Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #76
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGoody View Post
Would some one explain the Rekluse clutch to me from the rider experience perspective? I have looked at the website and what I gather is that the clutch releases when you go very slowly -- slow enough to stall the engine. But -- do you still get engine braking going down hill? What about up shifting, downshifting? OK on the road, in the twisties, at highway speeds etc? Thanks in advance and please forgive my ignorance. I have some left hand tendon issues and so less clutching is of real interest to me.

Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #77
JGoody
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Thank you!
JGoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #78
MitchG
Iron Collector

Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGoody View Post
Would some one explain the Rekluse clutch to me from the rider experience perspective? I have looked at the website and what I gather is that the clutch releases when you go very slowly -- slow enough to stall the engine. But -- do you still get engine braking going down hill? What about up shifting, downshifting? OK on the road, in the twisties, at highway speeds etc? Thanks in advance and please forgive my ignorance. I have some left hand tendon issues and so less clutching is of real interest to me.
Your going to love the Rekluse with your hand issue, as it lowers the clutch lever force from zero at idle(you don't need to use it at all), to very light through mid rpm to still lighter than stock at high rpm. Engine braking down hill is still good but you need to keep the rpm up a bit above the decoupling rpm. Takes a bit of practice but once you get it, it becomes natural. I do all my up and down shifting without the clutch when off road(just tweak the throttle) but use the clutch on road( but with its much lighter one or two finger pull it does not require anywhere near the effort). Hope this helps.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #79
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,999
rumor has it that the rekluse has the side cover off and is modeling stuff.....
Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #80
Mollygrubber
Eschew obfuscation

Oddometer: 1,249
SO awesome, thanks for pushing this guys. My wife has a hard time with her clutch hand, this may be the solution for her F798.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #81
Lonster
Avid Reader

Oddometer: 52
Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
rumor has it that the rekluse has the side cover off and is modeling stuff.....
This rumor must be true......lol.
Lonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #82
runnin4melife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Ahhhhh hahaha mo money mo problems
runnin4melife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #83
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,581
come on come on come on....are we there yet?

Dear Rekluse,

As per my email, make it work and I will buy one. Soonest.

love,

Snowy.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #84
Cambi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
I need two sets for 2 bikes so...

Are they aiming/going to offer a z-Start system and what could be the target price?
Cambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #85
Lonster
Avid Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
come on come on come on....are we there yet?

Dear Rekluse,

As per my email, make it work and I will buy one. Soonest.

love,

Snowy.

Stopped by Rekluse on Thursday and my bike had a plastic bin with all my clutch parts in it and the oil in a container beside it. Rekluse told me things were looking good for the parts mock up and still think they will have my bike back together this next week and returned as they build a prototype. Just giving you guys an quick update. No bad news here!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:26 AM   #86
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,581
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #87
toro618 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 934
This is all great. I first called Rekluse in April if they would consider building a one-off for me since they had no intension of begining R&D untill maybe 2014. So I called them everyday for about 2 weeks, then started this thread as per their advise to get an interest going. I've done some hare scramble races with this bike, and I tell you after about 45 minutes of constantly covering the clutch my left arm gets fatigued...then the race usually runs for another 45 minutes...so an hour an half of constant clutching in 2nd and 3rd gears makes the bike feel even heavier than it already is. I don't care how well conditioned a rider is, the oem clutch springs are way too stiff for hard hare scrable.enduro racing. With the addition of Rekluse, the F8 WILL make a very strong enduro bike. Some of the enduro clubs are begining to add Big Bike classes to their enduro events, so the introduction of a Rekluse clutch could not have come at a better time.

Thank you Lonster for providing your bike and time to make this happen.
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #88
Lonster
Avid Reader

Your Welcome & a bit more information

Quote:
Originally Posted by toro618 View Post
This is all great. I first called Rekluse in April if they would consider building a one-off for me since they had no intension of begining R&D untill maybe 2014. So I called them everyday for about 2 weeks, then started this thread as per their advise to get an interest going. I've done some hare scramble races with this bike, and I tell you after about 45 minutes of constantly covering the clutch my left arm gets fatigued...then the race usually runs for another 45 minutes...so an hour an half of constant clutching in 2nd and 3rd gears makes the bike feel even heavier than it already is. I don't care how well conditioned a rider is, the oem clutch springs are way too stiff for hard hare scrable.enduro racing. With the addition of Rekluse, the F8 WILL make a very strong enduro bike. Some of the enduro clubs are begining to add Big Bike classes to their enduro events, so the introduction of a Rekluse clutch could not have come at a better time.

Thank you Lonster for providing your bike and time to make this happen.

You are certainly welcome. I am excited to see how this going to benefit riders like you and to see the outcome. My personal riding interest with this bike probably pertains more to "sticking the bike where it doesn't really belong but not wanting to turn around because it might get easier soon....or not" I am probably going to head straight to the last place I found difficult and see what the handling difference is. BTW, I emailed Rekluse and asked about a Left Hand Rear Brake but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon. Looks like I may get to play sooner than later as well as I received this email from Logan at Rekluse.

--------------snip------------------------------

Hi Logan,

Hope all is well.

Was just curious if your R&D also reviews the potential fitment of a Left hand rear brake for the bike? The handle bars are stock on my bike with added features of the Rox Risers and the Touratech hand guards. The Rox Risers install required a bit longer front brake line to avoid too tight of a stretch on the brake line when at full lock.

Stay Safe,

Lon

Hey Lon,
Because of the geometry of the rear brake master cylinder on the 800 GS, our current LHRB kit will unfortunately not fit. The reason is that it has a remote reservoir, while our design utilizes the easily-pressurized piggyback-style reservoir found on most KTMs, Yamahas, Hondas, etc. For bikes with remote reservoirs, applying the LHRB kit will require a more involved concept, likely necessitating the manufacturing of a new replacement master cylinder from scratch.

By the way, the EXP installation is going well in your bike. Ive got our product installed and will be trying some setups this week. Im excited for you to ride it.

-Logan
Old 10-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #89
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,330
Not sure why Logan is saying that but there should not be any problem in using a left hand rear brake on the F800GS - or any other bike for that matter - if you have a Rekluse fitted.

The adapter for the foot actuated master cylinder is only needed if you want to keep both the brake pedal and the LHRB. If you simply fit a brake fluid compatible master cylinder on the left and run the line all the way to the rear caliper you are obviously good to go.

LukasM screwed with this post 10-29-2012 at 01:43 PM
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #90
Lonster
Avid Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
Not sure why Logan is saying that but there should not be any problem in using a left hand rear brake on the F800GS - or any other bike for that matter - if you have a Rekluse fitted.

The adapter for the foot actuated master cylinder is only needed if you want to keep both the brake pedal and the LHRB. If you simply fit a brake fluid compatible master cylinder on the left and run the line all the way to the rear caliper you are obviously good to go.
My thought was that I wanted both available on the bike.