ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #3526
RoninMoto OP
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: In the mountains?
Oddometer: 1,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammo78 View Post
Hey Noah,
Have you got any plans to do any of the big trips while your in Australia? Like the Canning Stock Route, Gunbarrel Highway, Simpson Desert, the Border Track or anything like that? All names worthy of researching, and a crime not to. You could ride around here for months and still have heaps left to do. I know there's a lot left on my list.... but I might be stuck in Australia for a while so no bad thing.

I lived in NZ about six months of the year for the last eight or nine years. For me, even being Australian...., its like one big country town. Some of the friendliest peeps you will meet anywhere in the world, and definitely the friendliest traffic cops. The bonus for travel by road is everything is about two hours away, where I live everything is 5 hours away. local shops 130Kms. hope you get the logistics sorted mate.

rideon.
I will do as many of these as possible. I'd love to do the Canning stock route but it is 1800 km with no fuel unless you have drop-offs. So this is probably not an option unless someone is doing it north to south start of August and wants to let me join

We will do the Simpson desert and part of Gunbarrel highway. I'll go north and he will go back to Sydney. I'm going to try to do as much offroad I think many places its inevitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
Noah,

This bring back any memories of a former life?
I'm not sure where that one is. But I don't think I worked on it. I forget about it some times.. but then I meet someone in a similar industry and we can nerd out for a while.
__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 125,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:43 PM   #3527
Rich B
Studly Adventurer
 
Rich B's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Stone Creek, OH
Oddometer: 793
Talking

That was the wind farm project outside Milford, UT. I was only on that project for a short time supporting one of the trenches that were laying cable on the project.
__________________
LIfe is too short to drink bad beer!
Rich B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #3528
mattadv93
Gnarly Adventurer
 
mattadv93's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
I will do as many of these as possible. I'd love to do the Canning stock route but it is 1800 km with no fuel unless you have drop-offs. So this is probably not an option unless someone is doing it north to south start of August and wants to let me join
Im not sure but I think you can get fuel at one of the aboriginal communities along there now. Though still probably not a good idea to do it solo anyway. Lots of info on the canning on the Australian forum.
__________________
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

-Husaberg FE570
mattadv93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #3529
Patrol
VALE 46!
 
Patrol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Little Mogadishu, Canada
Oddometer: 1,366
Finally caught up. I'm exhausted.
__________________
Somewhere between One Love and Molon Labe
Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:23 AM   #3530
RoninMoto OP
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: In the mountains?
Oddometer: 1,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol View Post
Finally caught up. I'm exhausted.
I wish I was caught up! I'm behind on my posts :/
__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 125,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:38 AM   #3531
NickW909
Studly Adventurer
 
NickW909's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: U.K.
Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
I wish I was caught up! I'm behind on my posts :/
Your must having far too much of a good time...;-)

Have a stubby 'o Tooheys for me!

Nick.

Sent from a little keyboard using fat fingers......
NickW909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #3532
pdxbrit
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pdxbrit's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
I wish I was caught up! I'm behind on my posts :/
I've been on the road for almost 2 months now and I find I'm always behind. It's kind of like my job!
__________________
I wanted a FUN to ride bike...all ego aside...no bar hopper
no chick magnet..just a fun ride...The KLR is it...enjoy it. - Cire99

Track me on my Delorme Inreach SE

pdxbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #3533
OK Lucinda
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver
Oddometer: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickW909 View Post
Your must having far too much of a good time...;-)
It could be. I saw a pic of Noah and Anna Grechishkina (solo from Ukraine on a KTM 1190) together in a photo last week, in Sydney.

Probably just a coincidence.
OK Lucinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #3534
RoninMoto OP
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: In the mountains?
Oddometer: 1,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Lucinda View Post
It could be. I saw a pic of Noah and Anna Grechishkina (solo from Ukraine on a KTM 1190) together in a photo last week, in Sydney.

