Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #196
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew26 View Post
Thanks for putting the youtube up B1
$150.00 is a bit rich but i,m already useing two 1ltr fuel cans and a 5ltr cow dredgeing container in my back pack and been stopped at the service station for filling the 5ltr container up.
So l think i will have to spend some money.DREW
Whats a cow dredging container?
Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #197
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
Whats a cow dredging container?
Freaking Aussies and their dam slang
Old 09-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #198
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post

Auxiliary fuel tank, good for all kinds of handlebars (cross, dirt bike, trail and motard). Capacity: 2.1 Liters
Syphon Kit: Connects the handle bar fuel tank to the main tank and automatically syphon's fuel while you ride. With this design, the handlebar tank empties first and then you continue to ride on your main tank.
Interesting idea, but of limited use I think. Certainly wouldn't fit on my bars.

I have the HDB top clamp, with two RAM balls (one for GPS mount, one for SPOT mount). I also wonder if it'll clear a top-mounted Scotts damper for those that have them.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #199
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew26 View Post
[SIZE=3]Thanks for putting the youtube up B1 150.00 is a bit rich but i,m already useing two 1ltr fuel cans and a 5ltr cow dredgeing container in my back pack and been stopped at the service station for filling the 5ltr container up So l think i will have to spend some money.DREW
no worries drew. but what was the drama with filling the container up? because it wasn't approved for fuel use, or is it illegal to carry fuel on a bike?! and how do you dredge a cow exactly?
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:53 AM   #200
drew26
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Gidday B1 the dredge back packs have a tube that comes out of the screw cap with a pump gun at the other end when the cows are in the yard you just give them a squirt the there mouth.
Me and my mate,s have been useing these packs for 20 years we just replace the screw cap or plug the hole so fuel want spill out.
Then we would were them over the top of the body armour our put it in your back pack.
The problem know is petrol stations want let you fill a container unless it has an approved sticker on it.
DREW
drew26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #201
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368

Just got this baby a couple of weeks ago. Sadly due to poor weather, tons of work, and a vacation, I have not been able to ride it anywhere but back in forth in my neighborhood. Pretty excited with what I have experienced so far!

The pipe is off getting ceramic coated now. Fastway pegs, HDB steering damper mount, risers, and ADVx top clamp are on the way. Going to keep the Scott's damper and Cycra hand guards off of my dirtbike. Got the in tank fuel sock filter from Australia and Can-Am filter ready to go in to tomorrow. Still looking at pipe guard and radiator guards.

Anyhow, the main reason I am posting is that I hope to take this bike on the TAT trail next summer and I am worried about fuel capacity. I will get a 70* tank if they ever come out but that is still pretty short mileage. I was thinking of attempting to make or getting someone to make a skid plate box like LukasM's but built around a 4L MSR dromedary bag. What do y'all think?
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #202
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,193
Dale E whateverhisnameis (70degree racing.is canvassing support for a large 4 gallon (wtf Imperial crap) tank similar to what "Boss"??? put out a few years ago. Maybe what you are looking for.
Try here:
http://www.husaberg.org/forum/viewto...136808#p136808

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Anyhow, the main reason I am posting is that I hope to take this bike on the TAT trail next summer and I am worried about fuel capacity. I will get a 70* tank if they ever come out but that is still pretty short mileage. I was thinking of attempting to make or getting someone to make a skid plate box like LukasM's but built around a 4L MSR dromedary bag. What do y'all think?
Old 09-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #203
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 280
Quote:

Just got this baby a couple of weeks ago. Sadly due to poor weather, tons of work, and a vacation, I have not been able to ride it anywhere but back in forth in my neighborhood. Pretty excited with what I have experienced so far!

The pipe is off getting ceramic coated now. Fastway pegs, HDB steering damper mount, risers, and ADVx top clamp are on the way. Going to keep the Scott's damper and Cycra hand guards off of my dirtbike. Got the in tank fuel sock filter from Australia and Can-Am filter ready to go in to tomorrow. Still looking at pipe guard and radiator guards.

G'day RTF,

I'm 1 step ahead of you on this journey (not for long I'm sure) -- I have a tip on the ADVdx top clamp -- get the computer protector too. I just installed my ADVdx last night and unfortunately I had gotten the wrong protector (mine's a 4 lamp not a 2 lamp -- my bad for pre-ordering, I just said "make mine like LukasMs and got it wrong lol).

If you don't, it's not a biggie except you cannot directly see the speedo/hours and more importantly the low fuel light/engine management warning lights, as (with risers especially) the computer ends up being a fair bitbelow the clamp... also "apparently" (going on what I read not what I've experienced here), the auxillary fan is a good to have item but is also a pain in the arse to mount depending on which rad guards if any you use. I solved that by having mine put on before I got it.

