Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #211
BrandonR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
yeah, The 600K is a problem. but it is nice to know 7lbs of explosives can go off under your truck and all you get is a flat tire.
Pretty sure it knocked out the rear driveshaft too. The rear wheels weren't helping it get out of the hole.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #212
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonR View Post
Pretty sure it knocked out the rear driveshaft too. The rear wheels weren't helping it get out of the hole.
Eh. Shit happens
Old 05-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #213
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
Eh. Shit happens

That fact that it even started is amazing. I still want one.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #214
nulluser
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
I think I'll just pack an amplifier and some Justin Bieber CDs. I figure the zombies will simply kill themselves to stop the pain.
nulluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #215
Thanantos OP
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by nulluser View Post
I think I'll just pack an amplifier and some Justin Bieber CDs. I figure the zombies will simply kill themselves to stop the pain.
Maybe that's how they BECAME zombies.

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #216
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

Oddometer: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by nulluser View Post
Like a Boss!
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #217
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
Its not volatility its mass...the .45 has a lot more mass at a slower speed than say A 9MM. If you hit a average size man or Zombie in the chest he will fall backward
from tv_tropes Blown Across the Room
Quote:
"Any outdoorsman will tell you the most frustrating part of hunting is when a deer simply FALLS DOWN when shot, and doesn't FLY BACKWARD into the forest."
In a movie, you can reasonably expect a gun to be able to do anything, . . . as here, throwing a normal-sized human clean across a room with a single shot. Preferably through a Sheet of Glass while it's at it.

Boxer's fist vs a Bullet?
there are massive mechanical differences between the types of collision. A bullet is a streamlined, hard object which focuses a large amount of kinetic energy onto a small area, but has relatively little momentum due to its small size in comparison to a human, meaning it has little ability to drive an object back. A boxer's fist, on the other hand, has far more momentum and a much broader contact area. The much higher pressure will cause the bullet to impart massive stress to a tiny area, causing it to penetrate rather than shove backwards; conversely, you are unlikely to see a boxer put his fist through his opponent's torso because of the very low pressure caused by the large contact area. High-powered rifles just make the bullet still more likely to go through the target rather than be stopped and have to shove it back.[
Quote:
....it may not kill them instantly but they will be knocked on their ass....Hollow points are preferred
That would tend to be somewhat impressive: Just how can a member of the Walking Dead be killed? Could one (for instance) walk into a mortuary and proceed to "kill" the corpses stored there?
Quote:
I agree shot placement is going to be the biggest factor but lets face it...in a Zombie attack you probably don't have a lot of time to aim carefully.

I also have this little guy in .45 Long Colt.....only 24" long end to end....should do the job
How to Survive a Zombie Attack

(Lets just stick to Zombie types 3 & 4)
Quote:
The Types of Zombies

1. Haitian Voodoo Zombies: These animated corpses are the most harmless type of zombies, since they don't generally try to eat the living. Controlled by a voodoo master, they may try to kill you if that is what their master wants.6
  2. The Philosophical Zombie: These are every day people who have no sense of self or existence. They simply go through the motions of living and stop there.11 This breed many not want to eat your brains, but their thoughtlessness alone could be fatal.
  3. Hollywood Zombie: Your most typical form of zombie, they move slowly and love to feast on brains.11
  4. New School Hollywood Zombie: Unlike their predecessors, the new school Hollywood breed of zombie move quickly and climb buildings almost as well as Spider-Man.4

Fighting Zombies

Its generally a consensus that immobilizing a zombie (letting it walk into quick-setting cement, for example) goes a long way. But to permanently incapacitate a type 3 & 4 zombie one has to fully dismantle it, burn it up, decapitate it - or at least remove some 98% of its brain.

Many gun owners fall into the 'pride of gun-ownership' trap of believing their weapons are the best response to any threat of harm from any normal walking menace. A member of the Walking Dead is not a normal walking menace. Even Shaun's favored weapon- a cricket bat, used to 'knock a zombie's block off... is more effective.

Just hitting it in the torso with most types of handgun & rifle bullets does nothing in the long run.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #218
390beretta
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,021
Man, I can't believe this thread is still going. What Bullshit!
390beretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #219
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balootraveler View Post
12 pages of Zombie shit....wow lets just talk guns, I like em, you like em, we all like em.
You need to start your own thread . . . . something like "I like guns" but steer clear from posting, and verbalizing your key-strokes in places such as Transport Terminals and Airports.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #220
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
I judge this thread to be in a different league than the ones' on "Whatever happened to white dog shit?"

But maybe YOU have mistaken this Zombie Apocalypse thread for that one on
General Bullshit

Old 05-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #221
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
you need some kinda armoured vehicle i think, perhaps with chain saws all around it and a cow catcher?
What's good is an integrated approach. Get something like the 'Scoops' from Soylent Green, and make rapid deliveries . .

. . to conveyer belts, and hoppers, running into mincers and shreaders:

But you're going step up your efficiency with a mobile solution in-one-step like . . .

. . just deploying a fleet of robust mobile rotary plows.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #222
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
shad ap! I can't believe you read it just to become annoyed...Think about that, and go read something else. When the ZA happens, I will be the first to say I told ya so.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:54 AM   #223
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexau View Post
But you're going step up your efficiency with a mobile solution in-one-step like . . .

. . just deploying a fleet of robust mobile rotary plows.
Did they try to hit a pile of blocks with that plow? Or did it just happen to be in the picture... I dont think it would go through it...but I would like to see them try!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #224
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
Did they try to hit a pile of blocks with that plow? Or did it just happen to be in the picture... I dont think it would go through it...but I would like to see them try!
Looks to me like the driver is using concrete blocks to "park" the mechanism just clear of the ground. As he's chocked one of the wheels. Maybe the plow assembly where chipped paint exposes bare metal, if left flat on the dirt, is subject to the effects of corrosion which may be exacerbated when rock salt is used on snowed-over roads?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Look's like there is railway (railroad) equipment that can be put into use when zombie hordes are blocking the tracks?

vortexau screwed with this post 05-13-2012 at 06:10 PM Reason: adding more
vortexau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #225
JamesG
Rabid Poster

Oddometer: 10,946
Or it had been plowing snow then it came upon the buried cinderblocks and they left the machine where it died?
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote