Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #721
ThePass
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Am I the only one who feels like firearms fall very low on the priority list for a zombie apocalypse scenario?
Priority to me would be mobility and getting away from places where people/zombies would congregate. There's a big world out there, if you can make yourself mostly self-sufficient (or a small group of you), you could probably grow old without having to deal with many zombies.

Reason I'm not a fan of guns for ZA:
Probably biggest reason to me is that they make a lot of sound. Yes, you can muffle them, but real world silencers (especially make-shift ones) aren't as effective as Hollywood implies. The LAST thing I'd want to do if I did come across a zombie is alert other ones to my location as well.
ThePass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #722
the_sandman_454
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePass View Post
Am I the only one who feels like firearms fall very low on the priority list for a zombie apocalypse scenario?
Priority to me would be mobility and getting away from places where people/zombies would congregate. There's a big world out there, if you can make yourself mostly self-sufficient (or a small group of you), you could probably grow old without having to deal with many zombies.

Reason I'm not a fan of guns for ZA:
Probably biggest reason to me is that they make a lot of sound. Yes, you can muffle them, but real world silencers (especially make-shift ones) aren't as effective as Hollywood implies. The LAST thing I'd want to do if I did come across a zombie is alert other ones to my location as well.
Survive the zombies long enough and you're almost guaranteed to encounter other humans. Other humans may not feel like playing nicey nicey/making friends. They may just want your stuff, your mate, or whatever. That's where the guns would be most useful. I'm sure there will be plenty of places around to buy/find suppressors and the like anyway. Finding ammo may be tough during a zombie apoocalypse, given how hard to find it is right now.

Guns probably wouldn't be nearly as fun as bashing a zombie's skull with a club though.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:13 AM   #723
ThePass
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Agreed, having a gun is huge for human-human interaction in ANY post-apocalyptic scenario. However, ammunition supply would run low very quickly, used up mostly by a short-sighted majority in the following aftermath of whatever happened. If you wanted to survive the long haul, you'd avoid using what ammo you did have at almost any cost, except for absolutely last-case life/death situations.
-Ryan
ThePass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #724
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,689
Did someone say "mobility"

Old 07-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #725
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePass View Post
Agreed, having a gun is huge for human-human interaction in ANY post-apocalyptic scenario. However, ammunition supply would run low very quickly, used up mostly by a short-sighted majority in the following aftermath of whatever happened. If you wanted to survive the long haul, you'd avoid using what ammo you did have at almost any cost, except for absolutely last-case life/death situations.
-Ryan
Mpst dont have the mindset or skills to effectively survive for much time at all. Scavenging will be the major source of ammo gor those with a tactical mindset
Old 07-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #726
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

Oddometer: 1,499
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nerf-Blac...e6f3b5d&_uhb=1

im gona buy these to practice on
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:37 AM   #727
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterspirit View Post
these tucking anti theist little bitches are always wanting you to give up your guns and lick the boot of their masters.
Governments kill kids with drones and mercenaries. So suck you twat. If you don't like zombies, move along.
So YOU hate children (American children, at that). Very few would admit something like that. Perhaps, YOU really desire to shoot American children.

I did not say that I "don't like zombies". Still, they do not exist outside of fiction.

Rather, I take issue with gun lovers because there is only one function for a gun really --- to kill human beings.

Compare a gun with an electric chair. One is a (very) portable device designed to kill human beings. The other is more of a fixture, but still designed to kill human beings. What would folk think about someone who owned an electric chair and who was proud of that?

If I bought a cricket bat -- one might say that was through a love of cricket. One could not be confused as 'wanting to kill human beings', just because one owned a cricket bat.

vortexau screwed with this post 07-20-2013 at 04:54 AM
vortexau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:46 AM   #728
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostyman View Post
Don't go blaming us curious bystanders now.
Who's in denial now?
Old 07-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #729
fonztheyeti
king of all i survey

Oddometer: 773
guns are useful for killing all kinds of things: squirrels, deer, duck, quail, hogs, bear, men, and lots of other stuff. they're also useful for target practice. grow up.

Originally Posted by Kommando
People that want to try to dictate my life to me can suck it.
fonztheyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #730
PMC
riding rider

Oddometer: 798
Again. This is a zombie thread.
Take your anti gun political bullshit to jomama or just shove them up your ass and leave this thread the fuck alone.

Wtf is wrong with you? Just a bit retarded?
PMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #731
Rango
Phaneropter

Oddometer: 1,123
People prepping for the zombie attack are most intriguing.

As if they've never been in traffic.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #732
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

Oddometer: 1,499
just another fantasy from the meaks in how to take over the world/gain power/get that girl/ see your enemies crushed before you
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #733
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMC View Post
Again. This is a zombie thread.
Take your anti gun political bullshit to jomama or just shove them up your ass and leave this thread the fuck alone.
Are YOU not a wonderful example of a human with delightful diction and choice of words?
Quote:
Wtf is wrong with you? Just a bit retarded?
To be alarmed at the childish love of handguns displayed in this thread on Zombies - how can THAT be considered as "wrong"?

In my book to be in love with a handgun is something to be thought of as "a bit retarded"! YOU are looking in the wrong direction. There are these items (common in bathrooms) called mirrors.

Quote:
guns are useful for killing all kinds of things: squirrels, deer, duck, quail, hogs, bear, men, and lots of other stuff. they're also useful for target practice. grow up.
At my age I do not regard a concealable firearm as some weapon "useful for killing all kinds of things: squirrels, deer, duck, quail, hogs, bear" but YOU did get the next category correct, i.e. "men"! Lets just leave it that YOU consider a firearm as some weapon "useful for killing men" and leave it at that!

I stand by that judgment:

A very sick human attitude not really connected with zombies.

Please, return to the subject of zombies and leave sick attitudes out of this thread.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #734
henshao
Bained

Oddometer: 607
You know, sometimes you have to kill a man. Sometimes, that man is a zombie.
henshao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #735
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

Oddometer: 718
vortexau,
You don't exist outside of fiction

This is a spiritual existence not a material one, and that is why I utterly reject the scientific dictatorship of centralized control.

You probably realize that your precious Science has been busy on the zombie problem for a long time. Perhaps you're just a tool of disinformation.