Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 01:44 AM   #16
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,643
Just completed 7500km on one for a 950 adv. Seat is better than stock, but not perfect. I had no trouble with the middle channel. Actually found it easier to move around on and could sit a little off centre to relieve any sore spots, the channel was good for this. Didn't have any pain that made me just want to get off the seat compared to the stock seat. Longest day was about 8hrs in the saddle excluding stops. For the money, I think it was a good buy.

If you don't want the piss taken, stop giving it away!
Chop Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #17
Polish Pie Rider
Ryan G.

Oddometer: 16
If you like a sore ass buy it

I just put the seat on my Vstrom. I wanted to like this seat. It looks great and is well made. I was in a state of denial and kept it longer then I should have. Its like sitting on 2 rails of hard gel foam. Big surprise! the seat is 2 hard rails of gel foam. If you don't have 2 hot spots on you ass from this seat, you are lying, dead, or work for Saddleman. I will stand toe to toe with anyone who wants to argue with this.
I bought the seat because of a positive review on stromtroopers website. I'll be more careful next time. Yes, I know that a seat selection is a personnel choise. Yes, it is unreasonable to think you can ride all day without moving around on any seat. Yes, you have to break in a seat to get a true feel for it.
I don't like giving negative reviews, but this is well deserved. If you want to try the seat for yourself, make sure it can be returned.
Polish Pie Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #18
Two Brothers OP
Tire Guru

Oddometer: 322
Thanks for the feedback guys. I like to hear real world experiance on this stuff. I know its a new seat out this year. Maybe they can shed some light on your problems.
Two Brothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,623
I just realized you are down the road from here, in Lawrenceville. I am in Dawsonville and find myself in your neck of the woods from time to time for work. Do you stock a Saddleman seat for a 950 Adventure or is this special order item?
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #20
Two Brothers OP
Tire Guru

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor View Post
I just realized you are down the road from here, in Lawrenceville. I am in Dawsonville and find myself in your neck of the woods from time to time for work. Do you stock a Saddleman seat for a 950 Adventure or is this special order item?

I'm trying to get a sample but they won't call me back. Not real happy about them not calling me back.
Two Brothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #21
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,688
Shameful post. Got a 950SE saddleman fer sale, not because i didn't like it. Bought powercells tank & needs the SM seat. Will be going in the flea market soon.

RIDE ON!
Old 06-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #22
GooseRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Bought it for my 12GS the day before I went on a 12 day 2200 mile ride with my friend. Seats been awesome. Never had any soreness with it from day one. Only issue is that the suede cover is not waterproof, so you want a waterproof cover with it. Otherwise after a night of rain, it will be wet.

Love the seat and wholly recommend. Warning though: your riding buddy might get at little annoyed with you when you tell him, over the intercom while crossing the high sierras at night, that you are turning on the seat heater. Ask me how I know. ;)
GooseRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #23
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 746
I'll take care of the waterproof for you guys.
www.kingoffleece.com

ADV forum special available and most important, my cover is made to ride in the rain, not just cover it up.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars Motorcycle Consumer News June 2012.

I've had several Saddleman seats in my shop. Well made, I'd say.
KingOfFleece is online now   Reply With Quote