Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #286
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
Nope...
Errrrrrrrling me ;)Bolts, springs, plates, fibers, basket. Only thing left is OIL!! That's it, the oil must be some kind of exotic mixture that has an Italian ring to it, maybe Olive Oil? Pure, distilled extra virgin olive oil (with a hint of garlic to keep the gremlins at bay).Got it.
SOP Dirt-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #287
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
Errrrrrrrling me ;)Bolts, springs, plates, fibers, basket. Only thing left is OIL!! That's it, the oil must be some kind of exotic mixture that has an Italian ring to it, maybe Olive Oil? Pure, distilled extra virgin olive oil (with a hint of garlic to keep the gremlins at bay).Got it.
Ehhhhhhh...... Nope.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
Nope

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Erling

ebrabaek screwed with this post 06-26-2013 at 07:41 PM
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #288
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by BcDano View Post
I've been calling Rekluse for about two years now and I get the same story each time which is "maybe". I'm really keen to put one on my wife's 650twin for our world tour but no such luck. Personally I think they are missing a big potential market with the new to riding female crowd (not that my gal is new to riding, she kicks ass). Would be a very nice feature to have on an overlanding bike, especially when you hit a congested city like lima etc.

I've ridden a wr450f with the Rekluse set up and it was brilliant.

I'm calling BS on their six-month delay. How it went from three more weeks to six months in one fell swoop is disappointing, as well as frustrating. Another riding season come and gone. Should have expected it. And there's certainly a greater likelihood that December will come and go.

It's patronizing and demeaning to not tell us what is going on, and the reason for the delay. These aren't trade secrets that some Chinese company will somehow take advantage of, and beat them to market. Acting like we don't deserve to know the difficulties is very condescending. It's not the Manhattan Project for Chrissakes.

I have a Rekluse on my KTM, and I think it is great, but their paranoia about keeping us in the loop is silly in this case.

IMHO, of course.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #289
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyRider View Post
I'm calling BS on their six-month delay. How it went from three more weeks to six months in one fell swoop is disappointing, as well as frustrating. Another riding season come and gone. Should have expected it. And there's certainly a greater likelihood that December will come and go.

It's patronizing and demeaning to not tell us what is going on, and the reason for the delay. These aren't trade secrets that some Chinese company will somehow take advantage of, and beat them to market. Acting like we don't deserve to know the difficulties is very condescending. It's not the Manhattan Project for Chrissakes.

I have a Rekluse on my KTM, and I think it is great, but their paranoia about keeping us in the loop is silly in this case.

IMHO, of course.
As you say, the technology is known, but this was/is not BS. I do believe they were ready to release it, as forcasted, but something happened to on of the beta test bikes,( no no no.... nothing grenaded, it was minor) and off course it had to be investigated, before they will release the EXP. It was unforseen, and so as not to affect production, they delayed the decision a bit longer. Smart move imho. It could be that they decide not to release it for the 8GS.....only they make that call.

Erling
Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #290
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
As you say, the technology is known, but this was/is not BS. I do believe they were ready to release it, as forcasted, but something happened to on of the beta test bikes,( no no no.... nothing grenaded, it was minor) and off course it had to be investigated, before they will release the EXP. It was unforseen, and so as not to affect production, they delayed the decision a bit longer. Smart move imho. It could be that they decide not to release it for the 8GS.....only they make that call.
That would suck. I don't mind waiting for a finished product, been riding scoots without for a minute or two, won't hurt to ride more. Ordering one for the EXC tomorow
SOP Dirt-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #291
Hamish71
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 402
OK....so the obvious question. Whats the alternative to a Rekluse?
Old 07-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #292
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish71 View Post
OK....so the obvious question. Whats the alternative to a Rekluse?
There isnt one.. Revloc was a competitor but Rekluse bought them out.. I think there was a lawsuit involved too
Old 09-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #293
Hamish71
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 402
So is this dead, never to happen?
Old 09-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #294
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish71 View Post
So is this dead, never to happen?
I am being told no from Rekluse. They are going to offer this on the 8GS, but said it might be fall 2013 before they get it going. It has been a few months since I shipped my loaner back to them for inspection. My personal thinking here is that they have a lot of things going, and while they have recognized the need for the 8GS, they want more testing done before release. The later is my personal opinion, where the first is from Rekluse. At this point, we are all waiting.

Erling
Old 09-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #295
JRose
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 627
Crap. I was so holeful....

The 8GS NEEDS this bad. The first gear is way to tall.

Oh well, just have to wait and hope.
JRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #296
Buster714
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 644
Question

What type of terrain are you guys riding on your 800GS's to necessitate an auto-clutch? If anyone can provide pics/video footage of an 800GS that demonstrates the necessity for this type of equipment I'm sure everyone would enjoy it and perhaps gain some clarification on WHY an auto-clutch for this particular 400lb bike needs to be produced. It would be even more effective if it was YOUR pics/video.

I saw some mention of racing earlier in the thread, so link up gentlemen... I need a reference point to judge whether I'm on the OH-OH-OH-I-HAVE-TO-HAVE-ONE list too.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #297
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster714 View Post
What type of terrain are you guys riding on your 800GS's to necessitate an auto-clutch? If anyone can provide pics/video footage of an 800GS that demonstrates the necessity for this type of equipment I'm sure everyone would enjoy it and perhaps gain some clarification on WHY an auto-clutch for this particular 400lb bike needs to be produced. It would be even more effective if it was YOUR pics/video.

I saw some mention of racing earlier in the thread, so link up gentlemen... I need a reference point to judge whether I'm on the OH-OH-OH-I-HAVE-TO-HAVE-ONE list too.
">

To each their own. I am climbing steep loose stuff.... Stock first is too tall.... Rekluse makes this easier.

Erling

ebrabaek screwed with this post 09-20-2013 at 03:48 PM
Old 09-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #298
JRose
Studly Adventurer

Please... We want to start differentiating "needs" and "wants" with our BMW bikes????

If you run technical rocky steep terrain (smokey mountain territory near me) it sure would be a welcomed addition.

NEED? No. I suppose I could get by without it. Same as any other accessory I've strapped on this 500 pound piece of crap.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #299
Buster714
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRose View Post
Please... We want to start differentiating "needs" and "wants" with our BMW bikes????

If you run technical rocky steep terrain (smokey mountain territory near me) it sure would be a welcomed addition.

NEED? No. I suppose I could get by without it. Same as any other accessory I've strapped on this 500 pound piece of crap.
Given the expense, I'm asking how one might qualify the decision with regard to the riding they do. Video is helpful for me and probably others. Didn't see any harm in that.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #300
JRose
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster714 View Post
Given the expense, I'm asking how one might qualify the decision with regard to the riding they do. Video is helpful for me and probably others. Didn't see any harm in that.
No harm, just found it odd as one of the first things I noticed when I bought my F800, and took it off road into some hilly washes, was how useless the first gear is. It doesn't allow for very well slow maneuvering without slipping the clutch a lot.