User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 04:40 PM   #1336
ZenMoto
Bikeslut

Oddometer: 677
Hey Mike,
I sent you a PM about my Rack Loops. ...and just got my R15 pack in the mail.

Save $5 on a photo hosting accout at
https://www.smugmug.com/signup.mg by inserting cupon code R1bXVzHCYtHts
ZenMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #1337
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMoto View Post
Hey Mike,
I sent you a PM about my Rack Loops. ...and just got my R15 pack in the mail.

Forgot - sorry!

Looks like tax ‘silly season’, plus scrambling to get my bike put back together for a trip this weekend appears to have gotten the better of me for a while there!

Any road up (as they say in my home county!), it's packed up and ready for our very sweet mail lady to collect tomorrow afternoon. All being well, you'll have it on Friday.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #1338
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
Man....i have to get my graphics done.........
Don't know about that mate - I dig the 'clean' white vibe you got going on there - way nicer than the race bike IMHO. But if you do decide to tart her up, I know a man who can help with that:

That's an example of what Crispy can do for a 690. He has a Vendor's thread on here. Top lad, top quality stuff, well priced.

Dead happy with what we worked out for my 990:

Just in case, like...

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #1339
ZenMoto
Bikeslut

Oddometer: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post

Forgot - sorry!

Looks like tax ‘silly season’, plus scrambling to get my bike put back together for a trip this weekend appears to have gotten the better of me for a while there!

Any road up (as they say in my home county!), it's packed up and ready for our very sweet mail lady to collect tomorrow afternoon. All being well, you'll have it on Friday.

Cheers,

Michael
You're the man!

Save $5 on a photo hosting accout at
https://www.smugmug.com/signup.mg by inserting cupon code R1bXVzHCYtHts
ZenMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:19 AM   #1340
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 969
Do you have any pix of the various bags in a collapsed state...I am looking for a tailbag that would be a permanent mount on my 990, maybe holding just a few items that I dont often need to get to, with the bag mostly collapsed, but one which would expand to, say, a cubic foot and a half (12x12x18)...very approximately. I would rather it had a small footprint when collapsed...like a foot square or less. I currently use a variety of pelican boxes, depending on what I think I need to carry, but always seem to get caught out with the wrong size at the wrong time...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Old 04-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #1341
k1322
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Looking at investing in the Kriega US-system. All other of their products are simply awesome. My selection of luggage is based on several criteria, and the Kriega US simply fulfill them all. Probably do a smaller rollbag on the rear rack as well.

Opinions and pictures of the Kriega US70 combo (US30 + two US20) are rare. Mostly because the stand-alone US30 isn't that old. If you have that setup, please share.

Planning to fit a US30 + two US20 side mounted on the US30 (as in the US70 combo) on my XT660R pillion seat. My concern is that its to big. A US30 + two US10 might be more sensible. That does however make less sense, as the US20 can be made smaller. Doing a US20 + two US10 is an alternative, but doesn't provide much space.

Please share your experience of US70 (30+20+20), US50 (30+10+10) and US40 (20+10+10 combinations to help me decide. There are no store to test-mount these stuff at.

Kriega US70 product image:
k1322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #1342
RozzyCat
Bleeds orange

Oddometer: 441
US30 & US20 setup

I use a 30 and 20 on the rear for long trips. My bag, tent, pad and camp clothes fit into the 30 nice and tight. So packing/unpacking is simple. Rok straps help to make the setup off road bulletproof. Oh - they make air drying wet articles a snap too. That's a US10 upfront for my tank bag. Perfect for its low profile and charging electronics on-the-go while keeping them safe and dry.

IMG_0500 IMG_0502
Old 04-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #1343
5280 Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Can you let us know what you use the most and what all you can fit in each one. I am thinks about the 30 but not sure if it's under or over kill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Dude.

I think you've got more than I have!

5280 Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #1344
5280 Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
How big is your tent(2-3 person) poles too and sleeping bag? If it's not a PIA could you post pics of the item out side of the 30 to get a idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RozzyCat View Post
I use a 30 and 20 on the rear for long trips. My bag, tent, pad and camp clothes fit into the 30 nice and tight. So packing/unpacking is simple. Rok straps help to make the setup off road bulletproof. Oh - they make air drying wet articles a snap too. That's a US10 upfront for my tank bag. Perfect for its low profile and charging electronics on-the-go while keeping them safe and dry.

