Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #181
SOP Dirt-Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
So, with the current setup you have (I assume full pipe, PCV and AT) how is she holding up? I ask because I have a similar setup. Any signs of slippage? And how is the off throttle bite? And lastly, which springs are you running, stiff springs, soft bite of soft springs, stiffer bite?

And lastly, when ya setting up the group buy???Put me first on the list, I'm in.
SOP Dirt-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #182
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
So, with the current setup you have (I assume full pipe, PCV and AT) how is she holding up? I ask because I have a similar setup. Any signs of slippage? And how is the off throttle bite? And lastly, which springs are you running, stiff springs, soft bite of soft springs, stiffer bite?

And lastly, when ya setting up the group buy???Put me first on the list, I'm in.
I am sorry, but as much as I want to fill you in, I promised Rekluse that I would not... So they would have a chance to refine their product, prior to release. Please don't take this the wrong way. I would certainly entertain the group buy, if Rekluse would allow me, but as with new products, I have no idea. As soon as they clear me to talk.... I will post a full ride report with install pictures.....ride video's etc. in a separate thread. Sorry.

(ps)... I have however found a new favorite thing to do....LOL..... Pull up to a fellow rider in neutral, at a stop light....... Then adjust the visor with your left hand, while you pop it in first....... Ha ha..... dear in the headlight look......Priceless.

Erling

ebrabaek screwed with this post 03-29-2013 at 03:04 PM Reason: PS
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #183
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
I'm in excruciating pain with open socket and root canal work....and I'd use my dental money to buy a Rekluse for the BMW.

You have to have priorities people. I can always eat soup.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #184
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
I'm in excruciating pain with open socket and root canal work....and I'd use my dental money to buy a Rekluse for the BMW.

You have to have priorities people. I can always eat soup.
Now I gotta clean up the screen...... and keyboard....

Erling
Old 03-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #185
SOP Dirt-Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
I am sorry, but as much as I want to fill you in, I promised Rekluse that I would not... So they would have a chance to refine their product, prior to release. Please don't take this the wrong way. I would certainly entertain the group buy, if Rekluse would allow me, but as with new products, I have no idea. As soon as they clear me to talk.... I will post a full ride report with install pictures.....ride video's etc. in a separate thread. Sorry.

(ps)... I have however found a new favorite thing to do....LOL..... Pull up to a fellow rider in neutral, at a stop light....... Then adjust the visor with your left hand, while you pop it in first....... Ha ha..... dear in the headlight look......Priceless.
So, can we assume you will be running a Rekluse in say, 6 moths?
SOP Dirt-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #186
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sop dirt-rider View Post
so, can we assume you will be running a rekluse in say, 6 moths?

Erling
Old 03-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #187
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

It looks like many riders does not know what a "slipper clutch" or "auto clutch" is, and let alone what it does. So with out commenting on the particulars of this soon to be released clutch from Rekluse, I wanted to illustrate perhaps one big benefit. This is broad, and not localized to the 8GS. Low speed handling. I will leave it at that, but any bike with it will promote, or should I say, it's low speed handling characteristics. Enjoy.

">

Erling
Old 03-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #188
shedmarket
Chris

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Gotta bring some Aussie Beer though......
OK, I have held off asking for a while now, why the Aussie beer, is it an important testing mixture?

If so, maybe Recluse will want someone from Australia to test it in our conditions, which is mostly effected by Aussie beer 'cause that is mostly what we get here you know. Unless of course we are on a health kick and are consuming Mexican fruit salads (Coronas with lime wedges inserted) but you can only be healthy for so long and you go back to the real stuff.

Either way, my hand is up send over one of the clutch kits and I will test the crap out of it.

(What the hell, it is worth a try, right?)
shedmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #189
MitchG
Iron Collector

Oddometer: 399
A "slipper clutch" it is not, better term is centrifugal clutch. Your vid would have been much better if your hand was in the air or on the left bar inboard of the clutch lever to better illustrate the fact that to do that type of riding you do not ever touch the clutch. (just saying...)

PS: Your freek'in weather pisses me off(LOL)
Old 03-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #190
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedmarket View Post
OK, I have held off asking for a while now, why the Aussie beer, is it an important testing mixture?

If so, maybe Recluse will want someone from Australia to test it in our conditions, which is mostly effected by Aussie beer 'cause that is mostly what we get here you know. Unless of course we are on a health kick and are consuming Mexican fruit salads (Coronas with lime wedges inserted) but you can only be healthy for so long and you go back to the real stuff.

Either way, my hand is up send over one of the clutch kits and I will test the crap out of it.

(What the hell, it is worth a try, right?)
Before I moved State side, I went on a trip to Spain, met Steve Shrolts.... ( Mostly sure I did not spell his last name correct) As we enjoyed Blanes together with the ladies, he was raving about the Assie beer.... Always wanted to try one.

Erling

ebrabaek screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 02:52 PM
Old 03-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #191
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchG View Post
A "slipper clutch" it is not, better term is centrifugal clutch. Your vid would have been much better if your hand was in the air or on the left bar inboard of the clutch lever to better illustrate the fact that to do that type of riding you do not ever touch the clutch. (just saying...)

I was not trying to promote,or comment on this particular unit, but merely to try to explain one big benefit, as several riders asked what it would do. I thought a short video would suffice. Sorry, you will just have to trust me that I did not touch the clutch. I might be a fool, but only an idiot would do this one handed. Ha ha.... sorry....

(ps) reason I mentioned " slipper clutch" is that many rider refer to it as such. Once I am allowed to comment on the specifics on this unit, we can discuss the inner workings.

Erling

ebrabaek screwed with this post 04-01-2013 at 06:54 AM Reason: ps
Old 03-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #192
Blue&Yellow
but orange inside...

Oddometer: 754
Quote:
...... As the desert southwest offers year around riding..... I was asked to test their setup, but as Ben before me, also was asked not to comment during the beta testing. And that my fiend is hard..... When this is done however, I will be able to support the system...... On the other hand..... If you do come down here, we are going on a 500 mile ride mostly dirt next Thursday........Gotta bring some Aussie Beer though......
Fine - we'll do this "old cold war double-crossing agent style"...

I'll make some random statements about the F800GS and rekluse clutch and you'll tell me when I'm wrong.

1. The rekluse clutch works just as well on the F800GS as on any other bike
2. The rekluse clutch makes handling tight rocky stuff a cakewalk
3. The rekluse clutch has been super reliable since day one
4. It's the best thing since drive in beer and you definitely buy it

I'm not hearing any protests... so I'll take that all as a yes then
Blue&Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #193
MitchG
Iron Collector

Oddometer: 399
Wrong bike but here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqU-ABaxICA
Old 03-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #194
Blue&Yellow
but orange inside...

Oddometer: 754
Quote:
Wrong bike but here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqU-ABaxICA
This guys got a lot of videos of him and his 950SE rekluse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X__BIjP2JhY

Sweet bike.
Blue&Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #195
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

I think that was the reason I was asked to participate.

Erling