ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #361
RoninMoto OP
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: EN ZED
Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
hey Noah, you gonna ship the Badlands back to Idaho to be repaired??
Already sent the jacket and pants in.
__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 125,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #362
fail wagon
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Oddometer: 2
Very cool trip man but I'm trying to understand how you caught what looks to be a baby deer in a river
fail wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #363
RoninMoto OP
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: EN ZED
Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by fail wagon View Post
Very cool trip man but I'm trying to understand how you caught what looks to be a baby deer in a river
Haha.. I was waiting for someone to comment.. We found it in the river. Thought it would make a funny pic.
__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 125,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #364
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer
 
RhinoVonHawkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern Pa
Oddometer: 1,408
Still great stuff NH

Beer on me in Pa - if ya have the time.

Dogfish Head 90 IPA

Rhino

(less than 2 hrs from NYC)
__________________
FREE Discount Prescriptions http://hta270hs.supremerxsavings.com/
AVO - R.I.P. - "When you don't have goals, you can't fail" - Neil Fallon
"He said, Son, remember where U came From" - LOA
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #365
hardwaregrrl
ignore list
 
hardwaregrrl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 7,240
Sweet...we can ask questions about weird pics?! Whats up with the dude with the handgun and the beer??
hardwaregrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #366
RoninMoto OP
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: EN ZED
Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Sweet...we can ask questions about weird pics?! Whats up with the dude with the handgun and the beer??
That's my friend Christine... she wanted a ride and a pic with the moto, her gun and a tall can.
__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 125,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #367
Flyingavanti
With the Redhead on Back!
 
Flyingavanti's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Oddometer: 1,545
RoninMoto........

I am concerned for your safety, therefore I am offering to travel the Latin American part of the trip with you. You are too young, so you need an OLD guide to take the bullet for you! I am so depressed about not being down there, that this is the kind of offer I am willing to make....

I sincerely, wish you the best of travels..... IT WILL change the balance of your life, in ways you can't imagine. That is the good news..... The BAD news.. life will be boring afterwards!

If you need any help while in South America, please call me on Skype.... have many, many contacts down there willing to help!

Sincerely wishing you the experience of your life!
__________________
"I am in California, but my brain spends 90% of it's time in South America"

Over 27,000 miles in South America -- which is NOT enough!

Here is a link to the South American Ride Report...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94531

Trip Index Page.... If you are interested in one spot in South America, you can click on this link http://www.ploung.com/south_america.htm and go directly to your point of interest.
www.Ploung.com
Flyingavanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:06 AM   #368
Night Falcon
Adventure NZL
 
Night Falcon's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Nu Va Ze Lon
Oddometer: 1,761
I'm a bit late discovering your thread but have really enjoyed catching up on the action. Thanks for bringing us along!

Cheers
Night Falcon
__________________
2010 KTM EXC 530
2008 Beta Rev3
Night Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:12 AM   #369
Wake
Adventurer
 
Wake's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Germany
Oddometer: 18
Hey Noah,

great adventure, ill follow your blog :)
Last week i got my own 690e, its my first bike ever (and i love it ;) )

Enjoy your trip!

Greetings from Germany

Wake
__________________
KTM 690 Enduro R - 2011
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #370
makad
P/T Shed Dwelling Hermit
 
makad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: The Shed, Coolup
Oddometer: 278
Sweet Lines

Yo Noah,
Been following the RR with some interest. Nice progress so far mate.
Saw this thing of beauty and re-posted it in Cafe Racer Pics ; hope ya dont mind....
Anyways, any more pics or info on this sweet beast?
Hang loose man



PS; when you get to Oz and have run out of cash, flash up the CV around the place - there's tons of work for Project Sparkologists such as yourself. Good coin too
makad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #371
RoninMoto OP
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: EN ZED
Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by makad View Post
Yo Noah,
Been following the RR with some interest. Nice progress so far mate.
Saw this thing of beauty and re-posted it in Cafe Racer Pics ; hope ya dont mind....
Anyways, any more pics or info on this sweet beast?
Hang loose man

PS; when you get to Oz and have run out of cash, flash up the CV around the place - there's tons of work for Project Sparkologists such as yourself. Good coin too

Here is the only other pic I have. The Bike Shack in Bozeman MT built it.

I have my resume on my computer just in case I need to try to get a sparky job.. especially if I fall in love with a place.
__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 125,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #372
RoninMoto OP
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: EN ZED
Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingavanti View Post
RoninMoto........

I am concerned for your safety, therefore I am offering to travel the Latin American part of the trip with you. You are too young, so you need an OLD guide to take the bullet for you! I am so depressed about not being down there, that this is the kind of offer I am willing to make....

I sincerely, wish you the best of travels..... IT WILL change the balance of your life, in ways you can't imagine. That is the good news..... The BAD news.. life will be boring afterwards!

If you need any help while in South America, please call me on Skype.... have many, many contacts down there willing to help!

Sincerely wishing you the experience of your life!
Thanks for the "concern"

I'll be in South America 2014 (i think). Feel free to join if you like.
__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 125,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #373
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick
 
BK.RD.RNR's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Livin' in the 90's
Oddometer: 5,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimball76 View Post
Great report so far RoninMoto! I'll be interested to hear your first hand account of fitting the GL Great Basin. I'm seriously considering going that route on my 690. Seems to offer the flexibility I need between hauling capacity while still giving me the freedom to remove it and tear up some dirt!

Keep the updates coming and safe travels!

My .02;

I like the great basin a lot, but fuel fill ups were a total PIA with the 690. Not such a big deal if you are by yourself, but your riding buddies may get tired of waiting for you at gas stops.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #374
Rider John
Adventurer
 
Rider John's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Oddometer: 32
Hello Noah,
Thanks for the great ride reports and pictures. While shopping for my own KTM I was told by a KTM shop employee in Quincy, IL that the only KTM adventure bike of size that he had seen was ridden by a fellow who went around the USA and worked on wind farm equipment. Just wondering if by chance that might have been you? Thanks again and ride safe.
Rider John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #375
RoninMoto OP
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: EN ZED
Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider John View Post
Hello Noah,
Thanks for the great ride reports and pictures. While shopping for my own KTM I was told by a KTM shop employee in Quincy, IL that the only KTM adventure bike of size that he had seen was ridden by a fellow who went around the USA and worked on wind farm equipment. Just wondering if by chance that might have been you? Thanks again and ride safe.
I'm not sure.. Might be?
I do know there have been quite a few RTWs on the 690. SherriJo is about 2 years into her trip. She had to replace her top end at 90k km. Not to shabby.
__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 125,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014