IMG_0500 IMG_0502
5280 Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #1345
neilsee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Im planning on stacking a 20 and 30 on a scrambler for a trip up from SF to Canada.
neilsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:00 AM   #1346
RozzyCat
Bleeds orange

Oddometer: 441
US30 & US20 contents

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280 Rider View Post
How big is your tent(2-3 person) poles too and sleeping bag? If it's not a PIA could you post pics of the item out side of the 30 to get a idea.
Here are my US30 contents from top: Big Angnes pad (long), BA bag in compression dry bag (long), BA 2-person tent in orange light dry bag, Coolmax bag liner, extra foot print, headlamp, pillow. The "long" pad and bag do take up more space than "regular" length. Tent poles and stakes ride in the (not waterproof) tent bag atop my right pannier since it ok for them to get wet. I was mistaken earlier as my camp clothes/shoes, electric jacket and backup hard drive ride inside the US20. Hope this helps.

US30
IMG_0509 IMG_0507
Old 04-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #1347
BrennMan
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Just spotted y'all on Airline, small world. Bike looked sweet!!

Edit: and a second time, now I'm sounding like a creep. I was northbound on 10 and saw y'all across the way. Hope y'all didn't end up too soggy, we know the gear is dry!

BrennMan screwed with this post 04-04-2014 at 10:32 AM
BrennMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #1348
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Ok so here is the deal, I don't have quite the fancy bikes that are shown here that are bright and shiny.

I have had my same Kriega luggage since my bike was new 2 years ago. These bags have far surpassed my expectations. I originally got them because I wanted something different.

I beat the crap out of my bike. It is ridden very hard in the rocks, tumbled and flipped down hills and unfortunately crashed hard more than once. I have ridden in downpours, exteme cold and 100+ degree weather.

Here is how they look today:

This one got a small tear from tumbling through some sharp rocks about a year ago, a little silicone and it's good as new.

Here are the rest of them as of this morning.

Please note the smashed and gouged exhaust. That's what caused the other one to tear I just swapped the bag to other side.

These are the only bags on my bike that remain 100% waterproof. In an emergency, you could remove and fill the liners with water. These bags have been bombproof! And the Rack Loops work perfectly every time when really loading my beast down.

My other bags, while nice, end up getting everything wet in any kind of damp weather or washing my bike.

The other products such as my R15 backpack is the most comfortable pack I have ever owned. I'm going to get the R25 when I'm ready to purchase another.

And lets not forget the pull straps. WAY BETTER than the "tuggers" brand. You can actually get a grip on these in wet muddy weather. Kriega has some really great engineers who obviously ride. Sorry, no bags on this bike. Purpose built for hard core single track.

And hiking trails LOL

So lets get on about what I don't like about the bags. WHOOPS! Not the fault of the bags, But when going through fast whoops the pendulum effect of the bags makes the bike a handful. But that would be with any saddle bags not just Kriegas.

Another thing to note is I have had my suspension sprung and valved for my bike all bagged and fueled up as you see in the photos. When I strip off the bags and put on the stock 2 gallon tank, my Beta is transformed into a full blown, hard edged race machine.

Thank you Michael for selling me a great product!
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!

ballisticexchris screwed with this post 04-04-2014 at 11:35 AM
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #1349
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,636
Kriega tuggers!!

I'll echo Ballistic Chris's experience of the Tuggers. I've used competitors versions, homemade versions, etc. The Kriega tuggers are head and shoulders above in terms of usage and quality.

On this bike poking out underneath the tube bag. I really appreciate the way the Kriega tuggers keep their shape (better seen in Chris's pic above) providing an effortless handle to reach out and grab. I've even used it tow the bike up ledges with webbing. Stout stuff!!.

Stretching the arms prepping for yanking on the Kriega tugger to get out of this quicksand.

Edit: Chris that's an interesting method to keep the exhaust quiet on the 300. I bet it's stealthy for poaching areas you may not technically be allowed to ride?
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.

team ftb screwed with this post 04-04-2014 at 12:33 PM
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #1350
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
[QUOTE=team ftb;23856989]I'll echo Ballistic Chris's experience of the Tuggers. I've used competitors versions, homemade versions, etc. The Kriega tuggers are head and shoulders above in terms of usage and quality.

On this bike poking out underneath the tube bag. I really appreciate the way the Kriega tuggers keep their shape (better seen in Chris's pic above) providing an effortless handle to reach out and grab. I've even used it tow the bike up ledges with webbing. Stout stuff!!.

THANK YOU! What a great idea for the mounting the Kriega tugger. I'm going to have to try that out under my tube bag.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote