User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #1
sarcus OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Belgium-Slovenia 2014 20days of honda cs50 fun

Last year i made a trip with my old moped. I had this plan for about ten years with some friends. But last year I said to myself: screw it! I'm going alone or I will become a wanker when I hit the age of 70

This is my trip in a very short picture report. Sorry for the small and sometimes bad pictures. I have written the whole trip but it's in Flemish/Dutch and that was a whole day of work. English would take me two days. This is the link if you want to see more pictures : http://6volt.blogspot.be/search/labe...0Sloveni%C3%AB

I prepared the engine allready a little bit some year's ago because with modern traffic standards it's safer to ride it every day. The exterior is standard 50 but on the inside I planted an other crank and a 47mm cylinder. The outcome of the equasion makes it 90cc. "Lot's of torque" from 3000rpm till 8000rm ( dynotest in 2013 ) 6,0 Nm and 6,4Hp. It's cheating but with al the weight the moped was carrying in combination with some 18% hills it was very neaded.

Started on the 9th of July in Gullegem, Belgium what would become the best trip in my life so far. Extra sprocket was SOS. Just in case I couldn't go up some of the passes

Just crossed the boarder ( the Rijn) of France to Germany and heading toward the E500, better known as the Schwartswaldstrasse.

In Sigmaringen, Germany I fixed the clutchnut that came a little bit loose. This was at 700-800km. In France my stearingplate broke allready

Woohoow. Fernzpass, Austria: check!

This is in Italy heading towards the passes that would guide me into Slovenia

Allright! I made made it, allmost! Just a fraction from the boarder Italy-Slovenia now! Best day ever! After 4 days and 1300km! My cheeks hurted form smyling!

Or was it crying

This is why you should visit Slovenia! The mighty Triglav mountains! What a view.

Some of the problems I came across. This is allready taken care of on this moment. I made it better than Honda did. Much stronger for the abuse I do to this bike year in year out. I rode whith that goofy steeringplate for about 3000km. Still took the hairpins like a pro at "high" speeds

Sometimes it was nice to leave all the equipment alone in the tent and going out for some joyriding.

On of the best pics whith the go pro personally

This was heavy for both. 1611m , 25 hairpins up, 25 hairpins down : the Vrsic ( vrisjik) pass. People had a laugh when I reached the top in first gear.

Enjoying a beer in a very nice village with the local postman and his friend near the lake of Bled

Visiting one of the four musea. The second time i was there in Vransko. Amazing collection! You didn't visit Slovenia if you left this behind! Other musea was the speedwaymuseum, national technical museum and the Zundapp museum in Germany

Fixing the rack that broke on 4 places. To much weight. I came with a solution of a piece of wood, and everything I could use to hold it together and it worked!

I can wake up like this every day

Croatia was fucking hot. The day after it rained...

I had at least 1000km of rain but I made the best of it

Got in touch with a local in Otocec and after my return of Croatia I returned and he made this typical Slovenian dish. Man that was tasty

Happy Bram

This is when I was retuning home. Going for the second time towards the fun of the well known Brennerpass

Flat tyre after 3300km. 30minutes of work and then quickly heading to catch the ferry

Back home. 3907km in 20 days. I made it! Love to go again etc. At 3850km a car nearly crashed on me but only hit my reserve gastank. The last 50km's I was a little scared for every crossing car. But nontheless this was the best trip ever. No regrets!

As I mentioned before , for more pictures go to the blog written above.

The Honda is still in daily use for the sixt year now and is still heavily used.
This is a pic from February. 3 day's fun with 8 oldtimer moped/motorcycle mates. Flandria 50cc from the seventies( belgian brand) and bsa bantam '68 and my Honda also from '68.

Hope you enjoyed this short report.

Greetings

Bram

sarcus screwed with this post 03-22-2015 at 02:25 PM
sarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:39 PM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 56,667
Just goes to show you can have just as much fun on 50cc as you would on any larger bike

Old 03-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
Roland44
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Just goes to show you can have just as much fun on 50cc as you would on any larger bike

Pictures?
Roland44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:36 AM   #4
sarcus OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland44 View Post
Pictures?
Euhm I don't know what happened? Yesterday I made the pictures smaller and after the safe it was gone. Which moderator can help me?
Old 03-23-2015, 09:59 AM   #5
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 56,667
Every time you edit your post, your post goes back in to the moderation queue. This happens until you have 10 published posts. That's how we catch spammers who get thru our antispam filter. Post approved.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:05 AM   #6
sarcus OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Every time you edit your post, your post goes back in to the moderation queue. This happens until you have 10 published posts. That's how we catch spammers who get thru our antispam filter. Post approved.

That's clear! thanks!
Old 03-23-2015, 01:28 PM   #7
empty tank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Wink

Wow what great pics and what a little gem of a bike good report and to the point it's memory's not miles
empty tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #8
Vin
Addict

Oddometer: 211
Congrats

That's the "Adventure" attitude - what's the best bike for a trip like this? The one you have in the garage.
Keep riding and posting.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:07 AM   #9
philofax
lifetime noob on wheels

Oddometer: 424
Sardinia, the Italian beauty in fall 2009
A country a day keeps the boredom away, Ride Report / Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, Austria, Germany Aug 2010
philofax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:49 AM   #10
Brunow - 007
Bantam Fever

Oddometer: 309
Goed geschreven!!