Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 04:13 AM   #241
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
what worries me, is most firearms are designed to Kill humans and animals, but what if soem space aliens come in, wearing hard shells on their backs, and our current ammunition has no effect on them.

Maybe we need something completely different that can blow a hole through dragon scale armour and things
I would refer back to the AA12 with armor piercing rounds....or really any hi power rifle....say 308 or 306 with full metal jackets....

Check .30 Cal and .306 been packing a punch for a long time...worth watching it all

Old 05-15-2012, 05:41 AM   #242
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

Oddometer: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingoff View Post
flame thrower ???
Expect the unexpected i say.

Look at Tremmors, where the gun nut, had all the guns in the world, and couldnt shoot the buggers coz they were under ground and nothing he had penetrated the ground.

He resorted to IED's to blow them up and an elephant gun.
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #243
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,795
.50 BMG FTW!

All you need are some nice API (armor piercing incendiary) rounds!

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #244
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

well, since everybody has guns, but me, this is how i really roll,

Full Woodland cammo, cammo cargos, top, ninja open face style balaclava, also in woodlands, Non slip ultra thin woodland gloves.

Woodlands load bearing vest loaded with molle pockets with random survival bits, camel back pouch with 3l of water too.
on the chest,
6 Bo Throwing Knives basically a spike.
1 Double Ended Throwign Knife.
Glock Combat Knife, mostly for butchering.

Left Side, Ninjato Hand forged long aka a strait blade Sword
Ninjato Style Strait tanto, a strait knife

i have a selection of swords i choose, i do often have my katana machettess, as they are durable for hacking through shrub.

Right Side, Pair of 9 inch octaganal sci's, i find these a bit heavy though so often dont take them,

Back, Quiver of Alluminium Arrows, usualy about a dozen.
Cammo Hoyt Compound Bow, with Mounted Quiver with half a dozen arrows.

i sometimes have in my left sleve a kasari weighted chain, actually a very usefull item in the bush.

I often have all the survival bits, binocs, first aid, ability for fire, survival tarps, quight a bit of Food, Water canteen with kidney cup around it, ezbit stove, water purification tablets, t, I sometimes wear a goggles, or mesh goggles for nighttime, if im going into places with crap to protect my eyes. sometimes, if im in a public area i just go a boonie hat in woodlands with a mesh mozzie bag in army green. hides me pretty well.

Things id like to take but due to laws, am unable to, Shurikins and uchuko climbing claws, love these for climbing but for some reason, a prohibited weapon. ive often thought of getting a grappling hook and rope but ive got a gumbie arm and probably couldnt pull my self up one.

I wish i could afford some night vishion goggles though.

I head off into the shrub with this gear on, and can go for some time, nobody will find me, see me, bug me. IM a bit weird.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #245
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,527
A guy had a .50 cal at the range the other day and it was LOUD. That would attract ALL the zombies within a 20 mile radius! thumbs down on the 50 cal. AND it is about 3.50 per....i hope there are less then 100 zombies or you will be broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadester View Post
.50 BMG FTW!

All you need are some nice API (armor piercing incendiary) rounds!
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #246
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
well, since everybody has guns, but me, this is how i really roll,

Full Woodland cammo, cammo cargos, top, ninja open face style balaclava, also in woodlands, Non slip ultra thin woodland gloves.

Woodlands load bearing vest loaded with molle pockets with random survival bits, camel back pouch with 3l of water too.
on the chest,
6 Bo Throwing Knives basically a spike.
1 Double Ended Throwign Knife.
Glock Combat Knife, mostly for butchering.

Left Side, Ninjato Hand forged long aka a strait blade Sword
Ninjato Style Strait tanto, a strait knife

i have a selection of swords i choose, i do often have my katana machettess, as they are durable for hacking through shrub.