Grats on a totally rockin bike!!
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #204
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post
Dale E whateverhisnameis (70degree racing.is canvassing support for a large 4 gallon (wtf Imperial crap) tank similar to what "Boss"??? put out a few years ago. Maybe what you are looking for.
Try here:
http://www.husaberg.org/forum/viewto...136808#p136808
I believe that tank is for the older non 70 degree bikes. At least his photos show that. Being a tall guy at 6'6" I don't like the idea of really big front tanks as they would seem to get in the way of my long legs when sitting.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #205
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chris View Post
G'day RTF,

I'm 1 step ahead of you on this journey (not for long I'm sure) -- I have a tip on the ADVdx top clamp -- get the computer protector too. I just installed my ADVdx last night and unfortunately I had gotten the wrong protector (mine's a 4 lamp not a 2 lamp -- my bad for pre-ordering, I just said "make mine like LukasMs and got it wrong lol).

If you don't, it's not a biggie except you cannot directly see the speedo/hours and more importantly the low fuel light/engine management warning lights, as (with risers especially) the computer ends up being a fair bitbelow the clamp... also "apparently" (going on what I read not what I've experienced here), the auxillary fan is a good to have item but is also a pain in the arse to mount depending on which rad guards if any you use. I solved that by having mine put on before I got it.

Grats on a totally rockin bike!!
The top clamp came in yesterday while I was at work. I am impressed with the workmanship!

I wanted the computer protector but I am trying to get this bike ready with the basics before the Overland Rally here in Georgia next week. Getting my bike ready and trying to diagnose a sick Tacoma has me running out of funds with a quickness. The protector and a few other things will have to wait until after.

Going to try the bike out in the woods first before I get the fans. We will see.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #206
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,018
Quote:
Fastway pegs, HDB steering damper mount, risers, and ADVx top clamp are on the way.....
i still felt cramped on the bike (6" 4) so got a piece of alloy plate so i could push the bars forward an inch which made a big difference. and padded the seat higher and wider.

re: fuel, the tanks all cost a fortune for the berg. cheap arse is 5L jerry can in a dry bag strapped to the rear seat between the side bags, then an extra two to four liters in fuel bottles in the tank bag if needed. about 360km range max.

B1 screwed with this post 09-16-2012 at 03:18 PM
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #207
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:

Congrats and welcome to the party!

Having just ran the Nevada and Oregon TAT on my Husaberg, and having ridden most of the TAT once before, I can say with confidence you need more than 4L (1 Gallon) of extra fuel to make it in between gas stations with a stock FE.
I carried a 6L MSR bag and ran out of gas twice. Luckily I scored gas from loggers once and the other time laying the bike down on it's side gave me enough gas to go the few miles needed. While it was a fun adventure, having integrated extra fuel capacity would have been much much better.

I know it's quite an investment, but I see it as a necessity and am saving up for a Safari front tank AND a 70 tank to complete my FE into a bike I can travel on without carrying fuel externally, the only thing I find to take away from the fun of traveling long distances on the Husa.
The Safari should be the first purchase, then I can carry a 4L bag if needed until I can get a 70 tank too. Being a cheap bastard, I'm hoping when the new 70 tank comes out I can score a used or left over v.1 tank for much less.
From what I've read it's not too uncomfortable while riding to have that tank up there.

Now if you do get to having a bash plate with liquid storage capability made, would love to know if I can get in on one, not for gas but for oil or water.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 09-16-2012 at 01:55 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #208
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,825
I will be making a Bash gaurds for the 70% berg with Tool box and with liquid storage capability
I have a 450 fx that I have aded an oil cooler custom Front head light (soon to be LED lights) faring combo
GPS & MD road book ICO and a Trail tech Vector, Aux Cooling fan,HDB handgaurds,GPR stablizer
AME heated grips,Low front fender and a custom Seat Concepts Rally seat IMS large Rally pegs
It will also have a New 70% rear tank along with a Safari Front tank, cush drive Rear wheel,
FMF pipe ( soon to be a Low boy Header and Rally pipe)
I will post a few pic very soon.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #209
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
I will be making a Bash gaurds for the 70% berg with Tool box and with liquid storage capability
I have a 450 fx that I have aded an oil cooler custom Front head light (soon to be LED lights) faring combo

I will post a few pic very soon.

Awesome, does that mean you'll be manufacturing a bash plate for us to purchase?

I'm very interested in seeing what you have going on with your oil cooler, as increasing my oil capacity along with fuel are the last pieces to the puzzle for this bike to make it the perfect long range lightweight ADV bike.

Speaking of oil, on my last 2600 mile Mad Dash due to circumstances out of my control I didn't/wasn't able to change the oil.
Good news is I sent the oil in for analysis and should have the results tomorrow. We shall see how the Husa's oil did after the long ride, especially since the last 850 miles were done at high speed highway riding in one sitting.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #210
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,825
Yes I hope to have (make) a few extras
Oil cooler is a work in. Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Awesome, does that mean you'll be manufacturing a bash plate for us to purchase?

I'm very interested in seeing what you have going on with your oil cooler, as increasing my oil capacity along with fuel are the last pieces to the puzzle for this bike to make it the perfect long range lightweight ADV bike.

Speaking of oil, on my last 2600 mile Mad Dash due to circumstances out of my control I didn't/wasn't able to change the oil.
Good news is I sent the oil in for analysis and should have the results tomorrow. We shall see how the Husa's oil did after the long ride, especially since the last 850 miles were done at high speed highway riding in one sitting.

Baja Dad screwed with this post 09-18-2012 at 02:48 PM
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote