User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
bignslo OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
wonderful day

Had a great ride laST wednesday. Sorry to all but no pictures are to be had, but I will share a great route if you all want to search for the twiSTies at a moderate pace. Left out of SanRamon, CA around 9am and rode the slab down to Salinas, got off on Main STreet west. Don't know the road but I think it was the road to monterey. Made a left turn right before Laguna Seca recreation area and another left at the end of that road to Carmel Valley. The road was nice up to now but after we left moST of the population behind and headed further south I had to keep pullin in the reins on the STead..As we headed eaST out of the hills toward Greenfield we made a right before the Iron TreSTle bridge This brought us onto Elm street into Greenfield. Make a left in town on Main and the burgers and service at NV Burgers 1 or 2 blocks north is worth half the ride. After we filled or bellies and fuel tanks we headed south on 101 to King city. Get off before King city before you cross the river at Jolon Road and head south to Fort Hunter-Leggit make a right and go through the main gate(unmaned and you no longer need to stop and show ID,Drivers lic, and insurance. and follow the signs to Hwy 1....On you travel and don't speed or should I say don't get caught on the Military base. Only saw 1 patrol car. Los Padres foreST is on the weST side of the base and we hardly found any gravel dirt in the roadway...When we creSTed the top we were so high it looked like we were looking down at the Pacific spreading out before us..Alot of slow twiSTies ahead as you descend to hwy 1. The color of the sea was amazing like a carribean blue green, not our normal dark polluted black....We STumbled onto a road block after we headed north on 1. ConSTruction halted the flow of traffic and we just glided paST all the STopped vehicles , about 200 at leaST, and took our positions at the front of the line. After about 45 minutes of working on our tans they opened our direction firST and we headed to Big Sur with nobody hindering our progress....Wonderful.....all in alll a wonderful day riding our bikes even though it was a windy mess once we got into Monterey...After that we hit the slab back to the Bay area By the way I ride a ST1300.....................................
bignslo is offline   Reply With Quote