Old 06-22-2014, 06:51 PM   #391
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,270
This is a model train store and display... Might need to stop by next time

DQ leads us up to Paul's for breakfast.

KW looks happy.

A fixer upper?

By this point, we're well over 1000 miles and my tailbone hurts. I'm ready for a Russell Day Long seat!!!!

We weave around back highways and roads and eventually we split up and head home. Great trip, lots of fun, lots of scenery and places I had never been before, most of all... no telephones, no work, no stress!!!

Let's go again!!!!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:07 PM   #392
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Sidestory: I debated adding this, and I guess I will...

So we are zigzagging up the backroads and highways and somewhere in (I think) Amite County MS we come up behind a dark blue F250 King Ranch. We follow the truck for several miles at speed from 55-65MPH. I half expected DQ to pass the truck at any open straight, but we are on a 2-lane highway that has blind hills and some curves, so I figure he is being patient.

All of a sudden, I see flashing blue and white LED's start flashing in the back window, and through the dark tinted windows I see the driver violently waving at us as he pulls to the side. DQ comes to a stop next to the drivers window.

The driver has his window down and seems very upset and tells DQ that he saw him "dragging his feet" and he can't do that. DQ replies "I wasn't dragging my feet. I just stretched my legs." The guy blows up, pointing his finger in DQ's face and yelling "I saw you BUDDY. YOU BETTER NOT DRAG YOUR FEET, BUDDY." and continues to yell and point his finger. I assume he is some form of law enforcement, and possibly even the sheriff being that he is in a "personal" unmarked vehicles with flashing blue lights, but he has no uniform, displays no badge, does not identify himself, but starts yelling at us.

DQ just drives off and we follow. The crazy angry man follows us for a few miles and then turns a different direction at the next stop sign / cross road.

I have no idea who the man was and wish I had been able to snap a picture of him all red faced and yelling at DQ or at least gotten a picture of his tag. Surely he isn't the elected face of law enforcement who was upset that we took our feet off our footpegs to stretch. I guess I am glad he didn't see me standing up and moving around with my tail bone hurting on the long ride.

backwoodsKLR screwed with this post 06-23-2014 at 08:46 AM
Old 06-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #393
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Oddometer: 1,969
Good write-up BW. Thanks for coming with me.
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #394
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
Yep --Good Write--

I am getting better at Sweeping all the time --and when I don't sweep some people have a tendency to get lost--

GO FIGURE

Great Ride Guys--Thanks

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #395
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork View Post
Yep --Good Write--

I am getting better at Sweeping all the time --and when I don't sweep some people have a tendency to get lost--

GO FIGURE

Great Ride Guys--Thanks
Hey now! I wasn't "lost"... I was first to the end of the road! I knew where I was. Just wasn't sure where y'all were!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #396
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Sidestory: I debated adding this, and I guess I will...

So we are zigzagging up the backroads and highways and somewhere in (I think) Amite County MS we come up behind a dark blue F250 King Ranch. We follow the truck for several miles at speed from 55-65MPH. I half expected DQ to pass the truck at any open straight, but we are on a 2-lane highway that has blind hills and some curves, so I figure he is being patient.

All of a sudden, I see flashing blue and white LED's start flashing in the back window, and through the dark tinted windows I see the driver violently waving at us as he pulls to the side. DQ comes to a stop next to the drivers window.

The driver has his window down and seems very upset and tells DQ that he saw him "dragging his feet" and he can't do that. DQ replies "I wasn't dragging my feet. I just stretched my legs." The guy blows up, pointing his finger in DQ's face and yelling "I saw you BUDDY. YOU BETTER NOT DRAG YOUR FEET, BUDDY." and continues to yell and point his finger. I assume he is some form of law enforcement, and possibly even the sheriff being that he is in a "personal" unmarked vehicles with flashing blue lights, but he has no uniform, displays no badge, does not identify himself, but starts yelling at us.

DQ just drives off and we follow. The crazy angry man follows us for a few miles and then turns a different direction at the next stop sign / cross road.

I have no idea who the man was and wish I had been able to snap a picture of him all red faced and yelling at DQ or at least gotten a picture of his tag. Surely he isn't the elected face of law enforcement who was upset that we took our feet off our footpegs to stretch. I guess I am glad he didn't see me standing up and moving around with my tail bone hurting on the long ride.

it takes all kinds

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote