User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 04:04 AM   #226
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,603
Stop teasing and start pleasing.

So the EXP has gone back....are they replacing it with a "production" version or another test version?

I know, I know...patience is not one of my life skills.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #227
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
Stop teasing and start pleasing.

So the EXP has gone back....are they replacing it with a "production" version or another test version?

I know, I know...patience is not one of my life skills.
I will say that Rekluse pays attention to their product. They want to make 100% sure, not just of their product, but the 800GS application. They know the EXP works, but as all bikes are not equal, they want to put many miles on each app..... before releasing it. That is also great for you, or anyone who decides to buy it. I wish more manufactures are as methodical as Rekluse is. There would be less recalls. I was testing the production version. Something else coming.... I think we hit a small speed bump, and more testing is needed. That is the impression I get. Sorry I cant volunteer more, but I can offer the following assessment.... You are in good hands.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:50 AM   #228
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer

Oh...all right. That'll have to do me for now.

I shall go to sleep dreaming of an EXP Beemer riding a rock strewn back trail high in the mountains. The cackle and snarl of the over run through my Supertrapp muffler on a twisty back road. The full throttle top gear run through the Valley of the Shadow of Death (my top secret test track location that the local cops haven't found) with the Beemer snarling and barking on decel like a 2 headed Rottweiler chasing me along the bank of the river Styx.

What the hell is in these pain killers?? It all makes sense. Wow...EXP is the meaning of life man...cool...

Dear Rekluse...I am losing my mind and need your clutch ASAP. I may have to sue for clutch deprivation anxiety disorder. CDAD is a much misunderstood condition. It can cause jittery throttle hand, and a twitchy left foot. Left untreated you can develop occupational over use syndrome of the left wrist. Nothing worse than an oousy left wrist and a slippery clutch.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #229
jengel451
1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer: 678
So, Rekluse is probably reading this and seeing all the "We need this now" or "I'm losing sleep over it.."

If I was Rekluse I'd be saying..."we were going to sell it for $500, but now that we have this sort of hype, we think $800 is more appropriate cuz they'll pay it."

You all need to understand supply and demand, they are totally working you all over and it's working.
jengel451 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #230
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengel451 View Post
So, Rekluse is probably reading this and seeing all the "We need this now" or "I'm losing sleep over it.."

If I was Rekluse I'd be saying..."we were going to sell it for $500, but now that we have this sort of hype, we think $800 is more appropriate cuz they'll pay it."

You all need to understand supply and demand, they are totally working you all over and it's working.
Not the case. The EXP sells for $399, across the board, as a stand alone. ( KTM's are more, as the kit comes with new slave....etc.) There is a reason it is not out yet. I cannot disclose that reason, just yet...... But I can say it is not about the money. Other word, they are reading this.... I think...., but not to gauge the demand. They know that demand is there.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #231
toro618 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengel451 View Post

Wow, it sounds like you didn't skip your economics course. And you must also have Rekluse all figured out, and definetly have us figured out too....you must be a very smart person.

In the case of the F800GS, "supply and demand" does not apply. Rekluse has a much bigger fish to supply....the entire KTM line. They have had the auto clutch available for the 950/990 bike for a few years already....that's how much demand they think there is for the F800GS....VERY LITTLE compared to the KTM.

I started this thread last year after talking with them and realizing I was the only one that ever inquired about an auto clutch for the F8. As per their advise, I started this thread to generate interest....and even then they said it would take atleast 2 years to develope the product as they were backed up developing all the KTM units. Thanks to Lonster,ebrabaek, and Motorfiets for loaning their bike , we may actually have them earlier.
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #232
jengel451
1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer: 678
^^^^

Hook line and sinker, you were WAY too easy.
jengel451 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:42 AM   #233
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer

I emailed them twice after buying the BuMW. I thought it strange they wouldn't cater for the one bike in the Adv market that could probably most benefit from it.

As for supply and demand, they probably sell as many as they can produce to the market they already have. That'd be why they didn't reply to the emails.

I work for one of the biggest global brands there is, and I don't return annoying one off inquiries that will cost us money in the long run. But like those people that inquire after our products, I thought there was no harm in asking.

You weren't an economic adviser to Reagan were you?
Old 05-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #234
Avner
Not noob anymore

Oddometer: 136
Got to have it!

This weekend I tried riding an inmate's 990 with a Recluse at a dual-sport event, and all I can say is that I want one badly for my 800!

I was running 15/47 on my 800 front and rear sprockets, and I was very happy with this setup off-road until my 3-hr ride back home on the slab running 6,000 RPM at 80MPH. With the Recluse I'll be able to drop the rear back to 42 teeth, and have the low-speed control without sacrificing the bike's performance on the slab.

Are we taking numbers now?
Avner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #235
JRose
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 626
I'm on the hook. I'll be ordering as soon as a list starts materializing.
JRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #236
jttele
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Is it just me that every time I see a new post on this thread and I check it I'm let down that it's not an announcement that it's in production? I'm in with a grin as soon as they're ready! Hope it's soon! (Sorry this post is not an announcement)
Old 05-07-2013, 05:28 AM   #237
Freewolf
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jttele View Post
Is it just me that every time I see a new post on this thread and I check it I'm let down that it's not an announcement that it's in production? I'm in with a grin as soon as they're ready! Hope it's soon! (Sorry this post is not an announcement)
straquote!
Freewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #238
goodburbon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
False hope

Gotcha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
00' TTR125L
09' Buell Ulysses
goodburbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #239
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,892
All I can say is... Whats the allure to the auto clutch on an F800? Don't get it. I prefer a solid clutch, no-slip feel and control of a manual transmission. Clutch when I want, pop it when necessary and plop it into gear or neutral when I want. Its really not a big issue.
If I wanted a scooter, I'd get one.

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #240
MitchG
Iron Collector

Oddometer: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2little View Post
All I can say is... Whats the allure to the auto clutch on an F800? Don't get it. I prefer a solid clutch, no-slip feel and control of a manual transmission. Clutch when I want, pop it when necessary and plop it into gear or neutral when I want. Its really not a big issue.
If I wanted a scooter, I'd get one.
Until you use one you may not understand.....You still have use of the manual clutch if you want but you don't have or need to use it which gives you flexibility dependant on the situation.