Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2012, 04:57 AM   #346
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

Oddometer: 1,499
thats a good point, imagine what the dingos would think of these open meat bags walking around, mmm lunch on the run ;-)
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #347
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,905
CDC Confirms Zombies by Denying Them: Operation "Pretend Nothing is Happening" is a Go

"So this simply means one thing: There are zombies man. <- In Tommy Chong’s voice."
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #348
100mpg
This sentance intent

Ok.

Scope is here. I'm ready. My little Ruger .22 was very accurate at 100yards with iron sights before the scope, so now it will be easy! I just need more ammo.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #349
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,874

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #350
100mpg
This sentance intent

true...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadester View Post
Old 06-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #351
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadester View Post
Good notice!

But, that idea does introduce another theme (outside of mindless microwave-brain-fried Wandering folk going "Uh-huh!" repeatedly), -
In one Zombie flick (The Dawn of the Dead?) a character observed that the Walkers were drawn to the Mall as it was a familiar envivroment from their former living state.

So, how does one distract a Zombie?

Have a lot of items in your backpack that look/act like cellphones. Pull one out, hold it to your ear, and hand it over with a "Its for you!"

Old 06-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #352
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexau View Post

So, how does one distract a Zombie?

Have a lot of items in your backpack that look/act like cellphones. Pull one out, hold it to your ear, and hand it over with a "Its for you!"

Interesting thought- but take that one step further- build little IEDs into old discarded cellphones. THEN hand one to all the Z you see. "It's for you" and RUN like hell. (see the problem with Zombie pieces earlier in this thread)
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:39 AM   #353
100mpg
This sentance intent

they read my mind... That is too funny, they hit it right on the head with this sticker. I mean, oh, thats a terrible thing to say.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #354
Phunkshun
...Uh....yeah....right???

Oddometer: 121
I know Hilltop Hoods and the Obese crew have got out backs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=narqi9R7TEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcfDoemq4OQ

Old 06-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #355
gararnett
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Took my son out shooting yesterday. Took his Savage .22, my SKS, Mosin Nagant, AR-15, Glock 17 and Kimber Custom II. A fun day was had by all. Now I gotta re-supply the ammo.
gararnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:58 AM   #356
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by gararnett View Post
. . . out shooting yesterday. . . . A fun day was had by all. Now I gotta re-supply the ammo.
Therein surfaces the major problem with conventional firearms-

The ammunition is not re-usable, in the field, and you cannot carry infinite ammo.

Best Weapons for a Zombie Apocalypse

That means that one either discards weapons for which one has exhausted the carried ammunition -- or, pack them away and carry the weight until one can break into another gun shop and stock-up once more. That's assuming there is any left.

Crossbow

Compound Bow

In skilled hands the compound bow has the advantage of discharging an arrow more often in rate-of-fire, while the crossbow is still effective in the hands of the less skilled.

The messy bit, with both, is retrieving one's bolts or arrows. But unlike firearms, if one can retrieve spent missiles them one can carry on employing the weapon.

Quote:
Although it hasn't been confirmed that zombies are attracted by noise, it has been cited in both Armageddon and The Walking Dead that they are attracted to gunfire. Whether they are or not, firing weapons wouldn't just attract zombies, but living humans as well. Whether these humans are dangerous or not, it's best to stay hidden from them because human nature and kindness go out the window during apocalyptic situations. Other Human beings can attract other zombies, attempt to loot you, or worse, especially if it attracts a gang of people that is more heavily armed than yourself, you don't want to put yourself in that situation. Crossbows and Bows are ideal for dispatching zombies quietly and efficiently from range.
So, think on that! Firearms in use could well be regarded as Zombie Magnets, along with attracting undesirable attention from other survivors who may not have kindly intentions towards YOU!

Telescoping Nightstick

Quote:
Although blunt weapons are not the best choice for a Zombie Apocalypse, i would
recommend a nightstick as one of your personal defense weapons. Not only are they effective on Zombies, but they can be used for breaking into places or anything necessary for survival. They can easily be used to cripple a zombie, or even, much like other blunt weapons, be used as a weapon to bash in the skull of a zombie. You will never know when it might come in handy, but having a discrete weapon that is collapsible, and easy to carry is very valuable.

Multi - Purpose 5-in-One Survival Shovel

Quote:
A Multi-Purpose shovel is almost a perfect tool for a zombie apocalypse. It is not only great for utility, but the sharp edges of a shovel can easily be used to cause massive damage to a zombie, or even bash their brains in with the blunt side. Shovels such as the ones featured in the picture are a great tool. With an attached Machete, Shovel Head, and Axe, it will be a perfect multi purpose for a Zombie Apocalypse, from breaking down doors, to chopping through high brush, it's a great tool to have. A regular shovel in general would be a decent tool to dispatch a zombie, although it would be physically exhausting just like other melee weapons, the fact that it has a sharp edge makes it effective to break through the skull. Shovels are ideal for digging under chain link fences or getting through areas that require some force.
Interestingly squidoo - Best Weapons FAZA dismissed both plain chainsaw & katana as unreliable weapons.

Maybe (along with the machete) it may take a good quality Broadsword to qualify as a dependable Zombie Slice & Dice weapon? I recall R.E. Howard's favorite Cimmerian warrior had no great difficulty in cleaving through his foes from shoulder to crotch, . . .
Quote:
Katanas are not made from the same metals they were feudal China or Japan therefore they're less durable now than they were before (Although they weren't very durable before) they were designed for slashing at crucial arteries, not slicing through people, or bones like they are depicted in many anime's and movies today. The new metals cannot cut through bone and it would likely break the blade . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

DC2wheels had a novel take on cellphones as a distraction device for zombies:
Quote:
Interesting thought- but take that one step further- build little IEDs into old discarded cellphones. THEN hand one to all the Z you see. "It's for you" and RUN like hell.
On top of that, I see exploding superglue pods built into these, capable of instantly cementing tight-packs of zombies head-to-head, with the endmost zombie "tethered" to a lamp-pole?

vortexau screwed with this post 06-10-2012 at 02:16 AM Reason: Zombie Magnets?
vortexau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #357
Jan from Finland
Registered

Oddometer: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexau View Post
This may be why there is little chance of any Zombie Apocalypse developing here-abouts. Too many natural predators that can finish off zombies.
Or perhaps we should just tame them. The experiment has been going on for some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCaC-uaMsvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugT9uPG51Ko
- Pro Travel Tip by Overland Journal
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan from Finland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #358
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,688
More prepared every day.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #359
Yokomo
Gorilla Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,237
What supplies should we have in order to be ready for the zombies, other than a KLR of course? Thanks
Old 06-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #360
Ugly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post

Is this an option on the new Truimph Explorer, or is it more aftermarket?
Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote