Old 11-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #2551
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
Who's going to match me?

[[/INDENT][/I]

Matched. Rohan buy me a beer when you make it to Seattle.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #2552
RoninMoto OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_lee_visceral View Post
Matched. Rohan buy me a beer when you make it to Seattle.
I'm sure he will be happy to! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoVonHawkrider View Post
That sucks - as an Irish American I can say this, Filthy Shanty Irish. I guess when the Celtic Tiger left the thieves walked in. I'm in for some loot.
Theft is a real problem in Ireland and the UK. From what I can gather, its usually the pikies or they go into a container to eastern europe, balkan states or middle east. This is the 3rd RTW bike stolen in Ireland. We are easy targets I guess. Thanks for chipping in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickW909 View Post
I cross posted the Tenere theft on a couple of forums yesterday, lets hope they find it.

Nick
I hope they find it also. but if they don't, at least we can give him a starter on the next bike. It sucks all his kit was on the bike when it was stolen. At least I didn't loose ALL my stuff. only the bike. Camping gear and everything adds up fast.
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #2553
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 4,942
that sucks big time, if I ever get on the road I'm investing in one of those SPOT tracking devices
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #2554
ccaarmerciill
Talk Story

Oddometer: 56
Read through the entire thread... simply inspiring. I'd love to make a trip like this on a bike. What do you think of Japan so far? I loved it there. I was there for about 3 weeks (Yokosuka/ Sasebo), and was surfing pretty much the entire time (was Typhoon season) but was really surprised at how respectful of a people they are. Keep to themselves, very quiet... us Americans were loud bafoons to them I bet. In my "surf" trips utilizing their amazing public transportation, we made it to the Chiba peninsula, up North a little from there. On another longer trip went south to Totado Beach, which was a beautiful area. Usuaully not a huge fan of big cities, but Tokyo is a trip.

What Island here in Hawaii are you staying at? I'm sure you'll be busy with your family but if you have some down time I'd love to meet up for a beer or two. Once my car is sold, I'll finally have a few bikes in my garage again. On waiting list for 2014 690 Enduro R, and am also planning on picking up a 250sx. There is an awesome motocross track 20 minutes from my house on the North Shore, with miles and miles of fun trails too! Would be cool to have a bike in time here for you to keep in riding shape.

ccaarmerciill screwed with this post 11-25-2013 at 10:56 PM
ccaarmerciill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:33 AM   #2555
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoVonHawkrider View Post
That sucks - as an Irish American I can say this, Filthy Shanty Irish. I guess when the Celtic Tiger left the thieves walked in. I'm in for some loot.
Personally I would NEVER park my bike anywhere near O'Connell Street / Quays. It's a kip. If you're coming to Ireland then make an announcement here, irishbikerforum.com, UKgser.com. You'll be seen right and much less likely that this shite will happen to you.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #2556
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer

Come on lets help the guy out now that it has happened. He lost everything so lets help him like ADV helped Noah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #2557
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_lee_visceral View Post
Come on lets help the guy out now that it has happened. He lost everything so lets help him like ADV helped Noah.
[/URL]
Tried on PayPal and it would not go...
Old 11-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #2558
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
I was able to use rohan_fel@hotmail.com

Noah if you are in contact with him maybe ask him to check his emails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #2559
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
Try again-my "modest fuel fund donation" I made the other day went straight through.

Dirty
Old 11-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #2560
Baggi'tard
Assventure rider

Oddometer: 523
email didn't work for me on PayPal either.

"Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff." Bob Lee Swagger.
KTM 640E, KTM Duke II, Ducati Multistrada 1100S

Baggi'tard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #2561
Mr Farkle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Don't use a space

Make sure that you enter rohan {underscore} fel @hotmail.com
rohan_fel @hotmail.com. It worked fine for me.

I discovered Noah's report about three weeks ago and am finally caught up. Wow. Great photography and spirit. Thanks for bringing us along!

05 R1200 GS
04 950 Adventure
07 TE 610

09 Guatemala trip - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439951
Mr Farkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #2562
bmccrary
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post

I am really surprised no one commented on this sneaky shot.

I stumbled across your blog recently and had alot of catching up to do. I am sure my bosses would be happy to know what I have been doing with my spare time. Amazing photos and writing! I have seriously enjoyed every bit of my time reading this one. Its great to see someone young and in a relatively similar profession doing what you are doing. It gives me hope that one day I will be able to do something similar. I am 26 with a degree in mechanical engineering. (electricity scares me, I cant see it and it can kill me)

As a east coast snowboarder I must admit that I was extremely jealous of the fresh pow shots you were posting from Georgia. All we get here is the man made crunchy shit that kills your edges and hurts like a sum-bitch when your face meets it.

Enjoy your travels and I look forward to more of your posts. You have made reference to the Appalachian mountains a time or two. When you come back to the states and find yourself in the NC/TN mountains, shoot me a message. They are practically my back yard.

Ride safe and enjoy!

IBA #42019
bmccrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #2563
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
Just had breakfast with RoninMoto on his last day in Japan. The 690 is on a ship to Laem Chabang and Noah is off to Korea before Thailand.

Safe travels!
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:49 AM   #2564
RoninMoto OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccaarmerciill View Post
Read through the entire thread... simply inspiring. I'd love to make a trip like this on a bike. What do you think of Japan so far? I loved it there. I was there for about 3 weeks (Yokosuka/ Sasebo), and was surfing pretty much the entire time (was Typhoon season) but was really surprised at how respectful of a people they are. Keep to themselves, very quiet... us Americans were loud bafoons to them I bet. In my "surf" trips utilizing their amazing public transportation, we made it to the Chiba peninsula, up North a little from there. On another longer trip went south to Totado Beach, which was a beautiful area. Usuaully not a huge fan of big cities, but Tokyo is a trip.

What Island here in Hawaii are you staying at? I'm sure you'll be busy with your family but if you have some down time I'd love to meet up for a beer or two. Once my car is sold, I'll finally have a few bikes in my garage again. On waiting list for 2014 690 Enduro R, and am also planning on picking up a 250sx. There is an awesome motocross track 20 minutes from my house on the North Shore, with miles and miles of fun trails too! Would be cool to have a bike in time here for you to keep in riding shape.
Yeah, Tokyo is pretty nuts. But so was Osaka and Kyoto. As far as Hawaii goes, I'll be on the big island.. where there aren't to many people. Trying to hook up a moto there if anyone has a bike or friends with a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccrary View Post
I am really surprised no one commented on this sneaky shot.

I stumbled across your blog recently and had alot of catching up to do. I am sure my bosses would be happy to know what I have been doing with my spare time. Amazing photos and writing! I have seriously enjoyed every bit of my time reading this one. Its great to see someone young and in a relatively similar profession doing what you are doing. It gives me hope that one day I will be able to do something similar. I am 26 with a degree in mechanical engineering. (electricity scares me, I cant see it and it can kill me)

As a east coast snowboarder I must admit that I was extremely jealous of the fresh pow shots you were posting from Georgia. All we get here is the man made crunchy shit that kills your edges and hurts like a sum-bitch when your face meets it.

Enjoy your travels and I look forward to more of your posts. You have made reference to the Appalachian mountains a time or two. When you come back to the states and find yourself in the NC/TN mountains, shoot me a message. They are practically my back yard.

Ride safe and enjoy!
I'm surprised no one commented either. It was such an artful shot.

Don't get me wrong. Electricity scares me also. But I can "see" it and understand it. Good luck with the ME stuff. Maybe I'll be reading your RR in a few years

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
Just had breakfast with RoninMoto on his last day in Japan. The 690 is on a ship to Laem Chabang and Noah is off to Korea before Thailand.

Safe travels!
Yup. It was great. Thanks for everything Gen. Especially the phone. I couldn't have gotten the shipping set up or gotten those dates if I didn't have a phone
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #2565
stan.riner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Noah, I know some some guys on the big island. There are two on adv that I know.

http://advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=11546
Southest US Thumper

http://advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=60247
Gasser

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=397081&page=8

I'll cross post on there and ask them too help you out. I have a friend storing my ktm 300 on Oahu if you end up over there. You're welcome to use it. It needs to be ridden since I won't be there until May. I have good friends there that will help you with transport and will even take you riding.
stan.riner is offline   Reply With Quote