Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #16
feathered
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
They still can detain you at that point....probable cause since he matched the description. Cop must have been bored that day to go through all that trouble.
Or pissed that someone was very likely lying to him. And WAS lying to him. Minutes after the report, right next to the scene, you look exactly like the description...
feathered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #17
svs OP
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieuxmc View Post
If you got a ticket for going through the cones I would like to see the vehicle code section and the report.

Quote:
2818. It is unlawful to traverse an electronic beacon pattern, a
flare pattern, cone pattern, or combination of electronic beacon,
flare, or cone patterns, provided for the regulation of traffic, or
provided in a situation where public safety personnel are engaged in
traffic control or emergency scene management.
I was hoping the fact that there was no actual sign that said "Road Closed" would have warranted a warning instead of a ticket.

I was down on the streets that are being used for the Long Beach Grand Prix. Big signs on Shoreline that say: ROAD CLOSED in addition to the barriers.

No signs on the smaller side access roads. And cones and barriers where everywhere. I could see cross traffic at the next stop and went past cones to get to the "T" intersection which is where I met the police officer. He was tucked in the recess of the concrete race barriers the were lining the road off his bike talking on a cell phone as I came riding up to the stop sign. One side of the road was open for travel and the side I was on according the officer as not.
If a physical fact can produce a psychological state, a psychological state can produce a physical fact... The whole of creation is asleep within the deep of man and is awakened to objective existence by his subconscious assumptions.
svs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #18
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathered View Post
Or pissed that someone was very likely lying to him. And WAS lying to him. Minutes after the report, right next to the scene, you look exactly like the description...

That too.....
Old 04-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #19
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
Not cited yet, but I hear LEO's don't like it when an ADV Rider stands up on the footpegs to stretch while moving.........???? Let's see a H-D Rider do THAT !!!!!!!!
I do it on my HD...I just try and make sure that no cops are around.

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #20
mamm
< advertise here! >

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
That is a law! "The Law of Gross Tonnage!"
AKA as "The Right of Weight".

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.
mamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
lemieuxmc
Banned

Oddometer: 3,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
I was hoping the fact that there was no actual sign that said "Road Closed" would have warranted a warning instead of a ticket.

I was down on the streets that are being used for the Long Beach Grand Prix. Big signs on Shoreline that say: ROAD CLOSED in addition to the barriers.

No signs on the smaller side access roads. And cones and barriers where everywhere. I could see cross traffic at the next stop and went past cones to get to the "T" intersection which is where I met the police officer. He was tucked in the recess of the concrete race barriers the were lining the road off his bike talking on a cell phone as I came riding up to the stop sign. One side of the road was open for travel and the side I was on according the officer as not.
The section is sketchy when you make a left turn through a cone pattern into a driveway or a side street instead of lining up to enter a "sobriety" checkpoint.

On the other hand there is nothing but video that stops the police from dragging you out of the car and working you over just for effect either.

Google or YouTube Escondido PD checkpoints "Am I being detained, or am I free to go?" SMASH!! Breaking glass...
lemieuxmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #22
Pro_Marinero
Carbon Sasquatch

Oddometer: 2,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
C&I for going between stopped cars on a 5 lane rd to go around a stopped semi that was blocking both lanes. The cop did not even see it happen, a twat in a mini van called 911 and reported that I was flying through stopped traffic. After I got past the semi I stopped at QT and there was already a cop sitting there, so he walked over asked if it was me. I said no and he called dispatch for a description of the bike and rider. It just so happened that the description matched me to a T. My next response was "Yea I'm the only guy in MO with a White MC, Red Jacket and blue jeans. So then he had the dispatch send the bitch over and she IDed me. I still denied it and he wrote a C&I ticket. So I paid a lawyer 200 to make it a equipment violation. Total cost about $425.00

The lesson I learned was not to stop so close to a spot that I just violated several traffic laws because some busy body twat may have called the cops!
You had to pay $200 just to knock down a ticket based on one witness calling in the middle of a traffic jam to a non-moving violation ? How does a court convict based on such flimsy evidence? I would think a good lawyer would tear that one up.
Pro_Marinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #23
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
They still can detain you at that point....probable cause since he matched the description. Cop must have been bored that day to go through all that trouble.
The woman that called it in must have really been pissed to waste her time to come and ID the perp.
That whole incident sounds flimsy to me. A she said, he said...maybe she just doesn't like motorcycles officer.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #24
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
And this past weekend I learned when you see "cones and barriers" they represent something stronger than: If you can squeeze through yer good to go. Nope. And no written message like "Rode Closed" needs to be present.
I have learned over the years of being in the road construction business that NO amount of cones, signs, roadblocks and flag men will keep idiots from driving through them... and they always have an excuse.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #25
fallingoff
Banned

Oddometer: 3,677
cows have huge bladders

late 70's overtaking a cattle truck
a cow released her bladder
she did not waste a drop
i was on a road trip
took two days for my belstaff to dry out
no change of clothes
what a pisser
i wasn't on the piss
the piss was on me

cheers
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #26
DRGNHTR
Dragonhunter

Oddometer: 458
My favorite was a cop trying for a drug bust. I was just out of the service hanging with a long haired friend of mine. He couldn't find any drugs but when I pulled out my license for him he saw the temporary one in my wallet. I was written for having multiple dmv id's.
DRGNHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #27
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,403
Cops on KZ1000s get REALLY pissed if you're riding a 49cc moped and they can't catch you until you pull into a store's parking lot. The guy was totally pissed off at me ("God damn it I almost fucking killed myself trying to catch you." were his exact words) and it was very hard for me to pretend to be serious and keep a straight face while he wrote me up for not having protective eyewear. (No helmet law at the time.)
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #28
reddirtjoe
thinning the herd.

Oddometer: 1,931
23mph. Yes 23mph. Not 23 over

Also had a "chat " with a officer....

Going kinda fast? No ..just in a lower gear, sounds fast but isn't

Standing up is wreckless driving! I get better control standing while riding over the ice spot

He finally got me for expired insurance form
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #29
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_Marinero View Post
You had to pay $200 just to knock down a ticket based on one witness calling in the middle of a traffic jam to a non-moving violation ? How does a court convict based on such flimsy evidence? I would think a good lawyer would tear that one up.
He would have if I had taken it to the next level. Not sure of the exact details but in Mo at the city level Muni Court if you plead not guilty it gets kicked up to county and a jury. Lawyer assured me we would win, but the cost of him taking it before a jury would have been $1500.00 to $2000.00. I like to win as much as the next guy, but sometimes its better to cut bait and go fishing!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #30
fuelish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
C&I for going between stopped cars on a 5 lane rd to go around a stopped semi that was blocking both lanes. The cop did not even see it happen, a twat in a mini van called 911 and reported that I was flying through stopped traffic. After I got past the semi I stopped at QT and there was already a cop sitting there, so he walked over asked if it was me. I said no and he called dispatch for a description of the bike and rider. It just so happened that the description matched me to a T. My next response was "Yea I'm the only guy in MO with a White MC, Red Jacket and blue jeans. So then he had the dispatch send the bitch over and she IDed me. I still denied it and he wrote a C&I ticket. So I paid a lawyer 200 to make it a equipment violation. Total cost about $425.00

The lesson I learned was not to stop so close to a spot that I just violated several traffic laws because some busy body twat may have called the cops!
If you had told him the truth you probably would have just gotten a warning(or maybe a city code violation, no points,just a fine)
fuelish is offline   Reply With Quote