ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
akabeton OP
Adventurer
 
akabeton's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: British Columbia Canada
Oddometer: 350
Heidenau K76

Looking to replace my tires, has anyone had any positive/negative experience with the Heidenau K76.

Thanks
__________________
1995 R100 GSPD
akabeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
scarygary
Drawing blanks
 
scarygary's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto ON
Oddometer: 361
I ran the front on a x-usa ride. I could not wear it out after 11 000 kms. Could probably get 20k out of one, not that I would ever want 20k out of tire, that would be really boring.

scarygary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
amschnellsten
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Oddometer: 89
Those look very interesting. I have not tried this version but I have k60s on my Tiger, They are more aggressive and are more of a 50/50 tire but I have 6k miles on with very little wear. So this may not help a lot but i can vouch for Heidenau.
amschnellsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
akabeton OP
Adventurer
 
akabeton's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: British Columbia Canada
Oddometer: 350
Heidenau K76

Thanks for the input.
I have ordered a set, good price too. $265 installed @ Second Gear, Coquitlam, BC
__________________
1995 R100 GSPD
akabeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #5
darklight79
scaffold builder
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Eureka ,Calif
Oddometer: 415
great price

My tires getting worn as well .. Finding the speedo getting worse at high speeds ... My thoughts on tires I want something a bit taller than the tourances in a effort to get the speedometer back to reality .... yeah right .Can you get a total circumference of the k76 mounted ? and pictures ...was that 265 us or can ...?
darklight79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
RideagreenBike
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Toronto in the Great, White North
Oddometer: 1
Heidenau K76

Any news on your K76s? Do you still like them? I am about to buy a set this week and would like to hear, how they have treated you.
RideagreenBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #7
akabeton OP
Adventurer
 
akabeton's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: British Columbia Canada
Oddometer: 350
Very happy

I have almost 10,000 miles on the pair.

The back tire is good for 2000 more and the front could probably manage another 4000.

I have used probably 80% on roads in all conditions, the other 20% on logging roads and trails.

I am very happy with their performance.
__________________
1995 R100 GSPD
akabeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014