Probably just a coincidence.
This is true. We met up for lunch. She has been on the road for about a year now. Soon she will be doing a ride report on adv. She is shipping to USA tomorrow and will be riding route 66. She loves doing meetings with schools, kids, old folks homes ect. If she is coming through your town, I'm sure she would love to meet you, especially if you want to set up some sort of talk or something. She is a very inspiring woman.
You can find her website here. http://www.ihaveadreamrtw.com/

A post from Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I've been staying with Guiltyparty for the last week or so. On Thursday he is taking 2.5 weeks off of work and we are riding into the outback. We will do the Simpson desert then he he will come back to work and I'll continue on. Yesterday we met up with David Darcey of "Continental Drift" fame. In 2012 they took 2 690s from London to Australia and made some cool videos. In May a few of the crossed the Simpson. It was good to get some pointers and tips. Also David is letting me borrow his 12 liter fuel bladder. I'll have to carry 20 liters extra water and 15 liters extra fuel. But there aren't many non-Australians who can say they have crossed the Simpson. Since we have to carry so much extra fuel and water, I won't be riding with my computer or any other luxuries. So after Thursday.. expect some silence for a few weeks till I get to Darwin where I'll send some stuff ahead of me.

The handing of the bladder.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 125,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #3535
chekamus
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Was england now new Zealand!
Oddometer: 63
Riding the simpson will be a great ride! i would love to ride there, but like you said ts not easy! i reckon you will have a great riding experience!
look forward to reading all about it when your back in civilisation!
chekamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:06 PM   #3536
The Bigfella
Big Adventurer
 
The Bigfella's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: One of the Burj's
Oddometer: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
This is true. We met up for lunch. She has been on the road for about a year now. Soon she will be doing a ride report on adv. She is shipping to USA tomorrow and will be riding route 66. She loves doing meetings with schools, kids, old folks homes ect. If she is coming through your town, I'm sure she would love to meet you, especially if you want to set up some sort of talk or something. She is a very inspiring woman.
You can find her website here. http://www.ihaveadreamrtw.com/

A post from Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I've been staying with Guiltyparty for the last week or so. On Thursday he is taking 2.5 weeks off of work and we are riding into the outback. We will do the Simpson desert then he he will come back to work and I'll continue on. Yesterday we met up with David Darcey of "Continental Drift" fame. In 2012 they took 2 690s from London to Australia and made some cool videos. In May a few of the crossed the Simpson. It was good to get some pointers and tips. Also David is letting me borrow his 12 liter fuel bladder. I'll have to carry 20 liters extra water and 15 liters extra fuel. But there aren't many non-Australians who can say they have crossed the Simpson. Since we have to carry so much extra fuel and water, I won't be riding with my computer or any other luxuries. So after Thursday.. expect some silence for a few weeks till I get to Darwin where I'll send some stuff ahead of me.

The handing of the bladder.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
I've got another bladder here if you want to borrow it. About 8 or 9 litres IIRC. The top bit of crap strapped on the back in this shot.

__________________
A man should only do the work that is required of him. To do more is a form of greed.

Ride through Oz and Asia
The Bigfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:48 AM   #3537
fajarnuzuladv
Adventurer
 
fajarnuzuladv's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: East Jakarta, Indonesia
Oddometer: 24
Inspiring me... really a great report.
But I've a wife and 2 kids, seems like I need to spend a little bit time to do like yours. Hi..hi....
Great job Dude ! ;)
__________________
Fajar Nuzul Nurilahi
Jakarta - Indonesia
http://journeyriders.indonesianforum.net/ - on maintenance
fajarnuzuladv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #3538
kwakbiker
Studly Adventurer
 
kwakbiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Birmingham,UK
Oddometer: 649
sounds like an epic extra to this epic trip
__________________
2007 Versys

More fun being upright
kwakbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #3539
live2ridetahoe
RN
 
live2ridetahoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Concord, CA
Oddometer: 1,486
Sounds epic Noah. Best of luck. Looking forward to hearing about it!

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #3540
DesertRatliff
Tinker Tinker Ride Ride
 
DesertRatliff's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Durango, CO U.S.A
Oddometer: 684
Lousy small pic, but wanted to say thanks for the inspiration Noah!

That's right, KTM: I've been following Noah and his trip for a while now and both are a big reason for my latest purchase. My new to me 2010 690 R.

Thanks and have fun in OZ!



https://www.flickr.com/photos/nratli...in/photostream
__________________
P=W/t Making more horsepower with less time.
DesertRatliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015