Right Side, Pair of 9 inch octaganal sci's, i find these a bit heavy though so often dont take them,

Back, Quiver of Alluminium Arrows, usualy about a dozen.
Cammo Hoyt Compound Bow, with Mounted Quiver with half a dozen arrows.

i sometimes have in my left sleve a kasari weighted chain, actually a very usefull item in the bush.

I often have all the survival bits, binocs, first aid, ability for fire, survival tarps, quight a bit of Food, Water canteen with kidney cup around it, ezbit stove, water purification tablets, t, I sometimes wear a goggles, or mesh goggles for nighttime, if im going into places with crap to protect my eyes. sometimes, if im in a public area i just go a boonie hat in woodlands with a mesh mozzie bag in army green. hides me pretty well.

Things id like to take but due to laws, am unable to, Shurikins and uchuko climbing claws, love these for climbing but for some reason, a prohibited weapon. ive often thought of getting a grappling hook and rope but ive got a gumbie arm and probably couldnt pull my self up one.

I wish i could afford some night vishion goggles though.

I head off into the shrub with this gear on, and can go for some time, nobody will find me, see me, bug me. IM a bit weird.
I won't argue but they can smell ya! If you make a tree house 20ft off the ground, they might work. Zombies can't climb trees.....I don't think...
Old 05-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #247
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
A guy had a .50 cal at the range the other day and it was LOUD. That would attract ALL the zombies within a 20 mile radius! thumbs down on the 50 cal. AND it is about 3.50 per....i hope there are less then 100 zombies or you will be broke!
Yeah, this was the solution to the "armored alien zombie" invasion. Just shoot the flying saucer! API!

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Old 05-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #248
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadester View Post
Yeah, this was the solution to the "armored alien zombie" invasion. Just shoot the flying saucer! API!
ok I am a little behind today.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #249
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

Quote:
I won't argue but they can smell ya! If you make a tree house 20ft off the ground, they might work. Zombies can't climb trees.....I don't think...
lol, ill make it a scene from predator 1
Old 05-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #250
Thanantos OP
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,542
Quote:
God I hope not.

I'm hoping if the ZA happens it's more "The Walking Dead" than "I am Legend".

Although with "I am Legend" it would still be safe to ride during the day.......ANY BIKE YOU WANT!

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #251
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
God I hope not.

I'm hoping if the ZA happens it's more "The Walking Dead" than "I am Legend".

Although with "I am Legend" it would still be safe to ride during the day.......ANY BIKE YOU WANT!
If it is like "I am legend", we're all dead! Unless you currently happen to live in a bunker. Or have a few sun lamps!

Plain old slow zombies would be my choice. Easy to stop, you can even round them up and have them as pets! Looking forward to the next episode that explains that new development...
I hope they don't jump the shark! I can see it now, the Zombie rights moment
Old 05-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #252
Thanantos OP
Ride hard.

Quote:
If it is like "I am legend", we're all dead! Unless you currently happen to live in a bunker. Or have a few sun lamps!

Plain old slow zombies would be my choice. Easy to stop, you can even round them up and have them as pets! Looking forward to the next episode that explains that new development...
I hope they don't jump the shark! I can see it now, the Zombie rights moment
Lol, agreed. That book was just plain scary.

2013 V-Strom
Old 05-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #253
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

http://zombierightscampaign.org/

Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #254
Thanantos OP
Ride hard.

The ZACLU is going to be all over you guys.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #255
Vulfy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
For traditional style zombies (slow,shuffling but relentless and in big mobs) a modified paintball gun I would think do the trick. Reinforce internals and the barrel. Convert it to accept propane instead of CO2 or Compressed air, and load it up with bearings, instead of paintballs. 200 shots in the hopper, tank on the back. In a pinch can be a flame thrower.
Could be a bit heavy with all those bearing rattling in the hopper. Propane is relatively easy to find, but bearings might be harder to come by than regular ammo. However for thinning out a mod, this might be a pretty good tool.

Would an aluminum full body chainmail suit work against bites and scratches? Should be strong enough to deter an occasional biter, and light enough to still be practical.
Vulfy is offline   Reply With Quote