve), plus a drain hole in the base of the bag in case of submersion etc. Plus, they use the QUADLOC-lite harness, which covers less surface area and therefore venting etc (off-road riding is generally more strenuous than street stuff. It is also more suited to wearing over body armor and neck braces etc. They also have the removable waist strap for when things get overly rough.

That said, these lads didn't have a problem getting the R25 (old version prior to 2013 upgrades shown) properly dirty :

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,

Michael
Thanks Michael;

Looks like my R25 is one of the older ones. I don't really need that much space anymore, so I think it will be up for sale so I can purchase a new R20.

Cheers
Old 03-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #1305
boxerkuh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Laugh wow

Michael, not only did I order my stuff from you via phone yesterday around 12:30pm your time, but it already arrived today when I came home inbetween jobs at 16:00. So that is about 24 hours (I am not sure when it got delivered) from order to receiving, don't think it can get any better than that. Only shows that is why I am (like many others) a repeat customer and love this gear.

Thank you for outstanding customer service. The product is great and in my book sells itself, but the hands on advise, feedback and comments in general in addition to knowledge of the entire line are second to none!! The customer service is refreshing. Thank's a bunch.

Thank you for all you do. Keep up the great work
boxerkuh is offline   Reply With Quote