ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 10:14 AM   #1366
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
Mike,

How about a handle on the bags so there is a way to carry them off the bike other than dealing with the shoulder strap every time?

A buddy had to deface the Kriega!



ac
Hi ac,

Not the first time this request has been put forth and I have passed it on to the lads back in the UK for their consideration.

I'm fairly sure that, if there was a decent attachment point for a grab handle (the D-rings your buddy used will work, but are not ideal), a handle would be available. Because there doesn't appear to be an official solution at this point, it might be something they can work into the design when the US Packs next get 'looked at'. Can't say precisely when that might be, but everyone subscribed to this thread, following Kriega USA on Facebook, or signed up to our email newsletter will be the first to know.


Cheers,



Michael
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:07 AM   #1367
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Hi ac,

Not the first time this request has been put forth and I have passed it on to the lads back in the UK for their consideration.

I'm fairly sure that, if there was a decent attachment point for a grab handle (the D-rings your buddy used will work, but are not ideal), a handle would be available. Because there doesn't appear to be an official solution at this point, it might be something they can work into the design when the US Packs next get 'looked at'. Can't say precisely when that might be, but everyone subscribed to this thread, following Kriega USA on Facebook, or signed up to our email newsletter will be the first to know.


Cheers,



Michael
Michael,

Thanks for addressing the idea. I see you say the D rings are not "ideal", is there a concern? Those are the same D rings the shoulder strap attaches to...

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #1368
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
Michael,

Thanks for addressing the idea. I see you say the D rings are not "ideal", is there a concern? Those are the same D rings the shoulder strap attaches to...

ac
Yeah - while the stitching on the webbing that secures the D-rings is solid, carrying the pack vertically can put a fair bit of stress on the q/r closure clips. The shoulder strap attaches to one D-ring on the top and another on the base of the pack, so it distributes the load differently. Like so:



Cheers,



Michael
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:13 PM   #1369
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Yeah - while the stitching on the webbing that secures the D-rings is solid, carrying the pack vertically can put a fair bit of stress on the q/r closure clips. The shoulder strap attaches to one D-ring on the top and another on the base of the pack, so it distributes the load differently. Like so:



Cheers,



Michael
Michael,

I figured that is what you would say. Any thoughts if putting the handle on the bottom would be any better?

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #1370
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
Michael,

I figured that is what you would say. Any thoughts if putting the handle on the bottom would be any better?

ac
Possibly, but not so much.

That said, as long as the bag isn't getting out of shape/ damaged and your gear isn't falling out of it, whatever works, works!
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:00 AM   #1371
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: West Nebraska
Oddometer: 969
Im assuming that a handle would put too much strain on the stitching especially as it is the "reverse" direction (?). Why not run straps from the bottom D's around the sides (under or even attached to the compression straps) to the top, through the top D's maybe and attach a handle to that? Is the shoulder strap long enough to go right round the bag? The strap would take all the weight.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
__________________
2009 KTM Adventure
RoundOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #1372
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 6,280
Good stuff !







For the ride to Kern from Yosemite I used my new R35 with my US10 piggybacked and had sent my R30 which I used on the day rides... AS ALWAYS..... they performed flawlessly !!!!!! Thanks Mike and Kriega for the race and ride support !
__________________
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #1373
BunGhoLeo
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Bardstown, Kentucky
Oddometer: 13
Just wanted to give a shout out to Michael and Kriega.

Michael is an absolute pleasure to deal with, and Kriega gear is awesome.

Here's a US-5 holding my tool roll, and an R20 Back Pack with 3 liter bladder, and front pull strap. Still need to mount the rear pull strap.

BunGhoLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #1374
Angelzilla
n00b
 
Angelzilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: the Netherlands
Oddometer: 2
In regards to the post from AVC8130, please see my pictures for attaching a carrying handles to the Kriega bags:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...3#post22551043 (post nr. 968)

Based on idea's from other members, I indeed was able to feed the carrying strap through the D-rings. It is a bit cumbersome, but it works.

Regards,

Angelo
Angelzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #1375
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post






For the ride to Kern from Yosemite I used my new R35 with my US10 piggybacked and had sent my R30 which I used on the day rides... AS ALWAYS..... they performed flawlessly !!!!!! Thanks Mike and Kriega for the race and ride support !
Outstanding bad-assery, as always, bruv.

You just keep on keeping on now, ya hear!?
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #1376
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunGhoLeo View Post
Just wanted to give a shout out to Michael and Kriega.

Michael is an absolute pleasure to deal with, and Kriega gear is awesome.

Here's a US-5 holding my tool roll, and an R20 Back Pack with 3 liter bladder, and front pull strap. Still need to mount the rear pull strap.

The pleasure is all mine, mate!

Thanks for trusting your ride to Kriega. And also for the photos of your wicked bike!


Have a good one!
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #1377
MotoJim
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MotoJim's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Searching....
Oddometer: 212
Overlander 60 Install

Installed my Overlander 60 setup this weekend. It takes some patience. The importance of a good threadlocker cannot be stressed too much. The Loctite brand only has a two year shelf life from date of manufacture. I'm not sure about Permatex and others. I must confess that I had some Locktite in the garage that is over the two year shelf life.

Loctite 2400 is included with the kit. This is the Brit version of the medium threadlocker. I'm not sure what the US version of 2400 would be, maybe 242 or 243. Maybe Mike could tell us.

This is not a one-beer install. Prepare yourself up front and don't get in a rush.

Without patience I could see how someone could bugger things up.

Like many other things, it will be so much easier the next time.
MotoJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #1378
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer
 
tilliejacques's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: northern New Mexico
Oddometer: 317
Hi,
Will the R15 work with a neck brace like a Leatt or similar?

Thanks!
__________________
11 Husky TE250
08 Beta Rev3 125
tilliejacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #1379
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilliejacques View Post
Hi,
Will the R15 work with a neck brace like a Leatt or similar?

Thanks!
Short answer: yep! Perfectly.

Lemme know if you need a longer answer.


Cheers,


MW
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:38 AM   #1380
Pilotmaverick
n00b
 
Joined: May 2014
Oddometer: 1
Hello together.
I just received my first Kriega pack.
Since I live in Germany I could not order it with Michael. Unfortunately the store I ordered with sucked pretty hard. I have to finde a different source in the future.

I read almost through the hole thread but there where still a few questions I could not get answered. Especially regarding to my Bike and how I could mount the pack the best way. I drive a KTM SMC 640 (2004). Sure that is not the typical adventure bike, but this is by far the best thread I could find online which explained the Kriega system. So I want to give something back and show you in detail how I mounted my US10.

First I wasn't sure about mounting it all the way back on the fender. So I decided to try it with the back of the seat.



Yep that just looks awful and did not work good in any way. It just was to close to my back while sitting on the Bike.

I then gave it a shot and installed it all the way back on the fender.
I disassembled the fender from the frame so I could reach the frame. After installing the straps it was quite a tight fit to assemble the fender again but with a little bit of force I got it back on.
So that you don't wonder, I did not wanted to cut the loop straps because I wasn't sure if this will be the final position. So I tried to "store" it as nice and needly as possible and secured it with zip ties. I don't think that they will come loose.

I will now just dump the pictures in here. If you have more questions please let me know.
Pilotmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014