ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #91
DangerMoney
Loud Helmets Save Lives
 
DangerMoney's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Escondido, CA, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Local Group
Oddometer: 1,418
I used this:

http://www.permatex.com/products/aut...ve_Sealant.htm



$5.99 at Ace Hardware
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie2wheels
Even so I wouldn't sit there like a shag on a rock, waiting to be punched up the arse into next week by the next negligent drongo who happens to come along.
DangerMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #92
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,212
Thanks Guys.. Those look great IMO.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #93
markie_wales
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Hampshire, UK
Oddometer: 919
Mine finally arrived at Chateaux Wales today after being held for ransom by the customs guys. Held them up to the tank. Left side perfect (and I mean PERFECT) fit, right side tight at the front a couple of mill max loose at the back. Will add plenty of RTV silicon sealant on the rear of that one.

Out tonight to meet a mate who has a load of clamps, which I can borrow for the price of a pint of London Pride, which seems a very fair trade. Won't fit them under the influence though So guards arrived, meeting a mate, borrowing clamps and having a pint with a mate - not a bad day in my book.

Agree with all the comments on "oh yes, they are plenty strong enough".

cheers

Markie
__________________
- "Dad, when I grow up I want to ride motorbikes like you do." -------- "Son, you can't do both."
- Only bikers understand why dogs like to stick their heads out of car windows.
markie_wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #94
Questor
More Undestructable
 
Questor's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Diamond Bar, CA.
Oddometer: 4,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by markie_wales View Post
So guards arrived, meeting a mate, borrowing clamps and having a pint with a mate - not a bad day in my book.
That's sounds like too much information....
You British are crazy.

But we understand what you mean.
Be sure to post pics.

Q~
Questor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #95
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck
 
dogsslober's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Morgan Hill Ca
Oddometer: 785
Woo Hoo

Got mine in the mail today
dogsslober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #96
markie_wales
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Hampshire, UK
Oddometer: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor View Post
That's sounds like too much information....
You British are crazy.

But we understand what you mean.
Be sure to post pics.

Q~
What a nightmare - I thought the clamps would make this easy, but they just slide down as I tightened them. Ended up with gaffer tape, wooden strut, bungie cord etc. God alone knows how I'll get pressure on when I do the other side tomorow. I am all ears if anyone has any tips!! No really - how did you do it?

Oh and just for Quesrtor, the Abbot Ale was really nicely kept, warm outside, shot the breeze with Matt

EDIT: sorry about the pic size - I'll blame photobucket.



cheers

Markie
__________________
- "Dad, when I grow up I want to ride motorbikes like you do." -------- "Son, you can't do both."
- Only bikers understand why dogs like to stick their heads out of car windows.
markie_wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #97
kanur
cu new er
 
kanur's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
Oddometer: 676
Cam buckle straps like in post 86 of this thread

BTW I used a black magic marker to color the raw cut edge of the guard before installing it.
__________________
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nuth'n to say. Mike Cooley DBT
kanur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #98
DangerMoney
Loud Helmets Save Lives
 
DangerMoney's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Escondido, CA, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Local Group
Oddometer: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by markie_wales View Post
I am all ears if anyone has any tips!! No really - how did you do it?
Markie,
I used this:



and the results:




__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie2wheels
Even so I wouldn't sit there like a shag on a rock, waiting to be punched up the arse into next week by the next negligent drongo who happens to come along.
DangerMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:36 AM   #99
markie_wales
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Hampshire, UK
Oddometer: 919
Thanks Guys - I used tape on the LHS and it seems OK this morning. Need some more RTV SS so may piuck up a strap as well.

cheers

Markie
__________________
- "Dad, when I grow up I want to ride motorbikes like you do." -------- "Son, you can't do both."
- Only bikers understand why dogs like to stick their heads out of car windows.
markie_wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #100
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by markie_wales View Post
What a nightmare - I thought the clamps would make this easy, but they just slide down as I tightened them. Ended up with gaffer tape, wooden strut, bungie cord etc. God alone knows how I'll get pressure on when I do the other side tomorow. I am all ears if anyone has any tips!! No really - how did you do it?

Oh and just for Quesrtor, the Abbot Ale was really nicely kept, warm outside, shot the breeze with Matt

EDIT: sorry about the pic size - I'll blame photobucket.



cheers

Markie
Sorry your having problems Mate... I also used tape and a single clamp on my installation, Make sure you dont overtighten things when they are setting up. I like the strap approach as well. Theres just no easy spot to get a clamp on.
I used a zig zag bead leaving about an inch between the various beads of silicon.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #101
Misery Goat
Positating the negative
 
Misery Goat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Paradise Valley, AZ
Oddometer: 74,776
Not sure where we are in this thread but as a reminder please do not use this thread to solicit sales. R&D only here, sales need to go to vendors, please.
__________________
"So what you gonna do when the novelty is gone.."-- Joy Division

Same as it ever was


My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #102
markie_wales
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Hampshire, UK
Oddometer: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Sorry your having problems Mate... I also used tape and a single clamp on my installation, Make sure you dont overtighten things when they are setting up. I like the strap approach as well. Theres just no easy spot to get a clamp on.
I used a zig zag bead leaving about an inch between the various beads of silicon.
All sorted now - helped buying a rachet strap. I also did the zig zag thing so all ready for the annual off road trip :-)

Love them!

cheers

Markie
__________________
- "Dad, when I grow up I want to ride motorbikes like you do." -------- "Son, you can't do both."
- Only bikers understand why dogs like to stick their heads out of car windows.
markie_wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #103
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,212
How are these holding up for everyone?? winner or not so hot??
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #104
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck
 
dogsslober's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Morgan Hill Ca
Oddometer: 785
Pretty rugged

There hanging tough, drug them on the ground a few times and they have not budged. Better them than myTank
dogsslober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #105
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsslober View Post
There hanging tough, drug them on the ground a few times and they have not budged. Better them than myTank
It looks like you put those to good use
I also see some texture peeling off, not so great. will work on that one...Thanks
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014