ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #91
hamiamham
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Oddometer: 286
I have the rekluse on my bike - a 650 single - and its a great product. I believe you can have a left-hand brake (long lever) and a baby short lever for the clutch; both on the left side.
hamiamham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #92
MitchG
Iron Collector
 
MitchG's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Simpson, NT
Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiamham View Post
I have the rekluse on my bike - a 650 single - and its a great product. I believe you can have a left-hand brake (long lever) and a baby short lever for the clutch; both on the left side.
Yes, yes you can. It's a great setup BTW(although it necessitates a bit of parts sourcing).
__________________
Life is short, don't waste it....now get out there!

MitchG screwed with this post 10-29-2012 at 08:48 PM
MitchG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #93
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motorfiets's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North of Jack Daniel's, South of Country Music
Oddometer: 2,999
so do I get a prototype also?!?
Motorfiets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #94
Camel ADV
aka Oso Blanco
 
Camel ADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchG View Post
Yes, yes you can. It's a great setup BTW(although it necessitates a bit of parts sourcing).
Do you have a pic of that set-up or is it the same as the Rekluse? Never used one but it looks like it'd be awkward.

http://www.rekluse.com/brake.shtml
__________________
Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank for F series BMW twins. www.Camel-ADV.com

Proud member of Team Canada for the 2014 BMW GS Trophy

AT-BZ-CA-CN-CO-CR-CZ-CH-FR-DE-GB-GT-HN-IE-JP-KZ-KR-LI-LU-MX-NL-NI-PL-RU-SV-UA-US

Camel ADV screwed with this post 10-29-2012 at 10:01 PM
Camel ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #95
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 1,580
I covered the left brake/clutch combo a while back, I'll have to look for the links but there's an Aussie company that makes them. I think they're worth a bit, but by all accounts they transform things.

I'll get back to you.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #96
Camel ADV
aka Oso Blanco
 
Camel ADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
I covered the left brake/clutch combo a while back, I'll have to look for the links but there's an Aussie company that makes them. I think they're worth a bit, but by all accounts they transform things.

I'll get back to you.
I assume you mean the CLAKE?
__________________
Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank for F series BMW twins. www.Camel-ADV.com

Proud member of Team Canada for the 2014 BMW GS Trophy

AT-BZ-CA-CN-CO-CR-CZ-CH-FR-DE-GB-GT-HN-IE-JP-KZ-KR-LI-LU-MX-NL-NI-PL-RU-SV-UA-US
Camel ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #97
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 1,580
oh, yeah, that's it. I got side tracked.

Not so much for the Rekluse, but another option.

Horribly expensive, if I remember correctly.

I think ones money would be best spent on something like the Rekluse before spending on something like the Clake.

Even spending money on the suspension will make the bike more manageable off road, and is a priority over items like the Clake.

But if you had more money than you knew what to do with....yeah sure.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:38 AM   #98
Camel ADV
aka Oso Blanco
 
Camel ADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
oh, yeah, that's it. I got side tracked.

Not so much for the Rekluse, but another option.

Horribly expensive, if I remember correctly.

I think ones money would be best spent on something like the Rekluse before spending on something like the Clake.

Even spending money on the suspension will make the bike more manageable off road, and is a priority over items like the Clake.

But if you had more money than you knew what to do with....yeah sure.
The CLAKE is $1200 or something like that. IMO it seems like it would be awkward, kinda gimmicky but like I said I have no experience with it. Maybe it's the greatest add on ever
__________________
Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank for F series BMW twins. www.Camel-ADV.com

Proud member of Team Canada for the 2014 BMW GS Trophy

AT-BZ-CA-CN-CO-CR-CZ-CH-FR-DE-GB-GT-HN-IE-JP-KZ-KR-LI-LU-MX-NL-NI-PL-RU-SV-UA-US
Camel ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:52 AM   #99
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 1,580
apparently it's really cool once you get used to it.

Basically the first part of the clutch lever stroke operates the clutch, and the next part of the pull operates the rear brake. Achieved with cams and a dual output hydraulic master cylinder.

I found some calipers off an older Honda that had dual braking set up. 2 sets of pistons operated by separate hydraulic circuits. So I could have 2 separate hydraulic inputs to the one caliper on the rear. One ABS, one non ABS?

I figured I could use the rekluse and have a bar mounted rear brake while still having the foot operated rear brake and ABS. Maybe incorporate the 2 in another way. Join the hydraulic circuits?

A little bit of lever pull gives you some brake, a lot of lever pull gives more brake and some clutch? Just a thought.

there are holes all over my plan. Like using the front brake in ABS mode while using a non ABS rear brake would still cause the ABS to intervene on the front wheel because it's still seeing a wheel locking signal from the rear sensor. I think.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #100
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 1,580
Quote:
A little bit of lever pull gives you some brake, a lot of lever pull gives more brake and some clutch? Just a thought.
actually it would be the opposite. Parallel hydraulic circuits, the one with the least resistance would operate first, so the clutch would operate, and then the brake.

Maybe.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #101
Gumbeaux
The Chameleon
 
Gumbeaux's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Purgatory
Oddometer: 787
Add me to the list of very interested on the Rekluse...but not so much all these other fancy left hand clutch/brake combo thingies you guys are discussing
__________________
Gumbeaux
Gumbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #102
MitchG
Iron Collector
 
MitchG's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Simpson, NT
Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Blanco View Post
Do you have a pic of that set-up or is it the same as the Rekluse? Never used one but it looks like it'd be awkward.

http://www.rekluse.com/brake.shtml
Sorry, no pics, but I'm going to setup another that way soon and will post pics then.
__________________
Life is short, don't waste it....now get out there!
MitchG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #103
Lonster
Avid Reader
 
Lonster's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 52
Left Hand Rear Brake Compared

Here's a You-Tube video link you might be interested in "Clake Vs GP Tech Vs Rekluse" Gives you some ideas and thoughts about mounting and/or operation............. That is if you can get past the annoying breathing of the person recording the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Mh2ezYmkjSo
__________________
09 F800GS
04 WR450
07 DRZ400
Lonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #104
Camel ADV
aka Oso Blanco
 
Camel ADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonster View Post
Here's a You-Tube video link you might be interested in "Clake Vs GP Tech Vs Rekluse" Gives you some ideas and thoughts about mounting and/or operation............. That is if you can get past the annoying breathing of the person recording the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Mh2ezYmkjSo
Someone get that guy some Dristan! It was a good comparison.
__________________
Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank for F series BMW twins. www.Camel-ADV.com

Proud member of Team Canada for the 2014 BMW GS Trophy

AT-BZ-CA-CN-CO-CR-CZ-CH-FR-DE-GB-GT-HN-IE-JP-KZ-KR-LI-LU-MX-NL-NI-PL-RU-SV-UA-US
Camel ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #105
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 1,580
That's not how I understood the Clake to work, so it goes from a good idea to a gimmick in my mind.

Maybe when you've used it enough it works ok, but how friggin confusing is that shit? Click lever, then brake? That's not gunna go wrong in a hurry...in the rain...and mud...and rocks...


OK...back to Rekluse....are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014