Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #46
AZ-Twin
Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerSickle View Post
Just be sure to put the non-weighing wheel on a block to raise it off the ground the same height as the wheel on the scale to avoid weight shift.
I agree, the proper way to do this is to put the other wheel on a block so the bike is level. However one night my neighbor and I were weighing bikes, and we decided to weigh a bike again without the non weighted wheel up on the block, and I was surprised the difference was negligible. Digital bathroom scale read the exact same number regardless. I was surprised as I thought it would be a pound or two different.

Regarding 990 Weight. I used an analog scale, my 2011 990 ADV R with about half a tank of fuel, 2 into 1 Remus exhaust, Adventurespec bash plate, KTM luggage racks and KTM crash bars, HDB hand guards, and a few other bits n pieces weighs 500LBS.

As far as the accuracy of various scales goes, I called up the land fill who has a state certified scale. I asked how accurate it was, they said it was certified to be within either 50 or 20 LBS, I can't remember which. So, if someone tells you they have a certified scale, be sure to find out what the certification is.

My G650 Xchallenge wth luggage racks, bash plate, fuel, ready to pack for a trip is 365LBS.
2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote